2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Fantastic GLS!!
By pkteacher01 on 03/15/11 02:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this 2010 vehicle recently and I have absolutely no complaings. I am use to driving a mini-van and love the comforts of the size, storage, and power. Due to gas costs I looked for a smaller vehicle with the comfort of a minivan and one that I could afford. I absolutely love this car. This car has so much power to be a 4 cylinder and the gas mileage is fantastic. The technology and comfort is amazing. This even has cruise control--on a standard! Rides like a dream, quiet, and even on bumpy roads it is smooth. I love my car and you will too!

Love it!
By mtck95 on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2008 Mazda Tribute for the 2010 Hyundai Sonata. I wanted something with better gas mileage and a better interior design- I found it! I love my Sonata and do not feel like I lost much interior space going from the small SUV to a sedan. I ended up with a cheaper payment, better gas mileage, and a vehicle that I believe will be more reliable long-term. It handles well and is fun to drive! I'm very happy with my purchase.

Car Failed At High Speeds
By Mary on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Sonata has been great for the 8 months I owned it until last week. While driving at 65 mph on a highway, the car died, completely shut down. Nothing I could do but wait to be hit from behind, which I was. The dealer inspected the car and told me the battery cable connection was very loose which probably caused the problem. The car lost its power connection. Today I learned that this may have been a dealer error as the car battery is charged just prior to turning it over to the buyer, and no maintenance on the car in these 8 months would have involved doing anything to this cable. Dealer won't take any responsibility. Another case of screwing the consumer. I could have been killed.

Lovin it
By Jim on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased for the mpg and it has not disappointed. Quiet, comfortable on my 80 round trip everyday. A bigger fuel tank and much better mileage than my old Buick. A little buzzy at 75+ mph but I shouldn't be driving that fast anyway.

Hankook Tires
By Bob on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, fun to drive. The main problem are the Hankook tires as they wore out in less than 1 year. Only 18,000 miles on car and now I need to spend $600.00 for new tires. hankook tires would NOT even pro-rata tires. Avoid these tires, absolute JUNK!

My New Car
By Hyundai made in USA on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car, luxury for me compared to what I am used to. Fuel millage better than I thought I would get, XM radio a plus, will keep until free time is up. Very comfortable, sight lines are excellent, sound system is great for a rock-n-roller,

Not So Bad After All
By Lonnie on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had my heart set on a 2010 Kia Forte EX, but due to financing issues I got the Hyundai Sonata, and I must admit I'm completely BLOWN AWAY! The Sonata I got was a former rental so it was well taken care of and the price was amazing! I did really good going up Interstate 5, it handles very well, but can be a little shaky on tight turns. The interior is nice and has plenty of room for my daughters infant seat in the back seat, and it has a HUGE trunk. I love that it comes standard with all the bells and whistles that are optional on other brands (ie. XM radio, CD/MP3, air conditioning, power locks and windows). Overall not a bad buy. I really like my Sonata! Great car for HWY driving.

Sonota Odor
By vin on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I purchased my 2010 Sonota I was told that a chemical odor in the car was associated with a metal protector applied to a new engine at the factory and it would burn off shortly after driving it awhile. After a year, the odor did not go away. In that year, I brought the car back to the dealer on several occasions to complain about it. The dealer acknowledged the smell was present and tried to remove the odor once by cleaning the car. They admitted they could not remove the odor. Except for odor, the car has been great (just like my previous Sonota). Unfortunately, I no longer recommend buying Hyundai cars. Hyundai does not stand behind their product after they make the sale.

Why you might consider Sonata 2010
By Gary on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you are tight on cash and need to save those $2000 but don't want to buy a second hand car. I mean $2000 could buy you 2 years of gas. I will only compare this one to 2008 Accord and 2006 Camry because i have driven them both. The driver's seat is not as firm, steering is not as nimble and car has a floaty feel to it. Suspension is not as tight. The dashboard plastic crackles once in a while. The mileage is great, controls are easy and well placed. I saved $2000 on similarly equipped Camry and accord.

Great car
By pat on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The ride on a long trip is great! I've made 2 long trips (over 2000 miles each) My first trip I averaged 34 mpg and the second trip only 32.5. On good pavement the car is very quiet at 70 mile per hour. On some pavement at that speed there is an annoying sound. In town the mileage is only 22-24. The ride is soft and comfortable both on a long trip and in the city. In the city at slower speed the car is very quiet.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*