2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
2010 Preowned Former Rental - GREAT DEAL
By Atomx71 on 08/27/10 11:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It isn't often that I buy a car new off the lot. I saw this 2010 in the preowned area and inquired. It was a former rental which at first most people balk at when seen. I will say that I will never buy a used car that WASN'T a rental first. It was immaculate, like new and had 30,000 miles on it. The dealer had all the maintenance records and CARFAX report on-site. The rental company changed the oil every 3,000 miles and did all manufacturer recommended maintenance religiously. I have had the Sonata a week now and it drives wonderfully. The handling is fine for a car of its size. Also, Hyundai allows the transfer of the 10/100,000 to another owner; so I still have 30,000 miles left to go.BRAVO

A True Road Warrior
By Ron on 08/26/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have been following the improving Hyundai quality and value stats for several years. When we needed a daily driver, we decided on the Sonata GLS PZEV. It is not a sprinter but in the passing range of 60 - 85 it is quite surprising! My wife puts 120K+ miles per day on the car in high speed traffic. The safety features were paramount as well as the handling and mileage. With well over 30K miles, no problems and averaging over 28 mpg at speed, we are extremely pleased. The Dealership is better than my MB group. The styling is vanilla, but that is great given the number of speed traps on her route. Bluetooth and XM rounded out the package for her. She comes home with a smile on her face

Replaced my '99 with a 2010 and LOVE IT!
By JLR97321 on 07/19/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a '99 Sonata GLS prior to this one. It was a VERY reliable car for 10 years and 138,000 miles so I looked at the new model. WOW, I'm impressed. Even my new husband, an old school gear head, loves driving it. I won't say how fast my husband has had this car going, but the speedometer limit is not wishful thinking. The Sonata has a very roomy interior and all the comfort we love but the zippiness of the car still allows us to have fun. Have put 4500 miles on it in 3 months and not even a minor defect yet. On a recent long distance trip we got 32 mpg (and I do NOT drive slow). I average 24-25 on combined highway/city driving.

So far It Rocks!
By Silvaflight on 07/18/10 17:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Well this is my first Hyundai and we bought it on a total whim!! The salesman was great and the car rides and performs like none other I have owned. Love the performance of the V6 and the handling of the car. Also the size of the trunk is great. If this is how all Hyundais are I am a Hyundai guy for life!

reliable but
By Keith on 07/07/10 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A good reliable car although I only have 9000 miles on it. Excellent gas mileage. I have a problem with my alarm going off in hot weather for no reason - anybody know of this problem and a solution. The carpets don't fit right - not cut correctly in driver's foot well or in trunk. Nice exterior finish but I already have more chips out of it than my 10 year old Volvo - hidden warranties?

Ford is the past!
By Pam on 06/18/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've driven Ford's for the past 25 years and I fell in love with the Taurus, however it had major engine, trans and elect. problems with poor warranties. I've had the Sonata 5 days now and need to get used to the stiff steering of the Sonata, the body style of 2010 is bland, but the interior rocks with the XM radio, auto sunroof and roomy design. Great price the the car including good warranty. .

Very nice car for the money
By ky on 06/09/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bough this car with 5100 less than invoice with the manufacturer rebate included. I like the color. It has some many luxury features. The only thing that I do not like is the gas mileage. It is supposed to make 22 mpg in the city, but does only 18.5 mpg. I have not tested in the highway. I especially like the fuel usage computer in the car. I am sure the heated front seats will come handy during cold winter months. The build quality is very good. It feels like an expensive car.

Nice car for the money
By paul on 06/08/10 15:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far no problems with the car. Drove it for 3 months and 3200 mi. It looks to me that ac should blow colder air but its not summer yet so we will see later. Getting only 25 mpg driving mostly on highway. The best I got was 28 mpg but I had to drive slow not exceeding 70 mph

Good car for the money - mostly
By L on 05/31/10 12:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for over two months and have taken two substantial trips with it, in addition to daily city driving. Plusses: fabulous pick- up; good performance; decent comfort; roomy; fairly smooth ride (especially when fully loaded with passengers); GREAT highway mileage -- my record so far: 38.4 mpg (single occupant, A/C, minimal luggage, flat topography, cruise control, 65-68 mph); Minuses: can't seem to fill tank up without the pump auto-shutting off at about 2/3 full; mysterious fresh petroleum odor from air-vents, especially when idling; confusing/ambiguous/redundant- looking A/C temp/fan controls; auto headlights don't seem to activate easily enough (e.g., when rainy, cloudy)

2010 GLS 4cyl
By Jess on 05/31/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just completed a 2000 mile trip to Kansas from Georgia. The car was very comfortable, handled the rough interstates well, averaged 33 mpg, and held all of our luggage easily. Car replaced a 2001 mini-van. We miss the room, but the car's performance far exceeds the trade-off for room.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*