2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
2008 Hyundai Sonata SE
By Gary on 11/09/07 13:49 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 4th Hyundai I have owned (we bought the Entourage last year which is great). I have to say after owning Fords and Hondas, this Hyundai Sonata has exceeded my expectations over the other manufacturers. You just can't consider Hyundai as a stereotypical 'cheap' quality vehicle. The ride is smooth and the V6 engine provides ample power (234 HP). The interior design shows quality and there are safety features galore. In addition, the gas mileage is reasonable. From past experience, I have had virtually no problems with defects, etc. compared to other makes I have owned. The Hyundai warranty is the proof in the pudding. I will not buy from another car manufacturer.

best car ever
By great car on 10/25/07 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i did the research and Hyundai has improved in quality and reliabilty every year . Move over Toyota

My New 2008 Sonata
By Bill on 10/14/07 17:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After extensive research,I decided to buy a 2008 Sonata. When comparing it to the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, I decided that the Sonata offered more bang for the buck. While not as stylish as the Accord and Camry, it doesn't have the aura that car thiefs relish. I selected the Limited with the 3.3L V6. The acceleration is good and the CVT is flawless. Ride is firm when necessary and feels cushy on the highway. Road noise is average, but cabin comfort is fantastic. The fit and finish are superb and the Infinity sound system with the rear window mounted subwooofer is impressive. Its my first Hyundai and I have to say that the history of driver and magazine reviews were accurate.

first hyundai, nothing but praises
By Pat on 09/26/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Hyundai since I have always been skeptical about buying the Hyundai brand. After extensive research, I settled with the Sonata GLS. I haven't had too many miles yet since I have only gotten it. The car feels comfortable and everything feels just fine. It's comparable to other Accord, Civic, Maxima that I have/had owned or better. A few things are missing (AUX inlet, steeling wheel mounted radio control etc) but they are not the show stoppers. The good things are it comes with the exceptional warranty (others are copying it too), ESC, all kinds of airbags. Another good selling point is, you can knock off quite a bit from the price. This is impossible for other comparable cars

best car ever
By brillo on 08/30/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

had a 2002 camry le.this car is 10 times better to drive ,better ride ,better breaks.best car i ever had.most fun to drive

Much more car than one expects.
By KarenM on 08/27/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Sharp looking car. The interior is incredibly comfortable and supportive. The seats adjust to fit you perfectly. As I am a taller driver, leg room and head room are important. My two boys are also quite tall and they have PLENTY of leg room in the back. I went from an 8 year old smaller SUV to this car and so far, have been very, very impressed. It's quiet, smooth and a pleasure to drive. The trunk gives me as much room as my SUV did. I can hit Sam's Club and the grocery store, plus have room leftover. Try it when you are shopping. Research is great, but you have to drive your top picks to make a good decision. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

EXCELLENT
By CLAW on 08/26/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car is well made, looks great and drives extremely well. Hyundai has come along way. I drove many new cars while shopping for a new vehicle, nothing compared to the Sonata. Great car....

Great except for 1 rattle
By Minou on 08/05/07 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got my '08 GL (Canadian model) manual transmission in late June. Car has been great so far except for a rear parcel shelf rattle that I can't get rid of. It is comfortable, smooth riding, roomy and peppy with the manual. The engine is very easy to stall with the manual though. Mileage is also good. Wind noise is fairly noticeable even at normal speeds. Big car feel for a very good price. Overall, I bought a drab but well equipped and competent intermediate for the price of a compact with a good waranty to boot in case of issues.

great
By fred on 07/29/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

i love driving our new sonata. it has a smooth ride and plenty of powerv when you need it . i also like the new stle change

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.