Used 2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Most Helpful|
Hankook Tires
By Bob

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, fun to drive. The main problem are the Hankook tires as they wore out in less than 1 year. Only 18,000 miles on car and now I need to spend $600.00 for new tires. hankook tires would NOT even pro-rata tires. Avoid these tires, absolute JUNK!

Faulty Brakes
By pas7

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Sonata that i owned. The first was a 2007 and the brakes and rotors needed changing at 45000 miles, at the first service the tech said that the brakes would not release, warantee work cost $75. When I got the next one a 2010 I was told that the brake system was corrected, now at 22000 miles I had to change the pads and rotors. LAST HYUNDAI I WILL OWN. Pads and rotors from Amazon cost $88 Delivered. The h... with the dealer.

Here's hoping
By federale46

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car since March of 2010, and most of the time, it is trouble free, but there are quirks that make me think of turning it in. I commute 82 miles a day, and have 61K on the car. Everything was fine for the first 30k miles. Then, it developed a problem with the fuel tank where it wouldn't take gas, and this took the dealer a month to resolve. Then, the transmission started thumping. The dealer did a reset twice and replaced the fluid, but the thumping started again at 59K. The dealer says they will replace the transmission if they find the condition again, but the problem is that the thumping comes and goes, and when its time to take it to the dealer, the thumping stops.

Favorite Features

The car is pleasant looking enough, and I am still on the original brake pads. The fuel economy is pretty good. The power is more than adequate.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable fuel system, better transmission, use of standard fluids like trans fluid and coolant.

My first Hyundai - A Great Automobile.
By dlp6

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car handles well in all weather conditions. Comfortable to drive. Good visibility. Lots of room when rear seats folded down. Car has good balance, low tire wear. I have 128,000 km on rear tires and don't have to change them yet. Front tires changed at 115,000 km. No problems from new - One warranty issue to have transmission re-programmed - solved rough shifting that had developed. Quiet on both city roads and highway. Dash is great, easy to read, and controls very accessible. Almost feels like a full size car inside. Have purchased 2013 Sonata GLS and have kept 2010 as a second car. Very reliable.

Favorite Features

2010 had some design changes from prior yrs, Good looking auto. Good steering and braking. Lots of room in front and back seats for tall people. Rear seats fold down and yield large storage area. Trunk has easy access for larger items.

Suggested Improvements

Seat bottoms a little soft for sport model. Firmer seating would be a plus. Could use stiffer springs on doors. If park on a slight grade doors have a tendency to not stay open fully and close on you when you are trying to enter or exit car. No other improvements suggested.

Love it!
By mtck95

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2008 Mazda Tribute for the 2010 Hyundai Sonata. I wanted something with better gas mileage and a better interior design- I found it! I love my Sonata and do not feel like I lost much interior space going from the small SUV to a sedan. I ended up with a cheaper payment, better gas mileage, and a vehicle that I believe will be more reliable long-term. It handles well and is fun to drive! I'm very happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Interior design and the standard features that aren't standard on other models. The trunk is large, so I'm still able to hold everything I could in my SUV.

Suggested Improvements

At times there seems to be excessive wind noise in the cabin.