2008 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Warranty is not as good as I t

2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Warranty is not as good as I thought
By Ed on

2008 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car seemed OK and when I drove it for a while I got home and looked under the hood. Most of the fluids where not at the proper level. I topped them myself rather than drive 40 miles back. The engine luggs at 40 MPH when in top gear. Suspension handles bumps in a way that feels odd like the tires are bouncing over the bumps. The dealer claims an oil change is needed every 3000 miles and the company backs this up but when I first got the car they said 3000 only for severe use. Now they say everything in the US is severe. I had 2 mechanical problems with a tire pressure detector malfunction and a brake problem. Their "best warranty" did not cover anything.

The car looks nice and gets reasonable mileage. The trunk is big.

Install a gauge to indicate when a oil change is needed. Put platinum plugs in all vehicles. Better warranty. Reasonable maintenance intervals. Seems the dealer pushes services not needed. The dealer maintenance schedule is different from the manual. They gave me an '07 manual for my '08 car.