2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Trial and error car

2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Trial and error car
By greeneyedraven on

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first foreign car we have purchased. We chose it based on statistics and very affordable price. We have owned it over 2 years and while a good car, not overly impressed. Still giving it time to see what happens. I have yet to get the gas mileage reviews quote. I average 22-26 mpg.

Roomy, plenty of trunk space. Warranty is great. Waiting to see down the road if it is honored or if I get tossed aside on some technicality in fine print.

Climate and radio volume controls can drive me crazy some days. The volume jumps between 4-5 too much. I am ALWAYS CLEANING THE WINDSHIELD. Reminds me of a leak in the heater core on old cars. Carpet is thin and cheap. Car has always pulled to the right. At the dealership ...."drift is normal". Not sure if transmission is slipping or breaks catching. But no smooth deceleration. Jerky. Trunk weatherstripping came unglued the first month. Door handle fell apart at 26 months- warranty did fix it promptly. Apparently another design flaw....so expect others to fall apart as well in the future
By rkraig
on 03/18/12 20:25 PM (PDT)

I also have this car and i commute about 70 miles/day 35miles both ways and i have to say, millage is not this vehicles strong sales point. I'm right there with you around 22-26mpg. We have the 15 & 91 and when people drive down there, if you do the typical 65mph you will get slammed into by CHP or some other car behind you, so you end up constantly doing between 70 & 75mph so i'm not impressed with the millage, in a perfect world 22-32, but almost never even close. You would think they would take the average of each city & highway, but they must have picked the average for city driving and then the high for freeway driving at probably 60mph.