2007 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews 3

2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
GREAT CAR
By ew0202 on 01/15/11 03:23 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my wife a 2007 sonata with 56k miles. My wife loves her car and so do family and friends. the 1st owner took very good care of the car. the inside/outside looks brand new. great car

Fun car to drive and worth the money.
By hectorartm on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We got the Sonata at the beginning of 2010. I purchased the car with 68k miles on it and have put over 20k on it. Let me tell you something, these cars are reliable...maybe more so than Toyota, Nissan or Honda. I have not had a single problem. Oil changes are a breeze, since the oil filter is on top of the engine and driving it is fun and the car is very comfortable. Interior room shouldn't be a problem for anyone unless your name is Shaq. Treat her well and it will treat you well. BTW, for all those complaining about knock on start, that's normal for a top oil filtered car. Just give the car 10-15 seconds to cycle the oil.

Satisfied First Time Hyundai Owner
By Mark on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

2007 Hyundai SE 3.3 liter V6 I purchased this vehicle new in Oct. 2006 and it has 100,750 miles on it. I had no problems and more then satisfied with the quality of this vehicle.There is more power in this vehicle then the 2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 I had before this. I am a firm believer and will be purchasing another Hyundai product

2007 Paint Defect
By Amanda on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Sonata in April 2008. Within this last year I have had the paint peal off my hood and trunk. Im over my mileage for the warranty, b/c it ONLY 36,000 miles for the paint defects, and now I'm having to pay out of my own pocket for a new paint job when CLEARLY its a manufacture defect. I have spoke with the dealership, HYUNDAI, and they won't do anything so I called customer service and they told me they will put my info in their computer and if more ppl come forward then they could POSSIBLE have a recall. So the point of this blog is if you have this same problem with these vehicles please call customer service so we all can get this problem fixed!

Some problems- still love it!
By samsonata07 on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

When i bought my car in February, the driver's visor was broken. the dealership fixed it. when i went to drive it off the lot, the wipers wouldn't turn off. the switch went. the dealership said they would fix it but they never got back to me about the part, so for now i just take the fuse out and put it in when i need it. i will get it fixed eventually. about a month after i had my car the passenger visor broke! its still broke because my dealership wont get back to me! i have a warranty but i dont know how to get hold of anyone. my brakes squeak a lot. i need new brakes and new tires. i love the room in this car and the power. i just don't like everything falling apart. i get about 21 mpg.

Great Sonata
By Sonata Owner on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car used and have read other reviews about the poor fuel mileage. I don't think so, we have the six cylinder engine, and recently put a 170 mile trip on it up and down hills in Eastern Washington and got 28 miles per gallon. We ran from Ellensburg to Spokane and drove locally for two weeks on the tank that I filled in Ellensburg, on the trip readout it said 26.7 miles per gallon. I can live with this as it replaced a 1993 Ford Taurus that got 13 a round town, but 30 on the highway. I won't trade my Sonata for a Ford again.

You get what you pay for
By mad on 08/25/10 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My sonata is a 2006 lx with 55,000 Florida miles. While the car runs great and is very comfortable. I have had to replace the dashboard cover both sun visors, both window frames for rust problems, and now the body is rusting out and Hyundai says the warranty does not cover rust until it causes a hole in the body. All I can say is let the buyer beware, you buy cheap car and you get a car full of cheap parts

Now I am concerned!
By liss on 08/23/10 22:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the Sonata on May 28th of this year. I was ecstatic about the value and what I got for the money! I have owned an Accent in the past, and LOVED it until I was rear-ended and it was totaled. My daughter also owned an Accent. I don't put much mileage on the car as I am disabled. I just recently hit the 1,000 mile mark (since May!) This car is wonderful! I couldn't have made a better choice. I will, however, have the rear brakes checked tomorrow when I take the baby in for routine maintenance. BOTTOM LINE: Great Car!

Sonata is THE Best car
By Donna on 08/19/10 04:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Sonata is THE Best car even-though I used to have Mercedes and Lexus.

Beautiful
By Beautiful (my car) on 07/22/10 08:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I brought my Sonata brand new. I have 105,000 miles. I travel a lot between NC, VA, and MD. I have the basic model and I love my car I've only had one problem and that was the rear brakes. I have been rear ended twice at the red light and my car is great on safety. I plan to buy the 2011 as soon as I can. I also get 30 plus miles to the gallon.and for the people complaining about the tires try BF Goodrich advantages they are just as great as the Michelins. (made by Michelin I think)