Still love my Sonata
By paul145 on
2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
My Sonata Limited V6 has more than 30K and I love it - I have had literally zero problems with it. I commute 30 miles each way through rainy and sometimes icy Pacific Northwest mountain passes and it is a champ. Great acceleration when I need it, excellent mpg (30 mpg highway), handles very well and it can comfortably seat four large adults. My wife and I took it on a 1,000-mile trip down Highway 1 in Washington and Oregon and it was a fun drive.
Favorite Features
The V^ and I am sorry to hear Hyundai phased it out in newer models of the Sonata. It is a real work horse and gives you the extra acceleration when you need it. I have read some people complaining it is choppy but I have never experienced that. Also love the easy to read dashboard controls, the leather seats that are holding up very well and the very smooth cruise control. I commute pretty far distances and also enjoy the nice radio, CD and XM Radio.
Suggested Improvements
I have not yet figured out the trip counter but that is probably just me. I also don't link the inside trunk opener, which is awkward (I just use the electronic click on my key ring instead). Also the coat hanger design in the back seat could be improved. But these are all very minor complaints. This is easily the best car I have ever owned. I enjoy driving it every day.