Used 2007 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

B R O K E N WINDOWS!
By jennifer_c620

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Hyundai Sonata with about 44K miles, now it has over 66K and before I hit my 6 year/60K warrenty expiration, my left side rear window broke and was stuck in the down position, thankfully, Hyundai fixed it at NO charge, However, now that I'm over the warrenty, my right side rear window has broken, in the down position . What is wrong with this company and its cheap parts??? I owned a Nissan before this and never had any issues like this. Also my paint is bubbling off on the mirrors, so far, this is the only place it's pealing. Though, when I bought the car, it had been REPAINTED on the hood and front bumper due to paint bubbling. I never had faith in Hyundai and still don't!!

I like the comfort of the seats and the roomy-ness of the back seat, plus roomy-ness of the overall car. The sound of the radio and speakers is pretty decent. It drives smoothly and breaks surprisingly well (much better than my Nissan ever did). As you can see I have many more negative thoughts than positive about the quality of this car.

Fix the visor springs! they constantly fall down and do not stay in place due to poor quality equipment. The paint is ****! The power windows have been a nightmare for me, please improve this feature, two have broken so far, that's 50%, what a terrible ratio when the car is only 4 years old. Again, I sold my Nissan that was 9 years old, NEVER A BROKEN WINDOW, EVER! Poor light bulbs, you wouldn't think that a light bulb burning out would piss you off so much until you owned a previous car for 5 years that was already a 4 year old car and the light bulb never once burned out, in 9 years, (I was informed they were the original bulbs). breaklight in center costs $175 to replace!!? Seriously!

2007 Sonata peeling paint problem
By brossart

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Hyundai Sonata new, and at that time, I thought it was a good car, but I have since changed my mind. After an electrical short in the steering column, rear brake problems, engine computer malfunction, and now bubbling and peeling paint, I have had enough. Warranty covered most of the problems, but since my Sonata has 43,000 miles on it, Hyundai won’t cover the peeling paint, because the paint is only warranted for 3years 36,000 miles. The paint is so thin on this car that when driven on the highway, even bugs cause chipping of the paint on the front bumper and on the hood of the car. This appears to be a sub-standard paint job. Paint should not be peeling off this soon.

Nice car to drive, smooth and comfortable.

Stop cutting corners, poor paint jobs, other poor quality aspects show up a few years down the road.

Pros outweigh cons, pleased with the car
By pki1

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 53K miles on it. The first owner took good care of the vehicle, so I got a good deal. The car is inexpensive for its class, a thorough worthy purchase. Pros - Space, wide visibility angle, comfortable interiors, well tuned acceleration and braking for a 4 Cyl., good acceleration, stable at high speeds, low engine noise. Cons - Large turning radius, Insufficient differential acceleration causing deeper outward tilt on high speed turns, low power steering ratio, average road grip, visor spring quality, mildly hard suspension My recommendation backs Hyundai for a wonderful top-of-its-class vehicle at and affordable price... buy 'em while they're still cheap!

Stability at high speeds Simple, elegant design Internal volume and upholstery detail Trunk space

Could use better differential ratio on front axle Softer suspension would reduce bumps and jerks inside cabin

GREAT CAR
By ew0202

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my wife a 2007 sonata with 56k miles. My wife loves her car and so do family and friends. the 1st owner took very good care of the car. the inside/outside looks brand new. great car

Fun car to drive and worth the money.
By hectorartm

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We got the Sonata at the beginning of 2010. I purchased the car with 68k miles on it and have put over 20k on it. Let me tell you something, these cars are reliable...maybe more so than Toyota, Nissan or Honda. I have not had a single problem. Oil changes are a breeze, since the oil filter is on top of the engine and driving it is fun and the car is very comfortable. Interior room shouldn't be a problem for anyone unless your name is Shaq. Treat her well and it will treat you well. BTW, for all those complaining about knock on start, that's normal for a top oil filtered car. Just give the car 10-15 seconds to cycle the oil.

V6 engine, wheels, XM radio, comfortable seats and look of the exhaust.

PAINT.