Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Fog Horn Blues
By nodlev33

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Sonata Limited 2.4 Turbo new in 2011. Initial pulling to the left was remedied by local alignment. With 36K on the odometer I noticed a foghorn-like sound emitting from under the hood whenever coming to a stop, and when the outside temperature was high. Initially, I suspected the brake system but then happened to come to a full stop, shift into neutral, and increase rpm's. Voila!!! The turbocharger. A couple of days at the local Hyundai dealer, and all was perfect. The problem has thankfully not re-occurred.

Favorite Features

Love the car. Acceleration, steering, comfort, short turning circle. Much easier to steer than my '05 Acura TL. Light years improvement over 88 Mustang 5L.

Look for starter problems.
By rebekahb1

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We just replaced the starter in our 75K mile 2011 Hyundai Sonata. We were told that the starter is a very common problem for this car, and sure enough, what presented as a possible battery problem that was difficult/impossible to jump turned out to be a starter. This is the first and only mechanical problem we have had with the car. Other than that, it is loud on the road and seats are uncomfy for me at 5'4", but it has been a great car. Just be prepared to shell out $500-700 for the starter.

Couldn't be happier with my decision
By hyundaiowner5

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Wine Interior (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have about 40,000 miles on my sonata and have not had one problem. Aside from replacing the brake pads, that's the only work it's had to have. It will be a sad day when I have to sell this car. I absolutely love how it drives. It is quiet, and everyone who drives it always remarks how great it handles and how fun it is to drive.

Favorite Features

Handling, wine interior, heated back seats.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to charge iPhones with iPhone charger.

Great decision to get my Sonata!!!
By agamez84

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my car! I wanted to wait to write a review now It recently passed the 100k mile mark, I bought it brand new on 6/11/2010 and it was one of the first on the road. I received lots of compliments and still do. I have many people tell me how well it rides, comfortable and roomy it is. I commute about 60 mile round trip for work and I average 30 mpg. The car still sounds and runs like new. All around everything has worn well, the steering wheel is starting to show cracks but 100k miles worth of driving and the Texas sun/heat I don't blame it. Only issues I've had is replacing an alternator bracket and a inner fender well. That's it! Well besides basic maintenance. Absolutely great car!

Favorite Features

The value by far, there isn't another car in it's class in my opinion that matches the value. It's beautiful, well designed inside and out, I'm tired of seeing these cookie cutter cars with no style. Overly equipped for the price, I have a base model and have hands free calling, there are some luxury brands that still option that! The sound system is great, its super comfortable. It's cheap to maintain and fuel up and gets me 30 mpg. the build quality is still excellent after 100k miles. The dealership is still amazing too, that's a rarity these days believe me I also own a Dodge and OMG never again!. I would with out a doubt buy another one.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe some better sound dampening, It's a little noisy on a windy days. Better factory tires, they're a bit noisy too but I would say that's it.

102K miles and still going strong
By luvmelmuch

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Hyundai Sonata off the showroom floor with 3 miles on it. I travel for a living so reliability and comfort were king. In addition the gas mileage on my model is still 36 MPG. I got 60k miles on the stock tires and put the second set of shoes on and it is a lot quieter. I have had no major or minor repair issues. I keep the oil changed and tires rotated and it has been great. I hope to hit 200K with no problems.

Favorite Features

MPG 35 plus Styling Ride

Suggested Improvements

Horn with a better sound upgraded interior parts. they are not wearing out buy you can see where I keep my hand