2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Blown Engine at 113K?
By lorraine1966 on 12/28/11 05:12 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Sonata that has 113K miles on it. I brought it in for a ticking noise in engine-was told it 'could' be a lifter; engine has oil so was told to keep driving it. Next day on highway, noise got worse & bang, no power & oil ran out of bottom of engine. Am being told I need a new engine. NO info on any TSB on problems with this car. Am still in it for $7K-am at a loss here & Hyundai takes no responsibility. Now what?! Before this issue, car was a dream-no problems whatsoever. Am baffled, angry & feeling helpless. No where to turn-no help-no nothing.

Overall Very Pleased... There Are A Few Items, I'll Explain...
By wmjlambert on 10/22/11 13:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

To start the previous automobile was a 1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, 190k trouble free miles, tranny went. Too pricey to replace with Lucerne. Nearly entire family drives Hyundai's now. Bought Sonata. Transmission: Wish it had a "winter" mode, button to start in 2nd gear... Feel fifth could be leaner. Excellent acceleration, smooth and quiet, nicely laid out with high enough quality feel and look. Have near 60k, had one mechanical issue and dealership has been great. Niggling, but access to high mount stop lamp bulb is crazy, tires have worn out very quickly(not the car's fault)... Have not had an alignment and I live in Buffalo, which amazes me.

Fantastic reliable car
By grande45 on 10/09/11 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchase a 2007 hyundai sonata 4 cycl brand new and I have had it for 4 years and during that time this car has not giving me one single problem, even during the winter months this car kept going and going, it also did very well on gas I get up to 22 city and 35 high way. Before I traded the car in for a brand new kia sportage I had over 163000 miles on it.

Bit of a dissapointment
By forbor on 09/29/11 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Here's my story, all true. Love the way the car looks, & performs, but that's where it all falls apart. After about 2 weeks the drivers seat bagan to rock, & squeak, after many trips to the dealer for repairs, it now only rocks. The seat mount plastic cover no longer stays on. Stereo cuts out intermittently over bumps, this problem seemed to correct itself. More steering wheel mounted radio controls would've been nice (no tune button). Appx 50k mi. the timing chain tensioner hung up, & valve inbeds into piston, nice! Recall for this ended in '06. Paint thin, & flakes off. Seems like hyundai has a bit to learn about making cars, last one i'll buy I think.

Not worth the money
By beth35 on 09/06/11 12:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Sonata and it isn't worth anything. I had to replace the breaks at 30,000 and the alarm would randomly go off so that was replaced. I replaced a censor b/c carbon was build up in the throttle body. The drive belt has been replaced. Both sun visors have been replaced. The gas tank needs to be replaced but will cost $1000 b/c it won't shut off automatically. The check engine light is on stating to replace the O2 censors. The driver seat squeaks and the middle compartment rattles but neither can be fixed, and the paint peals and chips really bad. Needless to say I am not impressed with Hyundai's.

4 Year Review
By ccbloome61 on 08/23/11 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Sonata has just turned 4 years old in July of 2011. When it was new I did have a wheel balance problem which was fixed by the dealer at no charge. The battery started leaking acid this summer and I replaced it. Still on the original Michellins and have done no other repairs as of yet. Still looks like new and drives like new. I have 40,000 miles on it now. Really have enjoyed it. Powder White Pearl and I had the windows tinted.

Tough Couple of Years
By mike334 on 07/31/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car late 2008 with 31K miles, thinking it was worth not spending the extra 4 grand for an Accord. Issues with interior pieces, rattles, ignition lock, etc. Issues with rear brakes and suspension noises. Junction (fuse) box shorted out. Noise from failing timing chain tensioner that will eventually fail. Hyundai parts are very costly, and local repair shops in my corner of the world are mystified by Hyundais. These cars are probably fine for someone who drives 10,000 miles per year, but the components just don't hold up for someone like myself who uses the car for business at 2.5 times that mileage. FYI, all the required maintenance was done, and promptly, to no avail.

B R O K E N WINDOWS!
By jennifer_c620 on 06/05/11 18:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Hyundai Sonata with about 44K miles, now it has over 66K and before I hit my 6 year/60K warrenty expiration, my left side rear window broke and was stuck in the down position, thankfully, Hyundai fixed it at NO charge, However, now that I'm over the warrenty, my right side rear window has broken, in the down position . What is wrong with this company and its cheap parts??? I owned a Nissan before this and never had any issues like this. Also my paint is bubbling off on the mirrors, so far, this is the only place it's pealing. Though, when I bought the car, it had been REPAINTED on the hood and front bumper due to paint bubbling. I never had faith in Hyundai and still don't!!

2007 Sonata peeling paint problem
By brossart on 05/07/11 17:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Hyundai Sonata new, and at that time, I thought it was a good car, but I have since changed my mind. After an electrical short in the steering column, rear brake problems, engine computer malfunction, and now bubbling and peeling paint, I have had enough. Warranty covered most of the problems, but since my Sonata has 43,000 miles on it, Hyundai won’t cover the peeling paint, because the paint is only warranted for 3years 36,000 miles. The paint is so thin on this car that when driven on the highway, even bugs cause chipping of the paint on the front bumper and on the hood of the car. This appears to be a sub-standard paint job. Paint should not be peeling off this soon.

Pros outweigh cons, pleased with the car
By pki1 on 03/11/11 10:39 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 53K miles on it. The first owner took good care of the vehicle, so I got a good deal. The car is inexpensive for its class, a thorough worthy purchase. Pros - Space, wide visibility angle, comfortable interiors, well tuned acceleration and braking for a 4 Cyl., good acceleration, stable at high speeds, low engine noise. Cons - Large turning radius, Insufficient differential acceleration causing deeper outward tilt on high speed turns, low power steering ratio, average road grip, visor spring quality, mildly hard suspension My recommendation backs Hyundai for a wonderful top-of-its-class vehicle at and affordable price... buy 'em while they're still cheap!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.