2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews 3

2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
My Third Sonata too!
By jlwibanks on 04/12/13 14:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2011 Sonata slightly used with 9k miles on it and got a great deal from a Dallas, TX dealership. I traded in my Chrysler 300c Hemi - I was sick of driving it from gas station to gas station. What a revalation the Sonata is! It is so much easier to drive and cornering is way better than the 300c which just felt like a tank. Yes the Hemi had more power, but the Sonata is lighter and really does need it. I was very curious about real-world gas mileage so the first day I bought it, I took it round trip from Dallas to Plano and back on mixed city/highway driving. I averaged 35.7 mpg on the freeway cruising at 75 mph - I am sure if I went slower, it would probably be closer to 40.

On my third Hyundai
By bdb07 on 04/07/13 10:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the '03, '05, & the '11 sonata's, and I am sold on the car. I love the look, the reliability, & gas mileage of the car. The front seat is a little uncomfortable. It's just shaped unusual. I love the bluetooth hookup. The stock stereo sounds good, but I don't blast my music. My window tint is holding up very well. I love the huge trunk, & the fact that you can tip the back seats down to make room for longer items from the trunk. Stock tires didn't last long at all, but I've replaced them with better tires with long warranty. The car rides quiet & handles great. When I'm ready to buy another car...I will be looking at another Hyundai

Hyundai Sonata
By bhud on 04/01/13 13:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We love it! Great Fuel Mileage!

Excellent vehicle
By tecolotelrd on 02/17/13 19:45 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a used 2011 SE with 29K miles and so far I really like this car. It has great exterior design, the interior feels well built and the materials do not feel cheap at all. The features are really nice and ride comfort is great for my standards. The only concern I had was about the left pull I read so much about, so when I test drove this vehicle, I paid the most attention to this. Either the issue was fixed previously or it never had it because at 70-75 mph it never pulled to any side.

After 40k and 3 years, she's still beautiful, but...
By dandedor on 02/03/13 11:32 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Design: The car is beautiful inside and out, and the paint is still shiny. The ergonomics are great. The materials are decent, but the seat is uncomfortable. MPG: In mixed driving, I average 24 MPG. On the highway, I get 35 MPG. Engine: For a four-cyl, it moves nicely, but man it is LOUD! Transmission: Smooth as silk. Handling: The worst part of the car. Its like there's a marshmallow holding the steering wheel to the wheels. So numb. The ride is jittery as well. Brakes are a-ok. Aging: The car feels much cheaper now compared to three years ago. The engine is loud after 1.5k RPMs. Several rattles have developed in the cabin.

Not Bad for a $20K Car
By romil01 on 01/06/13 00:06 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 38K miles on the car...my lease ends in May 13. Overall, it has been a good car, although a bit on the boring side. Reliability has been excellent. I had to bring the car in for a recall early on during ownership, but it was a quick and painless process and Hyundai provided me with a $25 Visa gift card as an apology for the inconvenience of bringing the car in. The initial sales experience and all subsequent servicing at multiple Hyundai dealers have been outstanding. Hyundai seems to go out of its way to be friendly and efficient. Only issues are some cheap, hard plastic on the interior which squeak often over rough roads and the poor steering which is always off-center.

Driver's seat
By sissy51 on 01/01/13 10:08 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The only thing I am truly disappointed in is that the driver's seat is very short and, if you have long legs, you will not be comfortable driving this car. Otherwise, everything else from the steering to the get up and go with only a 4-cylinder is wonderful.

safty issue
By walter37 on 12/18/12 06:54 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

driver side floor maps are constantly getting tangled up with gas and break pedal's the hooks installed can't keep them in place. Passengers side does the same but not a safety concern.

Not Feeling It Anymore..
By niteflite888 on 12/04/12 20:07 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

30k update. The pulling problem is pretty severe. The tires began to cup some times ago and the ride is noisy. Took to dealer and they wanted me to pay a few hundred bucks for some work-around to address unadjustable camber. I refuse to pay out of pocket to fix anything on a car with such low mileage. MPG calculator is not accurate. Power window doesn't function at times. Will steer clear of hyundai next time and stick to toyota or honda. maybe even a ford or cadillac.

Near perfection for the $$$
By peter95949 on 11/27/12 19:23 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am surprised to read consumers comment about parts falling off, etc. My Sonata has 26,000 in 30 months and has given me absolutely no trouble at all except a battery replacement at 10K. Ride is a mixed bag: absolutely no wind noise at any speed. Low-rolling-resistance tires can produce pronounced road noise on certain pavements. However, coupled with six-speed transmission and efficient engine, the tires help me to get 24mpg city and up to 40mpg on the road. The car is laden with unexpected features, and the swoopy styling makes everything else in this price range look dowdy. I love the car!