25,000 miles then expect to pay.
By mikeyave on
2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
After 25,000 miles I brought my 2011 Sonata in for service as the engine light was on. At this time I was told I needed new front brakes and tires. I called Hyundai customer service on this and explained to them that I have leased cars for many years and have never had the brakes or tires needing replacement and that one of the reasons I lease every 3 years is so I don't have to deal with the high cost of these kind of repairs. I was told by Hyundai customer service that these repairs were necessary due to " normal wear and tear" my response to them was that I felt this was ridiculous, that if I drive my Sonata normal, after 25,000 miles expect to spend $600 to $700 for brakes and tires.
Suggested Improvements
Have better customer service and either have better tires and brakes or let the consumer know that after approx. 25,000 miles the tires and brakes will need to be replaced.
By triv57
on 02/18/14 08:51 AM (PST)

I have a 2011 Sonata. I bought the car in 2010 before they were even in the showroom. I saw it at the car dealer on the lot. I fell in love with the color and the style. I am so sad to say how much I dislike this car. I only had 15,000 miles on it when I needed new tires and brakes. I don"t drive my car all over the country. The car was only 2 years old when this happened. Of course I complained about this but I got a song and dance at the dealers. They gave me some story about why I needed new brakes and tires at 15,000 miles. Then a few months later, I needed a new battery. Come on really! I was very upset at this one. My goodness, the car was only 2 years old! I have been driving a very long time, and I must say, I am a very good driver in the snow. My car drives terribly in the snow. It always has. I thought it was because it was to low to the ground. I got stuck at work the other night trying to get out of the parking lot. I was the only one who had trouble. the owner of my company had to try to get my car out. Now this man has been a racing cars since he was in his 20"s. he knows a thing or two about cars. When he got out of my car he said" that the traction control is to invasive and that it was not safe. I called the dealer and he said I can bring it in and they will check everything out, but if their is a problem like that, their is nothing they can do about it, cos that's how the car was made. I can say right now, I will never buy another Hyundai sonata as long as I live. I would never, never recommend them to anyone. It is so sad to have a car you can"t stand and can"t wait to get rid of. I have written to the company, but I never got a response. On that alone, I would never buy another car from Hyundai. People beware before you buy one, that's all I have to say.

By carguy150
on 10/04/13 05:26 AM (PDT)

Wow my 2011 sonata has 51000 on it and I have not even had to change tires yet, much less brakes. Think I'd get a second opinion if I were you.