Used 2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Door Handles
By yorkies5

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2010 Hyundai Sonata and it sucks. 3 of the car door handles have broken off in the last month. They will not pay for them. I have read other reviews and this is a on going problem. Hyundai tried to say they haven't heard of this before. But I guess they haven't read the reviews. I will never buy another on. my son has a 2008 and he has had many other problems. Alternator is only one of the problems he has had with him.

Take care of your customers. And fix the door handle problems

Poor Quality Car
By ra123

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The mileage of the car will drop significantly. The door handles will snap in cold temperatures and will not be covered and will cost the consumer dearly

Nothing except leg and head room

Entire Quality

perfect sales rep. vehicle
By hantover

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Sonata new 2 1/2 years ago. Currently have 94,000 miles on her. High miles due to my profession as a sales rep. covering 5 states. Only one problem was a check engine light at around 40K - dealer said it was some problem with the fuel cap. No problems since. Routinely get 32 mpg highway. I have owned 32 cars since 1977. This one and Honda Accords have been the best for ride, comfort, gas mileage, and reliability. Left the sales rep. job 8 months ago, so I won't be driving the usual 50K per year. I intend to keep this one for another 10 years.

Comfortable seats XM Radio Gas Mileage Responsive engine and transmission Original Michelin tires got 75k miles before needing to be replaced.

Faulty Brakes
By pas7

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Sonata that i owned. The first was a 2007 and the brakes and rotors needed changing at 45000 miles, at the first service the tech said that the brakes would not release, warantee work cost $75. When I got the next one a 2010 I was told that the brake system was corrected, now at 22000 miles I had to change the pads and rotors. LAST HYUNDAI I WILL OWN. Pads and rotors from Amazon cost $88 Delivered. The h... with the dealer.

Good car, with caveats
By bdbarth1

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in December 2009. Two years and 44,000 miles later, I've got mixed feelings. I commute 65 miles per day (90% hwy) and routinely achieve 33-34 mpg. It's large, comfortable and has been largely trouble-free except for a repainted hood (flaking paint) at 30K and a transmission failure at 39K. Both repairs were covered under warranty. The rebuilt transmission they've installed seems fine, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the car's future. That being said, a new transmission at 39K doesn't give me much confidence. I'm very meticulous on maintenance, so I'm hopeful that'll pay off.

Roomy, comfortable, conveniently located switchgear on dash, remote audio controls, trunk space, strong performance from a 4-cylinder.

On the whole, the Sonata has been a good car for me, even with the issues I've mentioned. I'd like to see more attention paid to quality control issues, since problems with paint and transmissions seem common on these cars. Hyundai mechanics insist rebuilt transmissions are solid and that I should be able to achieve 200K on this car without problems; I'm optimistic and am hoping I can still do that.

• SUV