Used 2009 Hyundai Sonata SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Hyundai Sonata Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Great value
By theofile

2009 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just finished a 6K mile trip out west. The car performed great. Got between 28 and 37 MPG. The 28 was doing a steady 81 with AC. The 37 was doing around 55. Couldn't have asked for more of 175 horses. I enjoyed the trip. The car was quiet, and we enjoyed the radio and music using a memory stick.

Can't say I really had any favorite features. We enjoyed the quietness, comfort and fuel economy. I typically get around 29-30 mpg at home in mixed driving.

The stick shift could use some improvement - a little smoother. Add more available features to stick models.

Surprised by Hyundai
By ITSbigeyes

2009 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Hyundai Sonata really surprised me; the ride is fun. I have a 2009 sedan 4 cyl. It is a beautiful green color. I previously owned a 2005 Honda Accord 6 cyl. auto. which was loaded. Unlike the Honda, I do not see one at every light. The feel and drive of the car is excellent. I cannot tell the difference in the drive of the Hyundai and the Honda Accord. I am averaging close to 30 miles on open highway. it take curves the same as a Honda, which is great. It drives drives great. I am looking forward to taking it to South Carolina.