Used 2008 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Throttle
By Hyundai Owner

2008 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Good Fuel economy, Nice ride, Good performance. However, I had my Throttle stick, I had it back to the dealer and they fixed it that day. It was explained to us that it was a computer chip that went bad.

Washing and waxing the vehicle takes no time. cleans up nice

Computer, electronics. I believe more testing may need done.

It's not as good as everyone says
By Passing

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

They have made improvements in last few years but as far the over all quality goes it is still not at par with Toyotas and Hondas. I bought it after reading good reviews and due to standard safety features, but after driving 35k my car started to give vibration issues. Dealership put it on 4-cylinder engine, but it was same before 35K, so not sure how come all of sudden engine started to give less power, that too after all regular services being performed on time. They(dealer) are least bothered to look into it and tried to put it as if it is normal, but I have driven enough cars to know it is not normal. They even got me to do services which are not required till 70-80K.

Roomy interior.

Hyundai should seriously look into this vibration issue, Toyota got its reputation because of worry free driving for long time.

Best car i ever drove
By chrismartin1701

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

What can i say? this car is awesome! normally i go crazy for the classic American muscle cars, but i'm happy with this one. use it as a daily driver to and from college and i also use it as my general aid and rescue vehicle for the Ballston Spa Volunteer Fire station. in all, its fun to drive, powerful V6, responsive, comfortable, stylish, and just plain awesome.

would have to say the 6 disc CD/MP3 player and the infinity sound system.

more cup holders and more AC/DC outlets. plus an available V8 should also be a option for those who want luxury and white knuckle, tire burning performance at an affordable price.

Reliable car with nick nack problems
By Hoosier Sonata

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Sonata on Dec 24,2007 after doing several hrs. of internet reviews on reliability, fuel efficiency and overall results. We now have 31,000 miles on this car. Has been an okay car. No serious problems. Both of our sun visors had to be replaced because they would not stay up. We do not keep anything on them to have caused this. Now our strut for the trunk lid has broken and this will have to go back for repairs. Seats are very uncomfortable on 9+ hrs. road trip. They are too short and we are only 5'7.

Auto down for driver window.Auto Stick, especially in winter to start car in 2nd gear for traction.

Better radio. Better controls on steering wheel.More comfortable seats. Buy a 2011 Sonata.

Beautiful Car
By SouthDakotaGuy

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used at a really good price. I was impressed with its handling on the road. The only problem is the ESC is worthless in mud and snow. I live in South Dakota and I find it to be a great car on the highway and in town, but would not recommend it off road. This car has great gas mileage and starts up wonderful.

The Satellite radio and the nice ride on the road!

The noise is not as bad, as it handles great. Would suggest a better suspension for the rear.