2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Camry Killer This Car Stops
By roadturtle on 05/11/10 10:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove the Toyota's Camry. However it cost $ 6000 more, and it's reputation has taken a lot of hits lately.. This is the first time in a long time I walked away without buying a Camry. This car has truly surpassed Camry. It has Every safety feature, air bags, traction controls, side airbags etc. I get 27 mpg around town. Great brakes. This car stops. Easy to get in and out of this car. Almost everything is standard. XM radio, comfortable seats, plenty of room, enormous trunk. We love this car. The best Sonata so far, and getting the car at dealer invoice, and a $ 2500 rebate just made it sweeter.

perfect for starting a family
By pickle55chevy on 05/11/10 03:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

me and my wife recently bought a Sonata and we both love it its comfortable and reliable.our daughter loves makeing messes in it but it is definatly big enought to get the gold fish out on a quick fast and hurry standard for the first new car that dad has owned.roomyness was the key with this car meaning we could put the stroller 2 million bags that baby needed and then mom and dads one shared army duffle bag in the trunk. the acceleration is great and this mid size will definatly keep up and leave thoese tailgateing mustang gts. trust me i have done it. the braking is very reassuring especially when it comes to you or the garage door. and its fun to drive. more fun then my last sports car

happy camper
By american mike on 05/08/10 06:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

great car for the price,paid 18k cash but was able to barter in many upgrades in power options and protection package etc... have 500 miles on it and very pleased so far. I was very skeptical about hyundai,dont be!even with gm employee discounts and rebates they beat malibu's price and I like the sonata better. built in u.s.a. hurray!

Never thought I'd be driving a Hyndai!
By Mrs. Outlaw on 04/26/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

But I am and proud of it! I had a 1998 neon that I bout used, I decided to treat myself to a new car. I had totally settled on the 2010 Altima. I was at the dealership looked across and saw the Sonata. Boy am I glad I did. This car is great, my husband would never be caught dead in my neon, now I can't keep him out of my Hyundai. The price was great and the 0% finance was on time. Needless to say my first new car buying experience was great thanks to Hyundai. I got the slate blue and I receive daily compliments on how immaculate the paint jobs is. I'm still stuck up not letting anyone eat or drink a thing in my car. Owned it 7 weeks now and have not a regret! Go Hyundai!

A lot of car for the price
By Chris on 04/24/10 00:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive fifty mile to work one way. This car is fuel efficient, comfortable and reliable. Suspension sounds loose, but performs nice. There is a lot of car for the price.

Best car I ever drove
By Joshua on 03/25/10 12:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase Hondas and Acuras all my life. Had bad experience with transmissions with my Accord and Odyssey. I had to replace transmissions four times. when I complained and didn't want to pay, they gave me a nasty attitude. I told them I will never buy Hondas again. they didn't care. When time came I did test drive many different cars but fell in love with the Sonata. It was perfect for me. I never thought in million years I would buy a Hyundai. I have it for a week now and still in love. Great price and mileage. up to 29 MPG mixed driving.

Camry Killer @ $15K
By Bob A. on 03/09/10 21:38 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The manual transmission has a learning curve for the "Hyundai" clutch bite. But all is well given the necessary muscle memory to produce clean first and second gear shifts. Pedals seem close together and not power adjustable here. Tilt wheel, not telescoping. Nice seat height handle. The ride is smooth and quiet if not cream puff. The engine is refined and willing. The interior is both big and expensive looking with a quality fit and finish. Although the door lock button feels cheap as a light weight plastic. There is a big trunk with a split fold down rear seat. We are still above 1/2 a tank with 250 miles showing. The XM radio has spoiled us and our livingroom Lazyboy misses us.

Excellent car for the Money!!
By Susan on 02/28/10 16:22 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had owned a Hyundai Sonata 2007 but unfortunately totaled my car in an accident in December. I just loved that car and my heart broke! I didn't have to think twice about what car I would get. I went straight to Atlantic Hyundai and purchased another Sonata 2010. I got a terrific price, $2500 off. The interior of the car has improved and the sound system is great. It feels solid when you drive it and gives a smooth ride. The features on the steering wheel are great too and have improved from the 2007 models. It feels like a sturdier car. I LOVE IT!!!

Great Midsize Car for the Price
By Paradise_City on 02/22/10 09:41 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have this car less than a month. Very nice ride when the road is not too bumpy, the designers should travel on Pennsylvania roads to fine tune the suspension. Superior interior design, & comfortable seating. Gas mileage seems to be 26-27MPG so far. Overall I'm pleased. Got a good price with a $2500 rebate and a $1000 rebate with my 07 Toyota Corolla trade in. Interior very roomy.

Hyundai quality
By Hector on 02/17/10 11:41 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I like the quality expressed in the "feel" of the car. The SE 6 cylinder engine is very responsive. The transmission is fun specially with the manual feature. The radio sounds excellent. The seats are comfortable. This is a good quality car, solid.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Sonata in WA is:

$157 per month*