Used 2007 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

GREAT CAR
By ew0202

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my wife a 2007 sonata with 56k miles. My wife loves her car and so do family and friends. the 1st owner took very good care of the car. the inside/outside looks brand new. great car

Fun car to drive and worth the money.
By hectorartm

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We got the Sonata at the beginning of 2010. I purchased the car with 68k miles on it and have put over 20k on it. Let me tell you something, these cars are reliable...maybe more so than Toyota, Nissan or Honda. I have not had a single problem. Oil changes are a breeze, since the oil filter is on top of the engine and driving it is fun and the car is very comfortable. Interior room shouldn't be a problem for anyone unless your name is Shaq. Treat her well and it will treat you well. BTW, for all those complaining about knock on start, that's normal for a top oil filtered car. Just give the car 10-15 seconds to cycle the oil.

V6 engine, wheels, XM radio, comfortable seats and look of the exhaust.

PAINT.

Satisfied First Time Hyundai Owner
By Mark

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

2007 Hyundai SE 3.3 liter V6 I purchased this vehicle new in Oct. 2006 and it has 100,750 miles on it. I had no problems and more then satisfied with the quality of this vehicle.There is more power in this vehicle then the 2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 I had before this. I am a firm believer and will be purchasing another Hyundai product

The acceleration and quality of the vehicle

Better gas mileage and lower price for tires

2007 Paint Defect
By Amanda

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Sonata in April 2008. Within this last year I have had the paint peal off my hood and trunk. Im over my mileage for the warranty, b/c it ONLY 36,000 miles for the paint defects, and now I'm having to pay out of my own pocket for a new paint job when CLEARLY its a manufacture defect. I have spoke with the dealership, HYUNDAI, and they won't do anything so I called customer service and they told me they will put my info in their computer and if more ppl come forward then they could POSSIBLE have a recall. So the point of this blog is if you have this same problem with these vehicles please call customer service so we all can get this problem fixed!

Rides nicely and great gas mileage

Paint you cars better!

Some problems- still love it!
By samsonata07

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

When i bought my car in February, the driver's visor was broken. the dealership fixed it. when i went to drive it off the lot, the wipers wouldn't turn off. the switch went. the dealership said they would fix it but they never got back to me about the part, so for now i just take the fuse out and put it in when i need it. i will get it fixed eventually. about a month after i had my car the passenger visor broke! its still broke because my dealership wont get back to me! i have a warranty but i dont know how to get hold of anyone. my brakes squeak a lot. i need new brakes and new tires. i love the room in this car and the power. i just don't like everything falling apart. i get about 21 mpg.

the power, the look of the car and the safety of it.

visors, minor rust issues, wipers.