Used 2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Trial and error car
By greeneyedraven

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first foreign car we have purchased. We chose it based on statistics and very affordable price. We have owned it over 2 years and while a good car, not overly impressed. Still giving it time to see what happens. I have yet to get the gas mileage reviews quote. I average 22-26 mpg.

Roomy, plenty of trunk space. Warranty is great. Waiting to see down the road if it is honored or if I get tossed aside on some technicality in fine print.

Climate and radio volume controls can drive me crazy some days. The volume jumps between 4-5 too much. I am ALWAYS CLEANING THE WINDSHIELD. Reminds me of a leak in the heater core on old cars. Carpet is thin and cheap. Car has always pulled to the right. At the dealership ...."drift is normal". Not sure if transmission is slipping or breaks catching. But no smooth deceleration. Jerky. Trunk weatherstripping came unglued the first month. Door handle fell apart at 26 months- warranty did fix it promptly. Apparently another design flaw....so expect others to fall apart as well in the future

Excellent car!!!!
By kytim

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I now have 17, 000 miles on my Sonata. It is a great performer. I have owned Honda's, Nissan's, Chevy's and Mazda's in the past. The Hyundai's quality, ride and performance is equal and better than the competitors(in my opinion). I rent cars to save miles and I always enjoy coming home to my Sonata!!!

The car is loaded with plenty of standard features. Gas mileage is better than expected.

The model was changed for 2011. I might not call the new model 'improved'. I like the modest style of the 2010.

Fantastic GLS!!
By pkteacher01

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this 2010 vehicle recently and I have absolutely no complaings. I am use to driving a mini-van and love the comforts of the size, storage, and power. Due to gas costs I looked for a smaller vehicle with the comfort of a minivan and one that I could afford. I absolutely love this car. This car has so much power to be a 4 cylinder and the gas mileage is fantastic. The technology and comfort is amazing. This even has cruise control--on a standard! Rides like a dream, quiet, and even on bumpy roads it is smooth. I love my car and you will too!

interior, power, comfort, price, and gas mileage

none

Love it!
By mtck95

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2008 Mazda Tribute for the 2010 Hyundai Sonata. I wanted something with better gas mileage and a better interior design- I found it! I love my Sonata and do not feel like I lost much interior space going from the small SUV to a sedan. I ended up with a cheaper payment, better gas mileage, and a vehicle that I believe will be more reliable long-term. It handles well and is fun to drive! I'm very happy with my purchase.

Interior design and the standard features that aren't standard on other models. The trunk is large, so I'm still able to hold everything I could in my SUV.

At times there seems to be excessive wind noise in the cabin.

Lovin it
By Jim

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased for the mpg and it has not disappointed. Quiet, comfortable on my 80 round trip everyday. A bigger fuel tank and much better mileage than my old Buick. A little buzzy at 75+ mph but I shouldn't be driving that fast anyway.

The MPG