Good Car
By kosos on
2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
Use: commuter Load: 3 person totaling ~650 lb, avg 6 ft Distance: ~360 Miles per week Road: NY/NJ 80% highway Comfort: Good fit, lots of room, seats could be better but strangely I (driver) feel more comfortable now than when I first bought it. Passengers have not complained. Ergonomics: Excellent. I only do not like trunk/gas release buttons. They should be lit or redesigned. Performance: Must watch your speed, car cruises at 90+. I drive hard and no body roll, under/over steer, break fatigue or other common problems. Manual is great, 3rd gear could be stronger. Entertainment: remember this is stock. I like it if you do not blast it.
Favorite Features
Outside of car's performance the best feature is the blue tooth audio. I like Pandora and my own mp3 lib so 90% of the time i am streaming from my cell. BT Audio works very well. I used $8 phone holder attached to the driver side vent (next to radio) You can control each air vent (important for carpool). I am sure there is more which i do not notice since got used to them.
Suggested Improvements
In my prior car I could release steering wheel on almost any straight. Here any road imperfection causes the car to steer itself a little. It could be tires. Once again it got better or i got used to it, but do not notice it as much anymore. Trunk and Gas release should be more intuitive/lit. More options on MT model!
By kososs
on 03/09/12 12:56 PM (PST)

I just posted updated review. Just want to add what I missed after reading my initial review. Steering either became better or I really got used to it. Car holds road very well and I really do not pay much attention to how I hold the steering wheel. It became a none issue so that i did not even remember to mention it in my follow up review until i checked my initial post.