2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Hyundai Sonata
By bhud on 04/01/13 13:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We love it! Great Fuel Mileage!

Excellent vehicle
By tecolotelrd on 02/17/13 19:45 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a used 2011 SE with 29K miles and so far I really like this car. It has great exterior design, the interior feels well built and the materials do not feel cheap at all. The features are really nice and ride comfort is great for my standards. The only concern I had was about the left pull I read so much about, so when I test drove this vehicle, I paid the most attention to this. Either the issue was fixed previously or it never had it because at 70-75 mph it never pulled to any side.

After 40k and 3 years, she's still beautiful, but...
By dandedor on 02/03/13 11:32 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Design: The car is beautiful inside and out, and the paint is still shiny. The ergonomics are great. The materials are decent, but the seat is uncomfortable. MPG: In mixed driving, I average 24 MPG. On the highway, I get 35 MPG. Engine: For a four-cyl, it moves nicely, but man it is LOUD! Transmission: Smooth as silk. Handling: The worst part of the car. Its like there's a marshmallow holding the steering wheel to the wheels. So numb. The ride is jittery as well. Brakes are a-ok. Aging: The car feels much cheaper now compared to three years ago. The engine is loud after 1.5k RPMs. Several rattles have developed in the cabin.

Not Bad for a $20K Car
By romil01 on 01/06/13 00:06 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 38K miles on the car...my lease ends in May 13. Overall, it has been a good car, although a bit on the boring side. Reliability has been excellent. I had to bring the car in for a recall early on during ownership, but it was a quick and painless process and Hyundai provided me with a $25 Visa gift card as an apology for the inconvenience of bringing the car in. The initial sales experience and all subsequent servicing at multiple Hyundai dealers have been outstanding. Hyundai seems to go out of its way to be friendly and efficient. Only issues are some cheap, hard plastic on the interior which squeak often over rough roads and the poor steering which is always off-center.

Driver's seat
By sissy51 on 01/01/13 10:08 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The only thing I am truly disappointed in is that the driver's seat is very short and, if you have long legs, you will not be comfortable driving this car. Otherwise, everything else from the steering to the get up and go with only a 4-cylinder is wonderful.

safty issue
By walter37 on 12/18/12 06:54 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

driver side floor maps are constantly getting tangled up with gas and break pedal's the hooks installed can't keep them in place. Passengers side does the same but not a safety concern.

Not Feeling It Anymore..
By niteflite888 on 12/04/12 20:07 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

30k update. The pulling problem is pretty severe. The tires began to cup some times ago and the ride is noisy. Took to dealer and they wanted me to pay a few hundred bucks for some work-around to address unadjustable camber. I refuse to pay out of pocket to fix anything on a car with such low mileage. MPG calculator is not accurate. Power window doesn't function at times. Will steer clear of hyundai next time and stick to toyota or honda. maybe even a ford or cadillac.

Near perfection for the $$$
By peter95949 on 11/27/12 19:23 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am surprised to read consumers comment about parts falling off, etc. My Sonata has 26,000 in 30 months and has given me absolutely no trouble at all except a battery replacement at 10K. Ride is a mixed bag: absolutely no wind noise at any speed. Low-rolling-resistance tires can produce pronounced road noise on certain pavements. However, coupled with six-speed transmission and efficient engine, the tires help me to get 24mpg city and up to 40mpg on the road. The car is laden with unexpected features, and the swoopy styling makes everything else in this price range look dowdy. I love the car!

Tremendous Value, combination of Power and MPG
By oldsroyale on 11/26/12 15:32 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've put 35k miles on mine. Simply put, you are not going to find a car that does 0-60 in 6.7sec that also gets MPG like this. The power delivery is nearly lag-free. Handling is good on the SE's. The stock tires are rubbish. I run a true summer tire on the stock 18's and that improves the handling, but makes the ride a bit choppier. I run 17's in winter and that makes a big difference in winter weather handling. It also helps the ride. I added heated seats- why that was not standard, don't know... The seats are not very comfortable compared to competitors. Ergonomics are a cut below Honda but still good. The dimension stereo is disappointing.

hyundai overall fail
By buckeyeclair on 11/15/12 08:22 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

within the first week of owning this vehicle parts started falling off. The interior is cheap and I've had to have the fuel door replaced multiple times. Not only that but after maintaining my hyundai regularly it stalled our of no where (no check engine light, no oil light, no warning) and died. IT was towed to the local hyundai dealer where they said they had to jump it to get it into the service bay then stated they reved the engine and it died. Hyundai is now saying it is my fault for not maintaining the vehicle and they will not cover the cost of the engine. I am now completely with out a vehicle unless I pay over 8k for a brand new engine on a leased vehicle less than 2 years old.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*