2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Best Bang for the Buck!
By FlyforGod on 01/25/10 09:15 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I get to drive just about any car and must say this Sonata is great, I rate this from a used car value and can say that itís the best bank for the buck, great MPG! Have no issues with power, soft ride and solid,my score is from paying used car price and comparing to anything else out there for the price,

Solid Car for Hyundai
By Paul on 01/02/10 22:31 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has put them on the map. Attractive design inside and out, and solid build with tons of amenities. Smooth engine and ride. The car has a good seating position and a large trunk.

I do not like my car anymore
By Cathy on 12/31/09 12:29 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Although I haven't had any major mechanical problems with the car, I've just recently had to have the roof repainted at my own expense because the paint was flaking off. The paint warranty had expired at 36000 miles, but a car with only 48000 miles should NOT need to be re-painted. This is obviously a factory defect. Also, the car is VERY uncomfortable to drive. The seats don't provide good support, and even the steering wheel is uncomfortable. My rear brakes have squealed almost since day one, but just in reverse, so I haven't had them checked. But after reading the other reviews I see rear brakes are a common problem. I want to unload the car as soon as possible if I can get enough for it.

Best value in car industy
By Owen on 12/27/09 20:28 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car in July '09 with 12,000 miles on it. I have since put about 6k miles on it and the car is superb. The engine is quite yet powerful. The design and look of the car rivals some of the 2009 and 2010 models out there now. The looks is absolutely timeless. This is my first Hyundai and I have to say I think I have found the company I will give my future business to. The only complaint I have is that the suspension is a little noisy. Sometimes even little bumps in the road sounds like your hitting a big pothole.

great car
By jmk on 12/15/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

had this car for 2 years, 3 trips to florida about 4M miles per trip never had a problem, great in very cold winter starts, excellent running car, would buy another in a heart beat

Crap on wheels
By Ash on 11/30/09 22:25 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been to the shop once a week since I bought it. There is a squeak in the front wheel and they can't find the source. The visor broke, the power window broke, the manual shift broke, very poor quality. I will not own another Hyundai. I plan on trading this off as soon as the warranty is up.

Hyundai Sonata 3.3L V6 review
By John on 11/30/09 19:47 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I Love my car but my problems with it is the bulbs on the rear and head lights and fog lights go out every 2months or so and the vinyl shades want stay up they keep falling down, I think Im going to buy me a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE next time because Hyundai is not a great product to buy when it comes to haven't it long term. So Nissan here I come

Nice car overall, but beware of brakes
By jas on 11/25/09 11:07 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 2.5 years and 33,000 miles, the car has been pretty good overall. Have had some issues such as XM receiver needing replacement because of water damage due to a weld in rear panel failing allowing water to get into XM receiver box located in trunk, brake switch replacement (recall was issued). So far the only major complaint is the pathetic quality of the rear brakes. Have had to service them twice so far, once at 20,00 miles and just the other day at 32,000 miles (not covered, pay out of your own pocket). Its a terrible design that the dealer admitted to, but Hyundai is not willing to do anything about it. So beware, brake issues are coming if you have not all ready experienced it.

Not satisfied
By Phyllis on 11/11/09 15:19 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 new in 0906. Feel I overpaid for it. 18,800. Have had to replace tires at 32,000 and brakes. Now my automatic seat works sometimes and my sun visor won't stay up. Dealer only service during the week, late only two days and rarely has loaner cars. Michelin tires are too expensive for this car and wouldn't climb my driveway last winter. Slide a lot! Never heard any noise but had to replace the windshield glass in the first 20,000 miles. Orange barrel fell in front of me and now I have a crack in the front bumper doing 50 mph

Love!
By Approve Hyundai on 10/27/09 05:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used at 10000 miles and the only reason I would go to the dealership was to change the oil or change the tires. I love the Hyundai and it is good on gas! I drove this car from Miami to Tallahassee (which is a 600 mile drive) like 10 times and I drove this car from Miami to Washington D.C (which is more than a 2000 mile drive) and I still have no issues. There's little things that gets on my nerves but overall good car. Now my car is at 80000 miles and it is still running great!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.