Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Our 10th Hyundai
By nj2pa2nc

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

While having our 05 Hyundai Elantra serviced we looked at the new sonata. There was a venetian red 6MT one. After test driving it we traded in our elantra for it. Love it so far.

showing when to shift, the bluetooth

more options offered with the 6MT- sunroof, power seats, darker color interior with the red.

OMG
By whorah

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'll try not to get too excited and...well, I give up. This car is simply AMAZING in EVERY ASPECT! Excellent MPG? Check. Great Looks? Check. Good Power? Check. Great Interior? Check. Value? You've got to be kidding me. I dare anyone to come remotely close with a car that is more pleasing to the eye and features at a price that's say, $10,000 MORE than this GEM of a car. When Hyundai first came to U.S., I made the mistake of owning an Excel. Swore that I'll never buy another car from them. Well, how times have changed! BTW, I've owned Lexus, Lincoln, Ford, Toyota, Subaru, Suzuki, Jeep and Honda. Nothing, nothing compares at any price. I just love driving or simply staring at my car

I'm exhausted after writing up my review!

Power seat for the passenger.

Very Satisfied
By silver foxx

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my car 2 weeks ago - silver GLS model. So far 700 miles and I'm happy with the vehicle. Coming from a Buick V6, I am happy with my new Sonata.

I guess XM will get a new customer

Very Dissapointed!
By scottg

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My 2011 Sonata is not even a remote competitor of Honda, Toyota, or Ford. I received my car with a defective door latch and terrible rattles in this door dashboard and console. The driver's side door pillar has a scratch. Several weeks later, my front drivers seat started to fray at the seams. The vanity mirror does not open, and rattles have reappeared. I sat in the back seat for the first time and folded down the rear seat center console only to find a deep 5 inch scratch across the cup holder! Hyundai needs to slow down and identify how these quality control lapses occurred as this is NOT quality. It would be nice to try restoring my faith in your product- which is rapidly dwindling

Telescopic steering wheel.

Please take the time to identify how these quality control problems occur and right this wrong with a very dissatisfied customer who works hard (and with pride) for his salary.

Issues
By Shawn

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Anyone else notice these issues? Tire noise! Steering gets quite heavy above 60 mph. You have to work on it to keep it going straight on freeway. Suspension a little too stiff.

Design