2008 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
2008 Sonata GSL V6 3.3L
By Genetyper on 03/15/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 30k miles on it and have driven it about 2k miles. I love this car. Getting onto the highway is stress-free because this car can "get-up-and-go" when you put your foot into it. Its got some "nut" which I like in a car. Its quiet and smooth. I like the sunroof and the ample room of the interior. Its comfortable and an ease to drive. Gas mileage is about 31 highway (or more) and 19 town. I can't speak for long term reliability but it purrs like a kitten and is nearly soundless at idle, no engine noises or "clickings". Performance for a mid- sized 4 door family car like this is not common.

My "Korean Kamry"
By MY "KOREAN KAMRY" on 02/23/09 20:39 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car because I was looking for an affordable ride which would offer economy, reliability and still offer that "high class" I used to get while driving my Lexus. I found all that plus more in my base 2008 Sonata GLS. It comes standard with all of the safety features that come as options in a Camry XLE

Squeaks & Groans!
By burt on 02/21/09 08:02 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is built very cheaply. The interior plastic surfaces squeak, and the front suspension has a really annoying squeak/rattle. The interior lights don't come on when you remove the ignition key. The switches on the door (lock/unlock, windows, etc.) are not illuminated. The ignition key ring taps against the dash board when driving. The Infinity sound system's subwoofer is mounted in the cardboard deck behind the rear seats and creates an annoying distortion even at low volume.

We have three, yes three, Hyundais
By miketoncola on 01/04/09 16:35 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We like Hyundai products so well we began buying one each year them in 2006, currently owning two Limited models Azeras we drive for total luxury and comfort and a third standard transmission Sonata I drive back in NY as my Summer toy, and we appreciate and enjoy each one!

Toyonda Who?
By DrDrewOSU on 12/27/08 23:13 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Check out the Sonata, I love mine and I am very glad about my decision to purchase it. And I don't say that lightly. I'm a 12 out of ten when it comes to being particular about my vehicle. See it for yourself, I think you will be impressed. Azera and Genesis here I come!

gas guzzler
By Chuck on 12/22/08 16:27 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable. I purchase the car for the size. It in between the other cars. Good handling in the snow. The gas mileage is the worst I could imagine. 14 mpg around town. What a let down. I had them check it out and they said it was ok. Very disappointed.

Great Value
By JSD on 12/16/08 15:23 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Like many other posters, for a long time I wouldn't even have considered owning a Hyundai. However, my fiance has had two and had great experiences with both, so I gave them a shot. This car is wonderful. Not only does it perform as well as the big competitors from Honda and Toyota, but it does so at a much lower price. This car has been everything I expected and more. Hyundai cannot be beat for reliability, quality, and value.

I love my car!
By Mary on 12/05/08 14:07 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is reliable and I feel safe in it. I have the peace of mind of the 10 year bumper to bumper warranty. I take my car on trips and enjoy driving - something I never really did before, and the stability control is a God-send when driving in the winter.

Rattle and Roll
By Shoddy Sonata on 11/29/08 14:56 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car has been driven 3200 miles and developed many creaks and groans in the front windshield area when driving across bumps and road imperfections. Ignition key design is such that key ring slaps constantly against dash board when driving, very annoying!

Great Car
By VLH on 11/20/08 08:08 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

First new (used) car I ever had. I travel 28 mi a day to/from work and have only used 1/2 tank of gas! Just sold a loaded Lincoln and don't miss the luxuries as the Sonata has the most important features for pleasure, elect.windows, and cd/radio.comfortable, roomy interior,sleek looks, less elect.gadgets to worry about and cont.warranty bumper to bumper. Wanted a Camry, got an equal and saved a lot!