Used 2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Good Value for the money.
By Lou

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my car used in 2009 with 9,000 miles, was a little concerned that it was traded in so quick but with the remainder of warranty left 4+ years and 50K bumper to bumper it was worth the gamble considering some new cars only give you 36K and 3 years. Initially bought car for wife for local driving, during the last 6 years the car has been virtually repair free, only used warranty to replace driver visor and no other issues. I have the V6 and when getting into the FWY's no issues plenty of zip and easy handling, just made a cross country run of 2,900+ miles and it ran better than expected, really didn't check mileage but it was probably around 30+MPG. I am 6'1" and around 230LBS considering it's size I felt I had adequate room driving 6+ hours a day. Getting ready to sell and it's almost worth half of what I paid and have 89K, overall I'd have to say it's a 4+ and a 5 for value.

WORST HYUNDAI don't waist your money
By consummer

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Slowly but surely, every bit of this car has broken, peeled, snapped or shattered from the day I drove it off the lot. Now I have only 1 outside door handle left and can't even get in my car. Yup... went to open the door when on my way to the doctors, and the handle just shattered (cheap plastic), and that's the 3rd one in a week. Paint is lifting or chipping, Brakes went out after 20K miles and not covered by warranty, Micheline Tires had to be changed after 30K (unheard off) also not covered, rearview mirrors have fallen twice, Inside door-handles just fell off, Sun visors snapped (both) and fell on my lap as I was driving (very dangerous) seat belts snap off...

When driving it it smells like exhaust inside the car and you literary have to stop and get out to take a breath, and it's been recalled (all of them) over 6 times. Radio and CD stopped working properly after 2 months.

While still under warranty HONOR it Record consumers complaints on paper and do not ignore them

Master Cylender
By colorado18

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

i was having trouble getting fluid to the brakes. I had it looked at by 2 people was told its the master cylender. Dealer ship ignored me the first time i took in in and said i should get my brakes replaced. I did what they said and the issue was still there. I had to tell them again that the master cylender is not pumping fluid to the brakes. They argued with me and i got so angry with them i will never buy another hyundai again. They do not deserve my money. After they looked at the car and come to find out the master cylender was broken like i said. The worst customer service ever and i dont recomment hyundai to anyone.

None

tires, brakes, and interior most of it is all plastic that brakes too easy. stop being to damn cheap.

Great Car
By luisruvi

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very solid car, and all problems since I've owned it have been taken care of free of charge. They were only minor. Sagging mirror, but likely due to a cd case hanging on it. Dead battery. Seat issue. I even got a free rental for two of the fixes. I have been really happy so far with the car. Very spacey and quiet. And even though it is cheaper than most other cars, looks more expensive in some areas compared to others I have looked at.

Shift knob is nice, lots of cubby space.

Mp3 jack. otherwise a solid car.

2008 Sonata GSL V6 3.3L
By Genetyper

2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 30k miles on it and have driven it about 2k miles. I love this car. Getting onto the highway is stress-free because this car can "get-up-and-go" when you put your foot into it. Its got some "nut" which I like in a car. Its quiet and smooth. I like the sunroof and the ample room of the interior. Its comfortable and an ease to drive. Gas mileage is about 31 highway (or more) and 19 town. I can't speak for long term reliability but it purrs like a kitten and is nearly soundless at idle, no engine noises or "clickings". Performance for a mid- sized 4 door family car like this is not common.

Nice power and good lines interior and exterior. This isn't a "chick-magnet" so don't judge it against them. Its a reasonable responsible nice car that can get you from here to there with ample power. Nice safety features. I feel safer in this car.

Provide three 26-35 year old cheerleaders in the back seat...seriously, it is what it is. Its a nice car that does what it was designed to do...nothing more and nothing less.

• SUV