2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Great value, good car so far
By niteflite888 on 04/02/11 09:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

picked this car up recently. Decided to lease it since i'm not sold on hyundai's resale value just yet. So far, this car is working out fine. MPG is less than what i had desired (25mpg in 50/50 mixed driving). Hoping for this to go up under the same conditions after it's broken in. The features you get for the price are great. I have bluetooth, xm for 3 months, homelink, a trip computer. TPMS as well... unlimited miles roadside assistance for the duration of the lease (and more). The accord doesn't have the ubiquitous trip computer even when you step up to the exl trim (perhaps you need nav for it). the ride is average. sometimes feels cheap. but for the price it'll do.

So far so good
By aries21 on 04/02/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2011 2.0 Turbo SE March 1st and I all ready have 1600 miles so that must tell you I love driving the car. I was experiencing the pulling to the left and i brought it back and they said that hyundai was aware of the problem and they were waiting for a computer update for the steering. So I called the consumer care to verify this and what great service they took my name and serial number of the car called the dealer ship where we bought it and they said to make an appoinment. Then I got a call from Paul who is the regional service manager from Hyundai from New Jersey he said that they changed the specifications and it was fixed and no more pull.

Fabulous Car
By jetstar88 on 03/26/11 22:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was initially undecided on whether to buy the Sonata or it's sister, the Kia Optima. Kia also had an impressive exterior. The interior did not impress me at all. (Dash & console) I believe Hyundai just has better resale value to. I viewed the base auto GLS but had to add a few options, such as power seat, alloy wheels. Along with Bluetooth on the steering wheel. I've owned close to 20 cars in my life. Including a brand new 89' Sonata. This car is the most luxurious and well appointed vehicle I have owned and for the least money.

Test Drove and Loved!
By bsavoie93 on 03/21/11 19:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I went and test drove this car today. Immediately when I sat in it, it was incredibly comfortable. I'm 6'4" and there is more than enough room and the seats are perfect. It took no time at all for me to find a comfortable driving position unlike most other cars I've driven or drive where it takes several times of driving to get comfortable. The acceleration with the 2.0 Turbo is fantastic, I barely tapped the gas and I was at 80. It rode so well down the road. The car also has a strong and solid feel. Now since I've only test drove it and don't own one YET I'm not sure how reliability is. I'm sure its fine since all the other reviews haven't said anything too bad, but only time will tell.

Love it but....
By vote4honesty on 03/21/11 09:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Sonata in Jan. It is a comfortable car, great trunk space, runs well and looks great but...... after two months in my possession I noticed a small area on the trunk that is rusting. The area is very small on the passenger side of the trunk door above the brake light. On the driver side same thing but no rust just missing paint. I took it to dealership for repair (covered under warranty)and they gave me a 2011 Sonata loaner which I checked, of course, for the same problem and YES it did have issue. Before purchasing you may want to check for this manufacturers defect. Otherwise, love my car.

Awsome Car!
By djaz89 on 03/20/11 21:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is amazing, recently traded in my jeep compass for it. Love the leather, it does not feel cheap some other models do. Love the gas milage as well, i am avering 27 combined highway and city. All the features are nice such as the steering wheel controls and reverse camera. I love the metallic paint, i have a white sonata and it glistens all the time. The only problem as stated before, is that it seems to want to pull to the left a little on its own. It happens more often at speeds between 20-40 though. Overall, great car with a smooth ride and great luxury features. I get asked all the time if it is really a hyundai, or a lexus or bmw

Styling and bang for the buck can't be beat.
By peter95949 on 03/20/11 08:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a lot of car for the $$! The styling is a head-turner. Not only have people stopped to ask me about the car, but when I see one on the road ahead of me, I mistake it for a Jag. At 11,000 miles, mileage has improved and returns a consistent 38mpg on the open road at 70+ mph. Slow down to 55, and the reading jumps to 40+ mpg! City driving returns about 24mpg if there is a little freeway driving mixed in.

The finest car you will ever own.
By msm8221 on 03/16/11 18:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i have literally had 15 new cars in 18 years. Let's just stop there. This is the finest, funnest, head turner you will find without the Euro snob appeal and repair rates at 120.00 per hour. Just buy one. I read the finicky naggerlers of negativity with their minor peeves. They simply haven't owned enough cars to know a winner.

Review number 2, found a problem.
By deking on 03/14/11 13:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love everything about the car except the disply controls on the dashboard. My recommendation, don't attempt to do anything except change radio stations while you are driving. The controls are much too confusing and hard to use for my taste.

New king of mid-size
By soulquarian on 03/09/11 17:24 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Other than reliability, everything about this car beats my previous ride - the '07 Accord. And the only reason the Accord scores higher in reliability is because I've only had the Sonata for a week and a half. Time will tell. Prior to purchasing to Sonata GLS, I test drove the 2011 Accord SE and Fusion SEL. How did I go from mid-level trim to base? Well, the base level Sonata offered everything, and at times more, the mid Accord and Fusion came with. The Accord had the smoothest ride but the Sonata had the best all around package. Ey-catching styling, peppy acceleration, overall smooth ride, amazing standard features, and excellent mpg. This has got to be the car of the year.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*