2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2007 Sonata problems

2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

GLS Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2007 Sonata problems
By simplysno on

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my care almost new, 9000 miles on it. It's my 2nd Hyundai. My last one, an Elantra ran 237,000 miles, literally problem free until the transmission fell out. Damn good car. So good thought I would buy another. She runs great but has severe electrical problems. Dealership said nothing wrong but I have replaced every single bulb in that car no less than 3 times in under five years. There was a recall for the brake lights and I took it to the dealership. Still happens. Paint job is the worst. It's obvious the car has NO primer on it. The paint on the hood and above the windshield has been peeling in chunks, literally chunks all this time. Car looks like it's 15 yrs old.

Favorite Features

Engine How she drives Comfort Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Fix the cheap paint jobs and whatever is wrong with the electrical. Lot of complaints about these two issues on the website. Not sure I will buy another. Car is five years old, not a dent or scratch on it but lots of rust and chunks of paint coming off daily.