Used 2007 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Good so far
By Gb

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far the car is running great. I initially had some clanking noise when putting in "drive" but this has gone away now. Car is roomy and the interior does not look cheesy. The automatic air quality system is great. the trunk is roomy too. So far I am satisfied with the car.

Favorite Features

Auto climate control, heated front seats, manual trunk release from the inside of the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Better antenna, more functional center console.

A lot of car for a little price
By Andy

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far, I've been happy with this car. It has a nice ride, and a lot of interior room (espescially in the back. The trunk is very nice as well. There are a ton of standard features. in comparison to many of the competitor cars, the Sonata drives just as nicely, costs a few thousand less, and comes with a 100k/60k powertrain/bumper to bumper warranty. The car does NOT get as good gas mileage as the sticker would indicate. I drive on the highway about 85% of the time, and tend to get around 26 miles to the gallon (sticker read 24-33). I expected a little more than that.

Favorite Features

The car has some great standard features, keyless entry, cruise control, Stability control, tire pressure monitoring and XM (which I never use, but if you like Satellite radio, there you go).

Suggested Improvements

I would prefer a slightly better radio than what comes standard--even with the XM functionality, I'm not impressed. Also, the clock is below the radio-- I've always liked having it on the radio display itself.

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS
By Carl Schlegel

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We've been driving this vehicle for almost 10 months and have been quite happy with the ride and quality of the vehicle. I traded up from a 2005 Elantra for the simple reason that I needed a larger door opening due to recent knee replacement and mobility problems. The car is comfortable and quiet, especially compared to my daughter's 2005 Camry which I consider a comparable car. I think I purchased the safest, most quiet riding, and best performing vehicle I could find in the price range, give or take $3- 4K. I would definetly buy another, or possibly the Sonata Hybrid when it becomes available. My only problem was with a dealer installed remote starting system that has to be reprogrammed.

Favorite Features

Cruise Control, nice sounding stereo, comfrotable seats, and 10-12 airbags that make me feel safe. Also comes stock with my favorite Michelin tires. It seems like lots of attention to quality components was paid when this vehicle was designed and built.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little higher quality carpet and padding... It's serviceable but not very plush. A power outlet in the rear seating area for the kid's electronic devices would be nice as well.

Full Option V6 - 2007
By Bijan

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car for the price, but still a lot of space to improve on design aspect without real additional cost, e.g. suspension! Engine is nice and powerful, but not as quiet and fuel efficient as competition. Brakes are excellent, but no way in comparing handling or refinements of this car with BMW 5-seires, as advertised! I believe it has better value for money than 3.3L Azeras. You are not really upgraded with a Toyota or Honda! Next step is a BMW, Luxus, or Mercedes! Engine noise when you look at it at ilde with hood open, seems more than one expects from such a beautiful piece of engineering! Can't feel the difference Solar Glass is supposed to make! Functional, but not beautiful dashboard!

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, smooth transmission, excellent driver view, very good build quality, generic/classic exterior look, value for money, automatic rear view mirror, Audio sound quality, Automatic climate control, big trunck, acceleration, ESP, ESP, ESP! Great feature! Can't live without!

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer suspension - I don't like bouncing car, Window lock shall only disable passengers' not driver's!, Can't see much of instrument panel when steering whell and seat in my comfotable position, 6CD changer doesn't read MP3, Moon roof not exactly above front seats... shall look up-back to see sky!

even if
By imonlyyours18

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

even if the sonata where the price of the ford i would pick it any way.as far as beung advance ford is not far ahead at all.and thay have ben around a lot longer.and i just traded my 04 maxima for the 07 sonata and for some reason i think the sonata is a lot more fun

Favorite Features

i like the esc system the v6 that puts out as mouch as the 06 altima and the look.even if it does look like an accord but even better

Suggested Improvements

a few more simple gadgets like nav better lighting insile green is out try blue or something where you can pick the color like musting and awd on at least one of there cars