Used 2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Sonota Odor
By vin

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I purchased my 2010 Sonota I was told that a chemical odor in the car was associated with a metal protector applied to a new engine at the factory and it would burn off shortly after driving it awhile. After a year, the odor did not go away. In that year, I brought the car back to the dealer on several occasions to complain about it. The dealer acknowledged the smell was present and tried to remove the odor once by cleaning the car. They admitted they could not remove the odor. Except for odor, the car has been great (just like my previous Sonota). Unfortunately, I no longer recommend buying Hyundai cars. Hyundai does not stand behind their product after they make the sale.

Do not sell cars the have offensive odors!

Why you might consider Sonata 2010
By Gary

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you are tight on cash and need to save those $2000 but don't want to buy a second hand car. I mean $2000 could buy you 2 years of gas. I will only compare this one to 2008 Accord and 2006 Camry because i have driven them both. The driver's seat is not as firm, steering is not as nimble and car has a floaty feel to it. Suspension is not as tight. The dashboard plastic crackles once in a while. The mileage is great, controls are easy and well placed. I saved $2000 on similarly equipped Camry and accord.

Great car
By pat

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The ride on a long trip is great! I've made 2 long trips (over 2000 miles each) My first trip I averaged 34 mpg and the second trip only 32.5. On good pavement the car is very quiet at 70 mile per hour. On some pavement at that speed there is an annoying sound. In town the mileage is only 22-24. The ride is soft and comfortable both on a long trip and in the city. In the city at slower speed the car is very quiet.

Gas mileage soft comfortable ride quietness of the ride

outside temp gauge

2010 Preowned Former Rental - GREAT DEAL
By Atomx71

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It isn't often that I buy a car new off the lot. I saw this 2010 in the preowned area and inquired. It was a former rental which at first most people balk at when seen. I will say that I will never buy a used car that WASN'T a rental first. It was immaculate, like new and had 30,000 miles on it. The dealer had all the maintenance records and CARFAX report on-site. The rental company changed the oil every 3,000 miles and did all manufacturer recommended maintenance religiously. I have had the Sonata a week now and it drives wonderfully. The handling is fine for a car of its size. Also, Hyundai allows the transfer of the 10/100,000 to another owner; so I still have 30,000 miles left to go.BRAVO

The safety features. An entire encapsulating set of airbags sealed the deal for my son and I. The stereo system was also great with the XM/CD/iPod 2.5 mm/USM jack was a great feature. Sleek and stylish, I really enjoy driving this car.

I can only suggest a few things. 1) Auto-headlights (standard), Power seats (driver, standard), and climate control with ext. temp (standard). These features would make the Sonata a clear and present danger to the competition.

A True Road Warrior
By Ron

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have been following the improving Hyundai quality and value stats for several years. When we needed a daily driver, we decided on the Sonata GLS PZEV. It is not a sprinter but in the passing range of 60 - 85 it is quite surprising! My wife puts 120K+ miles per day on the car in high speed traffic. The safety features were paramount as well as the handling and mileage. With well over 30K miles, no problems and averaging over 28 mpg at speed, we are extremely pleased. The Dealership is better than my MB group. The styling is vanilla, but that is great given the number of speed traps on her route. Bluetooth and XM rounded out the package for her. She comes home with a smile on her face

Overall Build Quality, Safety Package, Stability Control, Powertrain Compatability, Paint Quality, Hands Free Bluetooth, XM Radio and Dealer. We will probably trade our E320 MB for a Genesis next time around.

None really. If I were to nitpick I would say only a small tweak in the suspension for even more spirited driving. Although in a defensive driving course, on the track it handled all of the obstacles / situations with ease.