Used 2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Best car I've owned.
By sdemaris

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 34,000 miles back in 2009. It has been nothing but solid for me for over 4 years of driving it. The maintenance I had was minimal. The alternator went out on me last summer which was 500 bucks to fix but I was told by the mechanic that this is a typical problem with newer cars when they get close to 100,000 miles. Other than that I've had no other problems with it other than typical maintenance. I'm currently at 90,000 miles on it and plan on keeping it for a few more years. The paint quality is not the best on the outside but all in all still rides like a dream on the highway. Fun car to drive too.

Favorite Features

Easy to handle. Great sound system and 6 CD changer. Fun to drive. Great car for the price.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior paint seems to chip away easy.

So thankful
By uraveragemom

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

To put it simply, this car saved my son and my life. We were hit oncoming on the passenger side. Had this car not have been made with such durable materials and just all around a well crafted car, I don't even want to think about what might had happen. We both came out unscathed. Before this had happened, I loved my car. It was the first one I'd ever bought and I couldn't have been more happy with my purchase. It was roomy, the sound system was awesome. I bought it with 78,000 miles. Only replaced back brakes. The only thing I didn't like was the gas mileage but that's expected with a V6.

Favorite Features

Room, size, interior design, reliability, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

CD player got jammed a lot

It's just a reliable car...
By meathead1986

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in May after having to get rid of my baby(1996 nissan 240sx). Overall it is a great vehicle but there are reasons for my non 5 star review. First I have a fully loaded platinum edition and there was no nav installed. That's a huge ding for me (Hyundai seems to have fixed this with new models). Second the paintis EXTREMELY thin so when you get a door ding it takes off every layer of paint. and the whole exterior of the car seems like they went and raided other manufacturers parts bins to throw it together... it has a little of every brand in it if you pay attention. having said that it is a great car and it does what it's built to do. And I would reccomend it.

Favorite Features

It has a powerful V6 which is nice, almost perfect driver positioning, handles more like a family car with softer suspension, HUGE trunk (It's a grocery getter), I have the Infinity sound and it is AMAZING, turning radius is more than adequate, for a V6 it gets very good fuel mileage, The car is extremely quiet on the highway which is a first for me. It's very nice not hearing a bunch of road noise (in ND no less) This car would be a PERFECT starter car for teens (in the 4cyl model).

Suggested Improvements

they seemed to have fixed alot of this with newer models but here goes: 1). for me the suspension is softer than I like (its great for the family aspect but i love being able to drive fast on my own :) 2). The paint- its great until you get a door ding. Then every layer of is comes off... never seen this until I bought this vehicle 3). No nav... I explained this above 4). some of the interior pieces do seem very cheaply made. For a fully loaded Platinum Edition I expected much better quality. I do take extremely good care of my vehicles though so this shouldnt be a problem. 5). I'm still on the dealers oil change w/ convent. oil but it seems to get dirty quick... more to come on this

Best car i ever drove
By chrismartin1701

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

What can i say? this car is awesome! normally i go crazy for the classic American muscle cars, but i'm happy with this one. use it as a daily driver to and from college and i also use it as my general aid and rescue vehicle for the Ballston Spa Volunteer Fire station. in all, its fun to drive, powerful V6, responsive, comfortable, stylish, and just plain awesome.

Favorite Features

would have to say the 6 disc CD/MP3 player and the infinity sound system.

Suggested Improvements

more cup holders and more AC/DC outlets. plus an available V8 should also be a option for those who want luxury and white knuckle, tire burning performance at an affordable price.

Darn Good Car
By John

2008 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Sonata after renting a few on business trips and was very impressed with the car. The 6 has all kinds of get up and go and smooth... This car is very quiet at 70 mph and fairly nimble when doing evasive maneuvers. A lot of bang for the buck and even better reliability. Mine nw has 32000 miles at 15 months of age and has never been in the shop for repairs. I think it blows away the competition as far as price performance and comfort. Yeah, I'd buy another one.

Favorite Features

Climate control, Infinity audio, Leather and all the bells and whistles.

Suggested Improvements

A little better isolation between the suspension and the cabin of the car. Also the drivers seat needs improvement on the linkage. it has a tendency to knock a bit due to the power motor gearing when your body shifts in the seat.