Used 2008 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Master Cylender
By colorado18

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

i was having trouble getting fluid to the brakes. I had it looked at by 2 people was told its the master cylender. Dealer ship ignored me the first time i took in in and said i should get my brakes replaced. I did what they said and the issue was still there. I had to tell them again that the master cylender is not pumping fluid to the brakes. They argued with me and i got so angry with them i will never buy another hyundai again. They do not deserve my money. After they looked at the car and come to find out the master cylender was broken like i said. The worst customer service ever and i dont recomment hyundai to anyone.

None

tires, brakes, and interior most of it is all plastic that brakes too easy. stop being to damn cheap.

Rear brakes burned out
By emlod

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The rear brakes burned out at 18K and they made me pay for it. They said the slider corroded. I said I brought the car in for regular maintenance. Why should that happen? They blamed me for not requesting it. A call to corporate did no good, so I ended up paying. The tires wore out at 36K, Michelins and they were rotated. The steel wheels all rusted and I saw the same thing on other Hyundai's. The care is practical but about as bland to drive as you can get. The interior looks cheap to me with a very plastic look. Dealer service where I bought it has been poor so I go to an independant garage.

The transmission lugs at 40 MPH

The car vibrates at 60-65.

Don't use inflate a tire

Decent gas milage in the 4 cylinder. Large trunk. Good rear leg room

Improve transmission so it doesn't lug at 40 MPH. Use better tires. Use durable paint on the steel wheels. Correct the problem with rear brakes.

Throttle
By Hyundai Owner

2008 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Good Fuel economy, Nice ride, Good performance. However, I had my Throttle stick, I had it back to the dealer and they fixed it that day. It was explained to us that it was a computer chip that went bad.

Washing and waxing the vehicle takes no time. cleans up nice

Computer, electronics. I believe more testing may need done.

It's not as good as everyone says
By Passing

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

They have made improvements in last few years but as far the over all quality goes it is still not at par with Toyotas and Hondas. I bought it after reading good reviews and due to standard safety features, but after driving 35k my car started to give vibration issues. Dealership put it on 4-cylinder engine, but it was same before 35K, so not sure how come all of sudden engine started to give less power, that too after all regular services being performed on time. They(dealer) are least bothered to look into it and tried to put it as if it is normal, but I have driven enough cars to know it is not normal. They even got me to do services which are not required till 70-80K.

Roomy interior.

Hyundai should seriously look into this vibration issue, Toyota got its reputation because of worry free driving for long time.

Best car i ever drove
By chrismartin1701

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

What can i say? this car is awesome! normally i go crazy for the classic American muscle cars, but i'm happy with this one. use it as a daily driver to and from college and i also use it as my general aid and rescue vehicle for the Ballston Spa Volunteer Fire station. in all, its fun to drive, powerful V6, responsive, comfortable, stylish, and just plain awesome.

would have to say the 6 disc CD/MP3 player and the infinity sound system.

more cup holders and more AC/DC outlets. plus an available V8 should also be a option for those who want luxury and white knuckle, tire burning performance at an affordable price.