2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Best car I've owned.
By sdemaris on 02/23/14 10:18 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 34,000 miles back in 2009. It has been nothing but solid for me for over 4 years of driving it. The maintenance I had was minimal. The alternator went out on me last summer which was 500 bucks to fix but I was told by the mechanic that this is a typical problem with newer cars when they get close to 100,000 miles. Other than that I've had no other problems with it other than typical maintenance. I'm currently at 90,000 miles on it and plan on keeping it for a few more years. The paint quality is not the best on the outside but all in all still rides like a dream on the highway. Fun car to drive too.

So thankful
By uraveragemom on 06/10/13 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

To put it simply, this car saved my son and my life. We were hit oncoming on the passenger side. Had this car not have been made with such durable materials and just all around a well crafted car, I don't even want to think about what might had happen. We both came out unscathed. Before this had happened, I loved my car. It was the first one I'd ever bought and I couldn't have been more happy with my purchase. It was roomy, the sound system was awesome. I bought it with 78,000 miles. Only replaced back brakes. The only thing I didn't like was the gas mileage but that's expected with a V6.

It's just a reliable car...
By meathead1986 on 06/28/12 06:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in May after having to get rid of my baby(1996 nissan 240sx). Overall it is a great vehicle but there are reasons for my non 5 star review. First I have a fully loaded platinum edition and there was no nav installed. That's a huge ding for me (Hyundai seems to have fixed this with new models). Second the paintis EXTREMELY thin so when you get a door ding it takes off every layer of paint. and the whole exterior of the car seems like they went and raided other manufacturers parts bins to throw it together... it has a little of every brand in it if you pay attention. having said that it is a great car and it does what it's built to do. And I would reccomend it.

Best car i ever drove
By chrismartin1701 on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

What can i say? this car is awesome! normally i go crazy for the classic American muscle cars, but i'm happy with this one. use it as a daily driver to and from college and i also use it as my general aid and rescue vehicle for the Ballston Spa Volunteer Fire station. in all, its fun to drive, powerful V6, responsive, comfortable, stylish, and just plain awesome.

Darn Good Car
By John on 05/26/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Sonata after renting a few on business trips and was very impressed with the car. The 6 has all kinds of get up and go and smooth... This car is very quiet at 70 mph and fairly nimble when doing evasive maneuvers. A lot of bang for the buck and even better reliability. Mine nw has 32000 miles at 15 months of age and has never been in the shop for repairs. I think it blows away the competition as far as price performance and comfort. Yeah, I'd buy another one.

Duh!
By VolsFan on 05/03/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced a 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS with the 2008 Sonata Limited V6 and LOVE IT! I've had it about 16 months now and am 100% satisfied. I, like others, was a little cautious of buying a Hyundai but have zero regrets. I really wanted a Prius when I started looking but the price was in the stratosphere and figured it would take 5+ years to make up the difference in gas. I looked at the Avalon's and Camry's but just couldn't justify the HUGE price difference. The interior design and quality is not on par with the Avalon, but is nearly as good as the Camry. It was all the bundled features: V6, traction and stability control, safety features, Infinity audio, and creature comforts that sold me.

Toyonda Who?
By DrDrewOSU on 12/27/08 23:13 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Check out the Sonata, I love mine and I am very glad about my decision to purchase it. And I don't say that lightly. I'm a 12 out of ten when it comes to being particular about my vehicle. See it for yourself, I think you will be impressed. Azera and Genesis here I come!

Great Value
By JSD on 12/16/08 15:23 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Like many other posters, for a long time I wouldn't even have considered owning a Hyundai. However, my fiance has had two and had great experiences with both, so I gave them a shot. This car is wonderful. Not only does it perform as well as the big competitors from Honda and Toyota, but it does so at a much lower price. This car has been everything I expected and more. Hyundai cannot be beat for reliability, quality, and value.

So far so good!!
By mee924 on 08/19/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased last week used, actually a rental. Still have balance of factory warranty. Like the comfort on the highway. Gas mileage nearly 30 seems good enough for the v6. Interior dash design is the lone dated item in my opinion, 09 addresses this. Cost was reason for my purchase as used was 5k less than 09.

Check it Out!!
By Dennis on 07/18/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car right after Christmas. I looked at the sonata in and out. This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The power of the v-6 is awesome! Inside is so quiet you can't even hear the engine running. The infinety sound system is the best sounding stereo I've ever had in a car. Also the heated leather seats came in Handy this winter. I have gotten many compliments on the style of the car. Some people think it's a Lexus or Mercedes. The gas mileage is not bad either. I get about 26 mpg combo city and interstate driving. I highly recommend anyone to test drive the sonata. I think they'll be sold like I was.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.