2009 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Another solid performer in it'

2009 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

2009 Hyundai Sonata

Limited V6 Sedan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Another solid performer in it's class
By SevenBizzos on

2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After owning an Elantra for 125k miles with no issues (until it met a guardrail), we moved up in class and picked up the Sonata Limited V6.
So far, it's been an excellent choice.

Our MPG has ranged from 33 on a highway trip with 100% fuel, to 23 that was mostly suburban traffic with E10 winter blend.
I think that's a fair number considering the engine displacement and size of the vehicle.

The all leather interior is quite comfortable. The premiun Iinfinity sound system is excellent for being OEM. The handling is very nice and the cornering is average. Acceleration is more than adequate and I have yet to fully open the engine up. Controls from the steering wheel are nice. A lot of areas for storage that are convienent work well too. So far, maintanence has been easy. Oil changes are about the easiest I've ever seen.

As with our Elantra, the transmission shifting is weird and rough. It's inconsistant and makes funny noises. I'm not sure why Hyundai's are like this. The stock Hankooks are poor and need replacing quickly. We'll be in a new set by 30k and I'm actually happy about it. Getting the stock garage door opener to work correctly was frustrating. I just gave up.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review