2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
My first Hyundai - A Great Automobile.
By dlp6 on 12/27/13 11:38 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car handles well in all weather conditions. Comfortable to drive. Good visibility. Lots of room when rear seats folded down. Car has good balance, low tire wear. I have 128,000 km on rear tires and don't have to change them yet. Front tires changed at 115,000 km. No problems from new - One warranty issue to have transmission re-programmed - solved rough shifting that had developed. Quiet on both city roads and highway. Dash is great, easy to read, and controls very accessible. Almost feels like a full size car inside. Have purchased 2013 Sonata GLS and have kept 2010 as a second car. Very reliable.

Here's hoping
By federale46 on 04/28/13 11:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car since March of 2010, and most of the time, it is trouble free, but there are quirks that make me think of turning it in. I commute 82 miles a day, and have 61K on the car. Everything was fine for the first 30k miles. Then, it developed a problem with the fuel tank where it wouldn't take gas, and this took the dealer a month to resolve. Then, the transmission started thumping. The dealer did a reset twice and replaced the fluid, but the thumping started again at 59K. The dealer says they will replace the transmission if they find the condition again, but the problem is that the thumping comes and goes, and when its time to take it to the dealer, the thumping stops.

perfect sales rep. vehicle
By hantover on 12/01/12 13:09 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Sonata new 2 1/2 years ago. Currently have 94,000 miles on her. High miles due to my profession as a sales rep. covering 5 states. Only one problem was a check engine light at around 40K - dealer said it was some problem with the fuel cap. No problems since. Routinely get 32 mpg highway. I have owned 32 cars since 1977. This one and Honda Accords have been the best for ride, comfort, gas mileage, and reliability. Left the sales rep. job 8 months ago, so I won't be driving the usual 50K per year. I intend to keep this one for another 10 years.

Excellent car!!!!
By kytim on 09/15/11 06:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I now have 17, 000 miles on my Sonata. It is a great performer. I have owned Honda's, Nissan's, Chevy's and Mazda's in the past. The Hyundai's quality, ride and performance is equal and better than the competitors(in my opinion). I rent cars to save miles and I always enjoy coming home to my Sonata!!!

Car Failed At High Speeds
By Mary on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Sonata has been great for the 8 months I owned it until last week. While driving at 65 mph on a highway, the car died, completely shut down. Nothing I could do but wait to be hit from behind, which I was. The dealer inspected the car and told me the battery cable connection was very loose which probably caused the problem. The car lost its power connection. Today I learned that this may have been a dealer error as the car battery is charged just prior to turning it over to the buyer, and no maintenance on the car in these 8 months would have involved doing anything to this cable. Dealer won't take any responsibility. Another case of screwing the consumer. I could have been killed.

A True Road Warrior
By Ron on 08/26/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have been following the improving Hyundai quality and value stats for several years. When we needed a daily driver, we decided on the Sonata GLS PZEV. It is not a sprinter but in the passing range of 60 - 85 it is quite surprising! My wife puts 120K+ miles per day on the car in high speed traffic. The safety features were paramount as well as the handling and mileage. With well over 30K miles, no problems and averaging over 28 mpg at speed, we are extremely pleased. The Dealership is better than my MB group. The styling is vanilla, but that is great given the number of speed traps on her route. Bluetooth and XM rounded out the package for her. She comes home with a smile on her face

happy camper
By american mike on 05/08/10 06:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

great car for the price,paid 18k cash but was able to barter in many upgrades in power options and protection package etc... have 500 miles on it and very pleased so far. I was very skeptical about hyundai,dont be!even with gm employee discounts and rebates they beat malibu's price and I like the sonata better. built in u.s.a. hurray!

Great Midsize Car for the Price
By Paradise_City on 02/22/10 09:41 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have this car less than a month. Very nice ride when the road is not too bumpy, the designers should travel on Pennsylvania roads to fine tune the suspension. Superior interior design, & comfortable seating. Gas mileage seems to be 26-27MPG so far. Overall I'm pleased. Got a good price with a $2500 rebate and a $1000 rebate with my 07 Toyota Corolla trade in. Interior very roomy.

Great Value
By Mike on 11/15/09 18:20 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 2200 miles, I am very satisfied with this car. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power for my needs. Fuel economy is impressive for a car its size, 27-29 MPG, mixed driving, in an area with a lot of hills. Very comfortable, great legoom in the back seat for the kids. I will typically keep a car over 100k miles, so low lifetime cost of ownership is a big factor. The 2.4 liter engine has a timing chain, so there are no expensive TB canges to worry about. Auto transmission service interval up to 100k mi.

A Great Choice For Your $
By Sean on 10/31/09 06:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

1 week owned. Researched for over a year and finally bit the bullet. Never thought I'd buy foreign, let alone Hyundai. Looked for '09 but none left. Wife fell in love when we test drove. The trunk is huge. Interior is great, especially gauges at night. Standard sound system has 6 speakers and free XM (3 mos). Plenty of storage. 4cyl has great pick up. Childseat is a breeze to install with 3 point anchor brackets. Still on original tank of gas from dealer and we've been out everyday in it. Dealer even threw in dinner and heated seats. $1,000 rebate didnt hurt. Clearly beats Fusion and Accord on price and options for the $. Best overall value for your money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*