pulling issue
By eirehatfield on
2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
In June of 2011 I purchased a sonata with 40 miles on it. since day 1 it has had a pulling issue. Struts have been replaced, camber bolt kit has been tried. New tires settle the pull issue mostly but still has problems and does not drive straight. Key cylinder has been replaced due to key sticking. Gas gauge has been replaced because it showed I always needed gas, even when i just fueled up. I have argues the pulling issue with dealearship since day 1. I am being told there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. All my family and mech. friends have driven this car with the same feelings as mine. Something is wrong!! It definetly does not drive straight. Horrible customer service.
Favorite Features
The only nice about Sonata is gas mileage on Hwy only. City gas mileage is no better than any other vehicle out there.
Suggested Improvements
Only takes 2-3 hours of test drive and paperwork to buy a car these days. But if you have a problem with it that can't be fixed, look forward to being screwed over for months by Hynudai. No one seems to want to help with my problem and i am given the run around trying to get it fixed. Currently i'm pursuing a refund, which Hyundai does not even want to acknowledge me on this issue.
By badallignment
on 06/15/12 13:50 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem with my Sonata. I now need 4 new tires at 21,000 miles for $700. I agree, Hyundai customer service is terrible, they will do nothing to help, I was told tires aren't suppose to last longer on new cars. I have had new cars for 25 yrs and never had this problem. I was told by the tire manufactor that Hyundai uses a "different componet" on the tires so there is no warrenty. I assume they have been getting a lot of complaints too. There is a class action suit going on against Hyundai, I think it is Silbertstien and Silverman, they are located in Philadelphia, Pa. So if anyone has this problem please join the suit. I do not work for the law firm, I just don't like getting taken.