2008 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: It's just a reliable car...

2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Limited V6 Sedan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

It's just a reliable car...
By meathead1986 on

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in May after having to get rid of my baby(1996 nissan 240sx). Overall it is a great vehicle but there are reasons for my non 5 star review.
First I have a fully loaded platinum edition and there was no nav installed. That's a huge ding for me (Hyundai seems to have fixed this with new models). Second the paintis EXTREMELY thin so when you get a door ding it takes off every layer of paint. and the whole exterior of the car seems like they went and raided other manufacturers parts bins to throw it together... it has a little of every brand in it if you pay attention. having said that it is a great car and it does what it's built to do. And I would reccomend it.

It has a powerful V6 which is nice, almost perfect driver positioning, handles more like a family car with softer suspension, HUGE trunk (It's a grocery getter), I have the Infinity sound and it is AMAZING, turning radius is more than adequate, for a V6 it gets very good fuel mileage, The car is extremely quiet on the highway which is a first for me. It's very nice not hearing a bunch of road noise (in ND no less) This car would be a PERFECT starter car for teens (in the 4cyl model).

they seemed to have fixed alot of this with newer models but here goes: 1). for me the suspension is softer than I like (its great for the family aspect but i love being able to drive fast on my own :) 2). The paint- its great until you get a door ding. Then every layer of is comes off... never seen this until I bought this vehicle 3). No nav... I explained this above 4). some of the interior pieces do seem very cheaply made. For a fully loaded Platinum Edition I expected much better quality. I do take extremely good care of my vehicles though so this shouldnt be a problem. 5). I'm still on the dealers oil change w/ convent. oil but it seems to get dirty quick... more to come on this

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review