2010 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
My first Hyundai - A Great Automobile.
By dlp6 on 12/27/13 11:38 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car handles well in all weather conditions. Comfortable to drive. Good visibility. Lots of room when rear seats folded down. Car has good balance, low tire wear. I have 128,000 km on rear tires and don't have to change them yet. Front tires changed at 115,000 km. No problems from new - One warranty issue to have transmission re-programmed - solved rough shifting that had developed. Quiet on both city roads and highway. Dash is great, easy to read, and controls very accessible. Almost feels like a full size car inside. Have purchased 2013 Sonata GLS and have kept 2010 as a second car. Very reliable.

Broken door handle, door lock, fuel cap and counting..
By raka1212 on 10/26/13 11:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was excited initially with the value of the car but after four years I am now wondering. First problem I had was with engine light code 442, went to dealer two times but they keep claiming it is a loose fuel cap issue. I am making sure the cap is tight after every fill and even changed cap with new oem cap still this issue is persistent. Then I had one remote door lock issue which was fixed with a new lock. Now I have one broken door handle. When I searched about door handle, it was surprised to know that it is a known issue with this car as the door handles are made of cheap plastic not metal like other car and easily breaks. Not sure if I will consider Hyundai brand again.

Here's hoping
By federale46 on 04/28/13 11:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car since March of 2010, and most of the time, it is trouble free, but there are quirks that make me think of turning it in. I commute 82 miles a day, and have 61K on the car. Everything was fine for the first 30k miles. Then, it developed a problem with the fuel tank where it wouldn't take gas, and this took the dealer a month to resolve. Then, the transmission started thumping. The dealer did a reset twice and replaced the fluid, but the thumping started again at 59K. The dealer says they will replace the transmission if they find the condition again, but the problem is that the thumping comes and goes, and when its time to take it to the dealer, the thumping stops.

Door Handles
By yorkies5 on 03/12/13 11:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2010 Hyundai Sonata and it sucks. 3 of the car door handles have broken off in the last month. They will not pay for them. I have read other reviews and this is a on going problem. Hyundai tried to say they haven't heard of this before. But I guess they haven't read the reviews. I will never buy another on. my son has a 2008 and he has had many other problems. Alternator is only one of the problems he has had with him.

Poor Quality Car
By ra123 on 02/05/13 19:03 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The mileage of the car will drop significantly. The door handles will snap in cold temperatures and will not be covered and will cost the consumer dearly

perfect sales rep. vehicle
By hantover on 12/01/12 13:09 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Sonata new 2 1/2 years ago. Currently have 94,000 miles on her. High miles due to my profession as a sales rep. covering 5 states. Only one problem was a check engine light at around 40K - dealer said it was some problem with the fuel cap. No problems since. Routinely get 32 mpg highway. I have owned 32 cars since 1977. This one and Honda Accords have been the best for ride, comfort, gas mileage, and reliability. Left the sales rep. job 8 months ago, so I won't be driving the usual 50K per year. I intend to keep this one for another 10 years.

Faulty Brakes
By pas7 on 09/26/12 19:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Sonata that i owned. The first was a 2007 and the brakes and rotors needed changing at 45000 miles, at the first service the tech said that the brakes would not release, warantee work cost $75. When I got the next one a 2010 I was told that the brake system was corrected, now at 22000 miles I had to change the pads and rotors. LAST HYUNDAI I WILL OWN. Pads and rotors from Amazon cost $88 Delivered. The h... with the dealer.

Good car, with caveats
By bdbarth1 on 11/21/11 16:49 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in December 2009. Two years and 44,000 miles later, I've got mixed feelings. I commute 65 miles per day (90% hwy) and routinely achieve 33-34 mpg. It's large, comfortable and has been largely trouble-free except for a repainted hood (flaking paint) at 30K and a transmission failure at 39K. Both repairs were covered under warranty. The rebuilt transmission they've installed seems fine, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the car's future. That being said, a new transmission at 39K doesn't give me much confidence. I'm very meticulous on maintenance, so I'm hopeful that'll pay off.

Trial and error car
By greeneyedraven on 10/17/11 11:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first foreign car we have purchased. We chose it based on statistics and very affordable price. We have owned it over 2 years and while a good car, not overly impressed. Still giving it time to see what happens. I have yet to get the gas mileage reviews quote. I average 22-26 mpg.

Excellent car!!!!
By kytim on 09/15/11 06:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I now have 17, 000 miles on my Sonata. It is a great performer. I have owned Honda's, Nissan's, Chevy's and Mazda's in the past. The Hyundai's quality, ride and performance is equal and better than the competitors(in my opinion). I rent cars to save miles and I always enjoy coming home to my Sonata!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*