Pretty good
By fannibal on
2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Bought the car because of the value, safety, and warranty. It has been good so far, but my mileage has bee low, hovering around 21mpg with mixed city and highway driving(my 4 cyl 1.8L manual 1998 corolla had 30mpg with similar commute). I have had the car for more than 3 years now, and had only 2 minor problems which were covered under warranty- driver's side visor came down and didn't go back up. fixed in 1 day. 2nd problem was a ESC controller which was broken- my "ESC off" light was constantly on. this was fixed in about 1 week. my dealer provided a free loaner during this time. I am overall very happy with my car. The problems the car did have were fixed under warranty.
Favorite Features
good quality stereo, quiet smooth ride. I feel safe in the car- it has ESC, which has kicked in during snowy/wet road conditions. suspension is a little unrefined though.
Suggested Improvements
the newer generation sonatas have better handling and acceleration. I do prefer all wheel drive options. I plan on buying a subaru in the future because they have more solid engineered cars with all wheel drive.