2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Great car, great price!
By Trevor Sullivan on 02/24/10 21:11 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As a repeat customer of Hyundai, I have to say that I am extremely pleased with my 2011 Sonata! I just traded in my 2006 Sonata GLS v6 for a 2011 Limited Edition, and am happy as can be! The interior design is modern and inviting, yet not overdone; it has an overall blu-ish theme to it, including the primary gauges, and the backlight for the radio controls. The performance is great, with tight / sporty steering, a sporty / quick-shifting transmission, and an sufficient 200HP 4-cyl. The exterior sports very modern, sexy lines, and at first glance appears similar to the Hyundai Genesis (which is why it first caught my eye).

2011 Sonata SE
By John N on 02/24/10 11:27 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Unbelievable impressed. Style, MPG and value with good pick up and nice ride. Was considering a accura TSX and this car is same size with nicer styling and MPG. Also 5K cheaper which is another plus. Tech features of keyless, blue tooth, IPOD, 18 inch wheels are great. Looks like a combo merced and Lexus. Just hope long term the quality holds

My second Sonata but not my last.
By kmht on 02/20/10 19:59 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As soon as I noticed the 2011 Sonata on the lot I knew I had to drive it. I was driving a 2009 Sonata that I also loved from the very beginning. The sleek new lines are very attractive and they make the car look much more expensive than it really is. The six speed transmission is much more refined and it seems to hug the road better than my '09. I am a six footer and the drivers compartment is very comfortable. All of the controls are well laid out and easy to reach.

Meet the Accord Killer...
By KK on 02/20/10 18:40 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2008 SE Sonata for the Auto GLS in Pacific Blue with Grey interior and the alloy and power seat package. Love the car and its power for a 4cyl. 30 more HP and a lighter car with a much better transmission now. Pickup is close to a 6cyl 0-60 times. Interior space is plentiful and a huge trunk tops it off. I think this is the car that moves Hyundai up a notch! Well done Hyundai.

Best Value In Price Range
By frankiewainkie on 02/19/10 11:47 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's a pure pleasure to drive. Oh so comfortable! Definitely sufficient power. Unbelievable sound system with the navigation option. I only have a few minor complaints. 1) IPod connection should be "compartmentalized" to keep it out of view. 2) no outside temperature display when navigation map is on. 3) cannot select your destination using just a phone # as with Honda. 4) I don't think it recognizes voice commands for phone call. These are not major issues, however, & they did get everything else right. And of course they blow the competition away with their 5 year/60000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. They HAVE TO BUILD THEM BETTER!

Outstanding Redesign & Value
By John of Columbus,NC on 02/19/10 10:42 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited. The new 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited is more than I expected. The car is more comfortable than any I have owned in recent past. At highway speeds it holds the road securely. The Radiant Silver exterior is handsome and the black leather interior is the perfect contrast. The Dimension sound system is clear and balanced and a huge improvement. The car has everything one could ask for except navigation. I have a Garmin GPS for that. What a great automobile. Hyundai does it right!

Unexpected Pleasure
By James Gann on 02/17/10 19:40 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had this car one week but it has been more than I expected: it handled well in a recent snow storm, is averaging a combined mpg of 26, the fit and finish is excellent, the engine is quite responsive for a 4 cylinder, and the suspension is taught but comfortable. The interior fit and finish is exceptional with nice materials. I have cloth and leather seating. It has some of the electronic toys on it that are seen on much more expensive cars; like, Bluetooth phone connection and proximity keys.

Very pleasantly surprised
By Don on 02/17/10 17:49 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Was driving past the dealership as they were unloading their first Sonatas. I pulled in for a closer look, and the rest is history. I had a 2007 Camary SE, which I absolutely loved, but mileage was getting pretty high. The Sonata SE has much more in the way of features than my Camry, And cost $3000.00 less than I paid for my Camry 4 years ago. Awesome Vehicle. Cannot say enough about it.

First 2011 Sonata sold
By First buyer on 02/17/10 13:34 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased the car 2 days ago so my review of the car is with only a couple of days of ownership. I bought the Limited model. I love the new design and have had many compliments on the beautiful looks. The inside is as nice as the outside and looks great. The leather seats are of superior quality and the keyless ignition is wonderful. The standard bluetooth connection for my cell works great as well and the gas mileage is wonderful and I am averaging 25 miles per gallon on my first tank. The 200 HP engine has plenty of power and the car handles like a dream. I can't believe I got it for 26K. No down side at this point.

WOW Incredible Value
By Mike on 02/15/10 21:14 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a black Limited edition sonata for 25,200. Limited is fully loaded with everything but navigation. This car floats on the road. The styling is excellent looks like a Mercedes, Lexus,etc.. And I haven't driven in those cars but let me tell you.. 1) You don't feel a bump 2) You don't hear the engine...stopped at a light for first time I though engine died, no you really cant hear a thing 3) People really look at this car 4) Quality everywhere is top notch from closing the doors to interior, to under the hood 5) SIMPLE! Everything is logistically placed perfectly!! HANDS DOWN UNBELIEVABLE CAR FOR THE MONEY!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*