2007 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Blown Engine at 113K?

2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

Blown Engine at 113K?
By lorraine1966 on

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Sonata that has 113K miles on it. I brought it in for a ticking noise in engine-was told it 'could' be a lifter; engine has oil so was told to keep driving it. Next day on highway, noise got worse & bang, no power & oil ran out of bottom of engine. Am being told I need a new engine. NO info on any TSB on problems with this car. Am still in it for $7K-am at a loss here & Hyundai takes no responsibility. Now what?! Before this issue, car was a dream-no problems whatsoever. Am baffled, angry & feeling helpless. No where to turn-no help-no nothing.

I "used" to like this car. Drove nice, ample room, no issues whatsoever.

Better customer service. Regular every day people like myself need the personal communication-not some big wig @ the head of the corporation to nix my calls/problem. I cannot be the only person that owns this make/model/year that has this engine problem.
By minnesotagal01
on 07/03/12 08:54 AM (PDT)

The exact same thing just happened to mine!! I have 123,000 miles. It started with a ticking noise, engine light came on Friday. I drove about 10 miles home. The next day it turned into a knock. I almost didn't make it the 3 miles to the shop. It got louder and lost power. The shop use told me its serious. Mine also had been a dream - only the minor electrical stuff but the recall fixed that. I'm also still into it for a lot of money!! Really frustrated!!