2009 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: 3 years, 3 transmissions

2009 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

3 years, 3 transmissions
By lbcsd on

2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2009 Sonata in August 2008 and am at 58,000 miles am on my 3rd transmission. My car has been in the shop 6 times since purchase, 3 times for over a week. I got a lemon! Hyundai corporate has been horrible to work with not helping the situation one bit! I had to search for a dealership that would provide a rental car without me having to pay. I have contact Hyundai with each repair and have received little to no responses. I am researching lemon law rights, but think I am out of luck unless I need one more transmission - which might happen! This is the first and last Hyundai I will purchase!

Body style and comfort of car

Just make sure the car runs properly. Customer service could be improved at the consumer affairs/corporate level. They act like it's my fault I got a lemon!
By tache
on 04/06/12 18:41 PM (PDT)

what exactly hapened with your transmissions? mine developed a hard shift around 40 km/h, but only when the transmission is cold