2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
WORST HYUNDAI don't waist your money
By consummer on 07/09/14 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Slowly but surely, every bit of this car has broken, peeled, snapped or shattered from the day I drove it off the lot. Now I have only 1 outside door handle left and can't even get in my car. Yup... went to open the door when on my way to the doctors, and the handle just shattered (cheap plastic), and that's the 3rd one in a week. Paint is lifting or chipping, Brakes went out after 20K miles and not covered by warranty, Micheline Tires had to be changed after 30K (unheard off) also not covered, rearview mirrors have fallen twice, Inside door-handles just fell off, Sun visors snapped (both) and fell on my lap as I was driving (very dangerous) seat belts snap off...

Master Cylender
By colorado18 on 04/27/11 12:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

i was having trouble getting fluid to the brakes. I had it looked at by 2 people was told its the master cylender. Dealer ship ignored me the first time i took in in and said i should get my brakes replaced. I did what they said and the issue was still there. I had to tell them again that the master cylender is not pumping fluid to the brakes. They argued with me and i got so angry with them i will never buy another hyundai again. They do not deserve my money. After they looked at the car and come to find out the master cylender was broken like i said. The worst customer service ever and i dont recomment hyundai to anyone.

Great Car
By luisruvi on 09/01/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very solid car, and all problems since I've owned it have been taken care of free of charge. They were only minor. Sagging mirror, but likely due to a cd case hanging on it. Dead battery. Seat issue. I even got a free rental for two of the fixes. I have been really happy so far with the car. Very spacey and quiet. And even though it is cheaper than most other cars, looks more expensive in some areas compared to others I have looked at.

2008 Sonata GSL V6 3.3L
By Genetyper on 03/15/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 30k miles on it and have driven it about 2k miles. I love this car. Getting onto the highway is stress-free because this car can "get-up-and-go" when you put your foot into it. Its got some "nut" which I like in a car. Its quiet and smooth. I like the sunroof and the ample room of the interior. Its comfortable and an ease to drive. Gas mileage is about 31 highway (or more) and 19 town. I can't speak for long term reliability but it purrs like a kitten and is nearly soundless at idle, no engine noises or "clickings". Performance for a mid- sized 4 door family car like this is not common.

gas guzzler
By Chuck on 12/22/08 16:27 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable. I purchase the car for the size. It in between the other cars. Good handling in the snow. The gas mileage is the worst I could imagine. 14 mpg around town. What a let down. I had them check it out and they said it was ok. Very disappointed.

Rattle and Roll
By Shoddy Sonata on 11/29/08 14:56 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car has been driven 3200 miles and developed many creaks and groans in the front windshield area when driving across bumps and road imperfections. Ignition key design is such that key ring slaps constantly against dash board when driving, very annoying!

Very happy so far
By trex on 08/19/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car for about a month and put on approx. 1000 mi. Have gotten very good interstate mpg- about 28 @ 80 mph, about 31 mpg @ 70 mph. Rides quiet and nice, plenty of power for normal driving. Very roomy as well- we were considering a Fusion or Milan based on reputation, price, and mpg, but the Sonata met or exceeded those requirements with more room for (future) strollers, etc. I also own a 01 Sonata, and would without a doubt recommend Hyundai vehicles.

don't buy it
By green on 01/24/08 14:09 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this car for less than 2 months, and wanted to get rid of it everyday. There are several problems: (a) a lot of rattles on the front side of the car. This is ridiculous for a car with only 1500 miles, and says something about its build quality. (b) the infamous rear suspension problem seems not fixed even for this 2008 model. When I drive it at a imperfect road at 30-40 mph, I simply cannot bear it. I have to choose a longer route to work because of this problem. (c) when the oil tank is full, it makes noises, and the dealership told me that the cure is not to get a full tank. Will I buy a hyundai again? you bet not.

best car ever
By brillo on 08/30/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

had a 2002 camry le.this car is 10 times better to drive ,better ride ,better breaks.best car i ever had.most fun to drive

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.