Used 2008 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Check it Out!!
By Dennis

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car right after Christmas. I looked at the sonata in and out. This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The power of the v-6 is awesome! Inside is so quiet you can't even hear the engine running. The infinety sound system is the best sounding stereo I've ever had in a car. Also the heated leather seats came in Handy this winter. I have gotten many compliments on the style of the car. Some people think it's a Lexus or Mercedes. The gas mileage is not bad either. I get about 26 mpg combo city and interstate driving. I highly recommend anyone to test drive the sonata. I think they'll be sold like I was.

Favorite Features

V-6 power, infinity sound system, comfort, XM radio, auto temp control, heated leather seats, regular gas for the engine, style, standard safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly better gas mileage, lighted trip computer switches for nighttime, better fit and finish at front bumpers.

Excellent Car
By John

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have really enjoyed my Sonata. Ride, performance, comfort are excellent. MPG is around 28.

Favorite Features

MP3 Stereo

Half year follow-up since purchase 1/31
By Recommend

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wrote my original review 2/09/08. 34yr old buyer. After 5 mos. of ownership I'm still very happy w/ my purchase. I have the dark cherry red with color matched door handles, blk leather interior. Sharp looks,rides beautifully. It is roomy; 4 adults and a car seat with room to spare. Huge trunk. Great mileage. Good power. My only 'regret' is not getting the V6 (NOTE:the 4 cyl is NO SLOUCH!) I got my loaded 2008 Ltd off the showroom floor for $18.5K plus tax/title. I do like the new 2009 interior more + the improved HP and 1 mpg better for the 2009. Were I not so picky, there would be scarcely a chance to criticize or compare my 2008. No buyer's remorse on day 1.Still happy after 5 months.

Favorite Features

I like the spaciousness. I prefer the front grille on my 2008 to the 2009. The BIG trunk is awesome. Fit and finish are great. I didn't read the manual; I found a new gadget on each drive.It's loaded w/ features I didn't expect. 5 disk CD changer was a surprise.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly stiffer suspension. More Hp for the 4 cylinder, more up to date dashboard (the 2009 meets responds to my whole wish list -- except the front grille which is better on 2008). I like the opening in the rear center seat of Volvos which lets you load long items in the trunk like a fishing rod.

I love our hyundai
By john

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Hyundai. It is not quite as frugal on gas as my Chevy cavalier was but much more comfortable to drive and a lot more power and luxery inside. Rented one to drive from Dallas, tx to ca on vacation and was so impressed with it we went out and bought one the same month we got back. For the money it is a great buy. We love the built in XM radio and 6 disc cd player. So far no complaints with it. But have several with dealer.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

cant think of any off hand

Great Car
By Anonymous

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first time to own a Hyundai. I was enticed by the hefty rebate Hyundai was offering until June 2 (3K off). I have always been a Honda owner, except for the one impulse buy of a Jeep Grand Cherokee- which was a bad mistake. I have been very happy with my Sonata thus far. I often get it confused with the Accord if they are parked closely. I have a very basic model and am loving it. I like to take corners fast and it is possible in this car! I would like to have more features, but after owning a totally "loaded" car and everything being controlled by a computer chip that went bad, have a simple, no frills car is just enough for me. And, who can turn down the incredible warranty?

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if there was a temperature gauge inside and a compass.