2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Happy so far
By Lou on 02/13/10 15:08 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

1800 miles in 6 weeks. 4 things I would like to see:softer ride,less road noise especially on uneven roads,softer(more cushiony) leather seats & folding side view mirrors. Controls easy to work. Navigation system easier than Toyota. Priced right. It looks like a winner.

It does everything well
By Brian on 02/12/10 19:48 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After leasing my first four new cars (all GM), I settled on buying and truly evaluated a lot of options in the midsize category, foreign and domestic. I was sold on the Sonata from the first test drive. I've driven 2,600 miles so far, and here's my conclusion: it's a car that isn't exceptional in any one area, but does just about everything well. It feels solid and well built inside and out, offers a great blend of power and fuel economy (no worries about highway merging/passing), holds a lot of cargo and offers great value for the money. Not to mention the fantastic warranty. Hyundai has a real winner here.

Impressive Car
By Westfordian on 02/08/10 09:13 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought early January with 5000$ discount from MSRP. (paid 15K with Camry trade in). SE really made for commuter who looks for better handling with good comfort. This is not really sports edition, but good for drivers who commutes highway and local roads every day. SE shows good grip with responsive handling and smooth ride. Comparison with 2002 Camry, this is the better car with great handling, quite cabin and better ride. Brakes is much better than Camry and MPG is almost same as Camry. Ride is a pleasure than Camry's dull boring ride. Have driven 1400 miles now and have been really satisfied with the car. Hyundai made a long way to the quality and performance.

Love this car!!!
By Matt on 02/06/10 19:01 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for just over a month now. It is my first new car in 10 years. I love the way it handles and the V6 power is just right. The limited has so many features included that you pay for in other models. I love the sound system (upgraded with the Limited package).

What a surprise
By Mike Z. on 02/03/10 10:33 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

You think you would be hesitant with a name like Hyundai. Don't be fooled. After you take a test drive your going to love this car. I just purchased my Sonata Limited and already I know I made the right choice. After my niece saw my car the next day she visited the Hyundai dealer. You get the feeling of a solid built car with all the goodies. Thanks Hyundai for introducing me to a well built car. I'll follow up with another review after my first 500 miles

Time to pull the Trigger!
By Bartman on 01/29/10 19:29 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Been looking at the Sonata since it's redesign in 2006 but the Interior Revamp they did in 2009 sealed the deal. My '96 Saturn was now on it's last legs and finally last week I had to pull the trigger 'cause I didn't want to spend any more on repairs. I had also seen the pics of the 2011 Sonata due out later this year and just considered it too flashy for my tastes and decided to grab a 2010 while I could. The $3000 discount helped too since they only gave me $500 for the Saturn which will be immediately sent to Auction. The bottom line is I got a Std GLS with everything already included that I wanted for the last 3 years. I'm glad I did my homework and Edmunds helped.

A Lot of Car For The Money
By Mike Budget on 01/22/10 20:00 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After a pleasant ownership experience with our 2007 Tucson, we traded for this Sonata after researching all the sedans in this general price range. This car offers plenty for the budget buyer, and rivals the usual suspects in MPG, options and quality. I saw the design of the 2011 model and it definitely turned me off. Way too angular and edgy, IMHO. This Sonata, to me, at a glance reminds me of one of my favorite cars, the Toyota Avalon. There is plenty of room inside, a HUGE trunk, and a peppy (if not tire-squealing)4cyl that seems to just sip gas. I wish the headlights did not have such a marked line between the light and dark, and the speedometer needs to be redesigned.Overall, great car.

2nd Sonata
By JAL on 01/20/10 10:35 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had an '06 Sonata and loved it. Unfortunately it was totaled in a wreck. I came out of the wreck with only an abrasion on my wrist from the air bag going off. I didn't even test drive another car. Bought a '10 Sonata and love the improvements from the '06. The added subtle chrome on the exterior (limited model) and the redesigned interior is awesome. I owned a Honda before my '06 Sonata, what an over-rated vehicle. The fit, finish and overall quality was poor (it felt & looked cheap). The fit, finish and quality of the Sonata is second to none. Hyundai has come a long since they first came to the US. Remember the first Honda's and Toyota's? I think my Sonata has a lot of class.

our third hyundai
By fishcop on 01/19/10 09:31 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After looking at the accord and Camry we again bought a Hyundai. this our third hyundai and as a someone with a family who is middle class I really cant see buying anything else. This car is fully loaded with navigation, voice command, sunroof, xm stereo, etc. A comparably equipped toyota or honda was priced over 5k more. After two weeks we have been very pleased!!

AWSOME
By savitels on 01/12/10 20:10 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All I can say is this is a great car...I had a nissan sentra before my Sonata and it is like I'm gliding on the road instead of feeling every bump.I'm very happy with my car its nice and roomy and good on mileage and it runs great!! Thank you Hyundai,you are Awesome!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*