Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

2011 Sonata
By steelersfan2

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We love the 2011 sonata it drives like a BMW. It has plenty of power but yet the elegance of a luxury car. Everybody we know keeps asking us what kind of car we got and how we could afford something that nice they all think it is a BMW or something expensive. This is by far the nicest car we have ever owned.

Favorite Features

some of our favorite features are the handsfree, the design of the car the way you can shift it into manual on the go and the overall comfort or the car.

Suggested Improvements

there are not many improvements but one thing i have noticed is when you shut the doors they sound hollow to me maybe its just me.thats all i can think of we love the car so its hard to think of anything.

Our 10th hyundai
By nj2pa2nc

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in our 05 Hyundai Elantra gt for a 2011 Venetian red 6mt sonata. Loving it after 2 weeks.

Favorite Features

displays when to shift.

Suggested Improvements

wished the 6MT model offered more options-sunroof, power windows and seats, etc.

Hyundai Mansei
By Chrisbo

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In Korean, "Mansei" translates to live/thrive for 10,000 generations. Hyundai has arrived and there is no denying it. The 2011 Sonata is solid, fun to drive and just plain impressive. You might be able to do a little bit better than this car. Just go ahead and pay twice as much and hope for the best.

Favorite Features

The look, the feel, the MPG. Did I mention that it is quiet and smooth. I'm 6'2" and I like every seat in this car. Well, yes, I prefer to drive it. And so will you!

Suggested Improvements

Ask me in ten years. It's very likely I will have nothing to add. Hyundai is here to stay. Mansei!

2011 Pearl White GLS
By sbbluewater

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just traded in my old 1998 Honda Accord EX for the new 2011 Sonata GLS with the Navigation and upgraded stereo package. All I can say is what a great car so far! I have not driven a 4 cylinder in over 30 years and this car has plenty of pep and rides really nice. Pretty quiet compared to my old Accord, but still hear some road noise. For a large family sedan it rides and handles very nice. Still on my first tank of gas but the trip computer is showing my average at right around 30 mpg with mixed city and hi-way driving. Very comfortable car so far. Hope the quality holds up. The car looks nice and is a very, very good value even at retail sticker price.

Favorite Features

Ride, engine, navigation system, bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

More sound insulation

2011 stunning Black on Black limited
By Heather

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Absolutely the most beautiful car I ever had. I cannot believe the drive, smooth and powerful

Favorite Features

b/u camera , navigation and satellite

Suggested Improvements

just a bit more headroom