2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Best car I ever purchased!
By vickiepayne on 08/19/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

All I can say is WOW! I did not test drive this car, I bought it online and had it delivered to me at work. I was a little worried about it only being a 4cyl. But to my surprize this car has the get up and go to pass anything on the road. It rides and handles great, I live in the ozark mountains and it is darn right fun to drive through the curves, climbs the mountains without hesitation. I get 34 mpg through the mountains and got as high as 37mpg on flat land with cruise. some of the plastic in the interior could be better grade, but for the money this is one sweet ride. I used to have a lexus SC400 and I rate the sonata right up there with it!

Head Of The Pack!
By kipstorm on 07/28/13 11:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

34,500 miles, used, and still going strong. At first, I didn't like the vinyl dash, but good protectant has it looking like leather. Steering is tight and responsive. Lots of room in engine compartment; easy to maintain. Dealership was a GM one and even the salesman was impressed. I feel like a kid driving Dad's better car again. Read the Edmunds review and confirm this is the best in class, all around, at an affordable price.

Oops I should have got smt else,,,smt reliable
By peter127 on 06/10/13 19:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had for a little over 2 years, lately I have been going to a delearship often to have issues fixed. Major issues I found were, engine won't start, thankfully I was in town. Front door won't unlock with a remote, I had to use back door to open front door last time I did that was ,,,,never ,,,Current issue, I heard a hamming sound from the dashboard, it actually felt like some one was mowing grass, honestly I rolled down my window to check. They said it was at the back of the radio unit and they took out the whole unit including gps. Guess what I am driving, a car with a big hole on my dashboard,,that could be ok but I feel it is not reliable. Better spend ur hard earned money on reliable car!

Competent Family Car
By tristanboy on 06/10/13 19:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Stylish car that needs more substance. Although a good effort, still not class leading. Steering feel is a well known issue for modern Hyundai's. It feels extremely numb. The powertrain is very powerful. Get decent gas mileage around 25 mpg combined. Interior materials are nice although the center console plastics are rather cheap and the blue lighting at night is hard to read at a glance. Owned the car since November 2010. Other than routine service, I had to have the rear-view mirror replaced, the A/C actuator fixed, a new key fob. Fairly reliable and holding up well. Car at 29,000 miles.

Great car, poor dealer customer service
By jbartz on 06/01/13 10:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great car overall. Chrome around the grill is bubbling but dealer won't cover b/c the car is 1000 miles over warranty for paint/trim - although it's very apparent it has been that way awhile.

what a pile!
By mike_b4 on 04/22/13 09:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

what started off as a great looking, good fuel economy and decent performer has morphed into a money pit. this car was purchased new in 2011 and currently has 73k/miles; it has been serviced only at the dealer and highway driven. the car's stereo screen went out about a year ago and since it was over their "select" electronic warranty, i would have to replace it - cost $800 installed. on top of this slap to the face, the new part would have a 1 yr/12k warranty. if the original factory piece went out after 1 year, then why wouldn't the new one? now the shifter doesn't recognize the vehicle is in park all of the time when you park it. not covered & cost over $300 for a non essential part.

My Third Sonata too!
By jlwibanks on 04/12/13 14:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2011 Sonata slightly used with 9k miles on it and got a great deal from a Dallas, TX dealership. I traded in my Chrysler 300c Hemi - I was sick of driving it from gas station to gas station. What a revalation the Sonata is! It is so much easier to drive and cornering is way better than the 300c which just felt like a tank. Yes the Hemi had more power, but the Sonata is lighter and really does need it. I was very curious about real-world gas mileage so the first day I bought it, I took it round trip from Dallas to Plano and back on mixed city/highway driving. I averaged 35.7 mpg on the freeway cruising at 75 mph - I am sure if I went slower, it would probably be closer to 40.

On my third Hyundai
By bdb07 on 04/07/13 10:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the '03, '05, & the '11 sonata's, and I am sold on the car. I love the look, the reliability, & gas mileage of the car. The front seat is a little uncomfortable. It's just shaped unusual. I love the bluetooth hookup. The stock stereo sounds good, but I don't blast my music. My window tint is holding up very well. I love the huge trunk, & the fact that you can tip the back seats down to make room for longer items from the trunk. Stock tires didn't last long at all, but I've replaced them with better tires with long warranty. The car rides quiet & handles great. When I'm ready to buy another car...I will be looking at another Hyundai

Hyundai Sonata
By bhud on 04/01/13 13:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We love it! Great Fuel Mileage!

Excellent vehicle
By tecolotelrd on 02/17/13 19:45 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a used 2011 SE with 29K miles and so far I really like this car. It has great exterior design, the interior feels well built and the materials do not feel cheap at all. The features are really nice and ride comfort is great for my standards. The only concern I had was about the left pull I read so much about, so when I test drove this vehicle, I paid the most attention to this. Either the issue was fixed previously or it never had it because at 70-75 mph it never pulled to any side.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*