2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Great Car
By luisruvi on 09/01/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very solid car, and all problems since I've owned it have been taken care of free of charge. They were only minor. Sagging mirror, but likely due to a cd case hanging on it. Dead battery. Seat issue. I even got a free rental for two of the fixes. I have been really happy so far with the car. Very spacey and quiet. And even though it is cheaper than most other cars, looks more expensive in some areas compared to others I have looked at.

Bad Hyundai Quality
By Bad Car on 07/06/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Sonata, the brakes are gone after less than 18K miles of very light driving; the dealer said that they are not part of the so much advertised hyundai warranty; too bad they said. Hey, brakes that do not even last 18K, is this hyundai's quality? It seems so; I wonder what else will be braking soon. I will never, ever buy a hyundai again, and I advise against buying one. Yes, they are a little cheaper than the Japanese cars, but so much worse! My wife has a Japanese car for over 6 years, over 60K, not a single problem with it! Keep away from hyundai. And, yes, their service, at least here in Henrietta, NY is terrible.

Warranty is not as good as I thought
By Ed on 06/29/09 22:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car seemed OK and when I drove it for a while I got home and looked under the hood. Most of the fluids where not at the proper level. I topped them myself rather than drive 40 miles back. The engine luggs at 40 MPH when in top gear. Suspension handles bumps in a way that feels odd like the tires are bouncing over the bumps. The dealer claims an oil change is needed every 3000 miles and the company backs this up but when I first got the car they said 3000 only for severe use. Now they say everything in the US is severe. I had 2 mechanical problems with a tire pressure detector malfunction and a brake problem. Their "best warranty" did not cover anything.

Perfect car!
By mfunk on 06/21/09 08:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After researching and test driving Honda Accords, Toyota Camrys, and finally the Sonata Limited, it was clear that for the money, I was able to get luxury with the Sonata that I wouldn't get with other 2. We have always driven Hondas (7 to date) and my husband was skeptical about going with a Sonata. However, I made the decision to get the Sonata and once the dealer agreed to my terms.....no $$ down, zero percent interest, and payments under $300 for the Limited, its was a done deal. I love driving the car and it's super comfortable on road trips. The only negative to say is that the side door molding loosened and had to be replaced and the driver's side visor has had to be replaced.

Why buy Honda or Toyota?
By Mark C. on 06/10/09 20:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Short and simple... This car is outstanding. I may not have scored it very high in comparison to other reviews, but I'm rating it on a scale in comparison to other cars I've owned. I have highly recommended this car to others! I purchased it new for 6k less than a 4 cylinder accord ex-l. It is quieter than our acura tl and rides much more comfortable - especially on long trips. No rattles or issues whatsoever. The 4 cylinder is fairly slow but I bought it for the gas mileage. I can get right at 30 mpg if I keep it under 70 mph. I drive mostly interstate commute. (I check it at the pump and not just by the computer.)

Darn Good Car
By John on 05/26/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Sonata after renting a few on business trips and was very impressed with the car. The 6 has all kinds of get up and go and smooth... This car is very quiet at 70 mph and fairly nimble when doing evasive maneuvers. A lot of bang for the buck and even better reliability. Mine nw has 32000 miles at 15 months of age and has never been in the shop for repairs. I think it blows away the competition as far as price performance and comfort. Yeah, I'd buy another one.

25000 miles no problems
By 25000 miles on 05/23/09 15:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

One year plus 25000 miles totally problem free. I usually keep a car about 1 year but this is my first keeper. Still love it and still get a lot oo enjoyment driving it. Only has had routine oil changes and tire rotation and still looks and drives like the day I bought it. Looked at Totota Mazda Nisson and made the right choice.

Duh!
By VolsFan on 05/03/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced a 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS with the 2008 Sonata Limited V6 and LOVE IT! I've had it about 16 months now and am 100% satisfied. I, like others, was a little cautious of buying a Hyundai but have zero regrets. I really wanted a Prius when I started looking but the price was in the stratosphere and figured it would take 5+ years to make up the difference in gas. I looked at the Avalon's and Camry's but just couldn't justify the HUGE price difference. The interior design and quality is not on par with the Avalon, but is nearly as good as the Camry. It was all the bundled features: V6, traction and stability control, safety features, Infinity audio, and creature comforts that sold me.

Very good car for my needs.
By EdmontonHyundai on 03/19/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for about ten months now, and it has been excellent, good mileage, no mechanical issues, it's my first Hyundai, so I wasn't exactly sure of what to expect, very satisfied. I live in Canada, and unfortunately, the 4 cylinder cars don't have traction control or stability control? not sure about this, standard on all cars in the states, come on Hyundai, we're the ones who really need these features! So, I'd be sure to get those features in my next one/or if I could start over, as winter traction could certainly have been better. Otherwise he car has been great, drive lots, runs great, could have an oil life monitor, more headroom, and a power passenger seat, next car will.

Great Mix of Value, Quality and Styling
By Chuck in VA on 03/17/09 06:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Sonata was not on my original list of cars - I was looking at a Civic hybrid or Accord. But, the fuel mileage, styling and warranty made me take a closer look. The final factor was a $3,000 rebate. I saved several thousand dollars over what I thought I'd have to spend to get a high quality, stylish sedan. Having owned it for a full year now, I can honestly say I am 100% satisfied with the car - mileage in the 27-28 range, zero service or mechanical issuesi. I/m really glad I chose the Hyundai. Can't wait to trade it up for a new Genisis in a couple of years!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.