2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Great decision to get my Sonata!!!
By agamez84 on 08/31/14 20:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my car! I wanted to wait to write a review now It recently passed the 100k mile mark, I bought it brand new on 6/11/2010 and it was one of the first on the road. I received lots of compliments and still do. I have many people tell me how well it rides, comfortable and roomy it is. I commute about 60 mile round trip for work and I average 30 mpg. The car still sounds and runs like new. All around everything has worn well, the steering wheel is starting to show cracks but 100k miles worth of driving and the Texas sun/heat I don't blame it. Only issues I've had is replacing an alternator bracket and a inner fender well. That's it! Well besides basic maintenance. Absolutely great car!

102K miles and still going strong
By luvmelmuch on 06/11/14 19:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Hyundai Sonata off the showroom floor with 3 miles on it. I travel for a living so reliability and comfort were king. In addition the gas mileage on my model is still 36 MPG. I got 60k miles on the stock tires and put the second set of shoes on and it is a lot quieter. I have had no major or minor repair issues. I keep the oil changed and tires rotated and it has been great. I hope to hit 200K with no problems.

Was basically told this is a disposable car
By upsidedown2011 on 05/26/14 06:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2 yr old lease well maintained...had problems throughout lease with different check engine lights ...never found cause.eventually would go off by themselves. Car hits 130,000 miles engine shuts off, I'm told it's seized and has electrical issues. 8-12k in repairs.contacted 3 dealerships & customers service. Was basically told by customer service and regional that car is disposable. They provided me a car with a 100,000 mile warranty & they are off the hook. Will not even consider help w/ repairs or the requested assistance or incentive to buy another Hyundai .This was my 6th Hyundai + I recommended at least 6 other people to buy hyundais..NEVER AGAIN ....don't buy Hyundai they dont care

So Far, Very Good
By camilio on 05/21/14 17:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was a Camry guy for years, having two in a row I kept for 9 years. After I started having problems with the brakes (and all the press), I decided it was time for a change. After 3.5 years (I bought the car in August of 2010), and 60,000+ miles, the car has done very well. The only problem was the battery did fail prematurely, but no other issues. The car is a beauty, I only paid 18K for it (base model), has great pickup, and handles a lot better than my Camry ever did!

Buyer Beware
By atmyheels on 05/20/14 19:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been a huge disappointment: it looks sharp but is not mechanically sound. I purchased the car certified pre-owned just over a year ago with under 30K on the odometer. It has been a series of unending problems ever since: all interior windows must be cleaned every 3 to 4 weeks with rubbing alcohol to remove a greasy residue that continually builds up (dealer does not know the cause), the interior smells similar to a wet dog when it rains, the battery was replaced at 35K yet still occasionally dies, both rear tail light assemblies failed causing the tail lights to stop working, and several rattles developed in the dashboard. This is in addition to two recalls.

Worst Car Ever
By worstcarever13 on 05/11/14 08:12 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchasing this car is the worst decision we ever made. Upon taking delivery and driving the car home I noticed the steering is crooked to track the car straight. My husband asked if I wanted to take the car back and since I worked at a car dealership I said no and had faith Hyundai could fix it and to this day they still haven't and can't give a reason why. The steering wheel/column also vibrates/rattles when going over bumps in the road. They've replaced the column and rack numerous times and it never fixes the problem. We contacted Hyundai corporate and they weren't even interested in trying to do anything to make us happy customers. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time or money.

25,000 miles then expect to pay.
By mikeyave on 09/30/13 11:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After 25,000 miles I brought my 2011 Sonata in for service as the engine light was on. At this time I was told I needed new front brakes and tires. I called Hyundai customer service on this and explained to them that I have leased cars for many years and have never had the brakes or tires needing replacement and that one of the reasons I lease every 3 years is so I don't have to deal with the high cost of these kind of repairs. I was told by Hyundai customer service that these repairs were necessary due to " normal wear and tear" my response to them was that I felt this was ridiculous, that if I drive my Sonata normal, after 25,000 miles expect to spend $600 to $700 for brakes and tires.

Best car I ever purchased!
By vickiepayne on 08/19/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

All I can say is WOW! I did not test drive this car, I bought it online and had it delivered to me at work. I was a little worried about it only being a 4cyl. But to my surprize this car has the get up and go to pass anything on the road. It rides and handles great, I live in the ozark mountains and it is darn right fun to drive through the curves, climbs the mountains without hesitation. I get 34 mpg through the mountains and got as high as 37mpg on flat land with cruise. some of the plastic in the interior could be better grade, but for the money this is one sweet ride. I used to have a lexus SC400 and I rate the sonata right up there with it!

Head Of The Pack!
By kipstorm on 07/28/13 11:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

34,500 miles, used, and still going strong. At first, I didn't like the vinyl dash, but good protectant has it looking like leather. Steering is tight and responsive. Lots of room in engine compartment; easy to maintain. Dealership was a GM one and even the salesman was impressed. I feel like a kid driving Dad's better car again. Read the Edmunds review and confirm this is the best in class, all around, at an affordable price.

Oops I should have got smt else,,,smt reliable
By peter127 on 06/10/13 19:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had for a little over 2 years, lately I have been going to a delearship often to have issues fixed. Major issues I found were, engine won't start, thankfully I was in town. Front door won't unlock with a remote, I had to use back door to open front door last time I did that was ,,,,never ,,,Current issue, I heard a hamming sound from the dashboard, it actually felt like some one was mowing grass, honestly I rolled down my window to check. They said it was at the back of the radio unit and they took out the whole unit including gps. Guess what I am driving, a car with a big hole on my dashboard,,that could be ok but I feel it is not reliable. Better spend ur hard earned money on reliable car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*