Used 2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

2010 Preowned Former Rental - GREAT DEAL
By Atomx71

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It isn't often that I buy a car new off the lot. I saw this 2010 in the preowned area and inquired. It was a former rental which at first most people balk at when seen. I will say that I will never buy a used car that WASN'T a rental first. It was immaculate, like new and had 30,000 miles on it. The dealer had all the maintenance records and CARFAX report on-site. The rental company changed the oil every 3,000 miles and did all manufacturer recommended maintenance religiously. I have had the Sonata a week now and it drives wonderfully. The handling is fine for a car of its size. Also, Hyundai allows the transfer of the 10/100,000 to another owner; so I still have 30,000 miles left to go.BRAVO

The safety features. An entire encapsulating set of airbags sealed the deal for my son and I. The stereo system was also great with the XM/CD/iPod 2.5 mm/USM jack was a great feature. Sleek and stylish, I really enjoy driving this car.

I can only suggest a few things. 1) Auto-headlights (standard), Power seats (driver, standard), and climate control with ext. temp (standard). These features would make the Sonata a clear and present danger to the competition.

A True Road Warrior
By Ron

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have been following the improving Hyundai quality and value stats for several years. When we needed a daily driver, we decided on the Sonata GLS PZEV. It is not a sprinter but in the passing range of 60 - 85 it is quite surprising! My wife puts 120K+ miles per day on the car in high speed traffic. The safety features were paramount as well as the handling and mileage. With well over 30K miles, no problems and averaging over 28 mpg at speed, we are extremely pleased. The Dealership is better than my MB group. The styling is vanilla, but that is great given the number of speed traps on her route. Bluetooth and XM rounded out the package for her. She comes home with a smile on her face

Overall Build Quality, Safety Package, Stability Control, Powertrain Compatability, Paint Quality, Hands Free Bluetooth, XM Radio and Dealer. We will probably trade our E320 MB for a Genesis next time around.

None really. If I were to nitpick I would say only a small tweak in the suspension for even more spirited driving. Although in a defensive driving course, on the track it handled all of the obstacles / situations with ease.

Replaced my '99 with a 2010 and LOVE IT!
By JLR97321

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a '99 Sonata GLS prior to this one. It was a VERY reliable car for 10 years and 138,000 miles so I looked at the new model. WOW, I'm impressed. Even my new husband, an old school gear head, loves driving it. I won't say how fast my husband has had this car going, but the speedometer limit is not wishful thinking. The Sonata has a very roomy interior and all the comfort we love but the zippiness of the car still allows us to have fun. Have put 4500 miles on it in 3 months and not even a minor defect yet. On a recent long distance trip we got 32 mpg (and I do NOT drive slow). I average 24-25 on combined highway/city driving.

Dual Climate Controls, USB MP3 Player, Heated Seats, Responsiveness of the V6, Quality, Trip computer and the solid feel.

Seat position memory, larger gas tank, the plastic front grill is kind of cheesy (already has a rock ding).

So far It Rocks!
By Silvaflight

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Well this is my first Hyundai and we bought it on a total whim!! The salesman was great and the car rides and performs like none other I have owned. Love the performance of the V6 and the handling of the car. Also the size of the trunk is great. If this is how all Hyundais are I am a Hyundai guy for life!

XM Radio,V6,Overall ride of the car! Styling of the car.

On the elec Driver's seat they should allow a higher adjustment of the thigh support.

reliable but
By Keith

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A good reliable car although I only have 9000 miles on it. Excellent gas mileage. I have a problem with my alarm going off in hot weather for no reason - anybody know of this problem and a solution. The carpets don't fit right - not cut correctly in driver's foot well or in trunk. Nice exterior finish but I already have more chips out of it than my 10 year old Volvo - hidden warranties?

Excellent gas mileage. Reliable.

Carpets don't fit. Exterior finish too easily chipped.