2007 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Bought based on reviews... VERY disappointed
By aybaker87 on 04/29/14 07:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in February 2011 from a private seller with 32k miles on it. FF 2 years, I've since had to replace the headlights EIGHT times (even with the top bulbs from Advance Auto), had to replace the passenger seat due to a random airbag malfunction -- which was annoyingly expensive! --, the paint is slowly but surely beginning to chip on the hood, the passenger door handle literally came off. One night, attempt to open the door, the handle broke off in my hand. And most recently, even having had scheduled, routine maintenance done, the engine now needs to be replaced. After everything I've dealt with, I'm buying another car instead of spending 2 grand to fix an unreliable car.

Not a bad vehicle... Just nothing special...
By meathead212121 on 02/22/14 14:49 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle used with just under 35k miles on it about 2.5 years ago and have put about 25k miles on it since purchase. The car is decently loaded... not as well as others but enough to keep the average person happy. with everything designed to be functional more than luxurious... basically they're meant to go for the longhaul and/or help you not freak out as much do to the cost of the car. The Platinum model I bought has plenty in it and isn't exciting (not my style) but I will say if proper maintenance is done it that it can be EXTREMELY reliable. I can't justify trading it because I've had no issues with it and for that I'm keeping it.

Terrible car!!!
By jiannaccone1 on 09/17/13 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 new and had to repalce the engine at 71,000 miles. This was completely covered by the factory warranty which I was greatful for. Two years later and 35,000 miles into the 2nd engine it blows again!! I am being told that the whole bottom half of the engine needs to be replaced and that Hyundai is willing to help by paying 1/2 the cost of the repair. While I agree that is a somewhat nice offer I feel they should cover the entire cost of the 2nd new engine. I would still have to pay $2650 out of pocket if they cover half and my confidence in the car's reliability is completely gone. They do not stand behind their car or engine. I am at a loss now.

The best car!
By danny88 on 05/08/13 13:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been the best car ever! it has awesome power not to comfortable sometimes but very reliable.As long as you take care of it,it will last you forever!We have over 155k on it and she still fires right up,runs great, and purs like a kitten :)

I love my Sonata
By youcantseeme on 04/05/13 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have 125k+ Miles on my car and it's still going strong! I was told it gets 21-24 city miles per gallon, but I get 26-31 mpg as long as I'm keeping up with maintenance and what not (air filter changes, oil changes, etc. also have fuel efficient tires) I also drive on cruise control as much as possible which makes a huge difference. the interior is comfortable and roomy, the exterior is pretty standard. No complaints. only repairs I've needed so far were very minor ones that are to be expected or were just standard maintenance (aka windshield wipers, headlights, new brakes, new tires, etc.) but the car runs like a dream.

Best bang for your buck
By figopete on 03/10/13 09:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 3 Hondas (1 Acura), currently have a Nissan, Porsche and my Hyundai Sonata. Guess which car we take on long trips ? Yes, Hyundai Sonata. Also its my wife's daily car. Its very reliable, no major problems at all so far. It currently has over 170,000 miles on it. Only six years old. NONE of my Hondas including my Acura lasted over 170,000 without a major problem. Neither did my Nissan or Porsche. Its very quite, comfortable, good power. We bought it after careful research comparing Accord and Camry which were WAY overpriced. Few problems I've encountered is the replacing of bulbs often and I'm not a fan of driver's seating position adjuster. Besides that nothing to grip about.

Meh
By joetshmoe on 04/05/12 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Personally, I think my boxers are nothing more than a piece of fabric between my body and my zipper. Try telling that to someone that just spent $50 on underwear. If you have a similar attitude towards your car, as a piece of metal between the road and your bum, this will satisfy you. The car has plenty of power for a 4 cyl sedan, more than the 0-60 time leads you to believe, because the transmission is so slushy that you can spin the front wheels at will thanks to a 2000-rpm spread between cruise and go. Textbook slushbox. The steering and directional stability are horrible. The interior fabric still smells like cigs in very hot sun over a year after ONE cigarette was smoked in it.

A few problems but OK overall
By danloudfoot on 03/14/12 18:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As many others stated both of my visors broke. This is a safety hazard and its sad they have not recalled this. I fixed the problem with two cheap strong metal clips that I clipped to the hand/grips. I had an oil leak that was not cheap to fix. My TPMS light is on and its $200. to fix that sensor...I dont know what good it does because I can still see when tire pressure is low so its going to stay on. It has a huge trunk. Its smooth on the highway and the gas is good on highway but sucks it up in the city. I bought it with 30k it now has 103k and has been a good car with minor issues.

2007 Sonata problems
By simplysno on 01/22/12 07:06 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my care almost new, 9000 miles on it. It's my 2nd Hyundai. My last one, an Elantra ran 237,000 miles, literally problem free until the transmission fell out. Damn good car. So good thought I would buy another. She runs great but has severe electrical problems. Dealership said nothing wrong but I have replaced every single bulb in that car no less than 3 times in under five years. There was a recall for the brake lights and I took it to the dealership. Still happens. Paint job is the worst. It's obvious the car has NO primer on it. The paint on the hood and above the windshield has been peeling in chunks, literally chunks all this time. Car looks like it's 15 yrs old.

Falling Apart!!!
By nolagirl on 12/28/11 18:51 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm at 57k miles now. Currently my car is sitting with a locked ignition and steering wheel waiting to be repaired. The car looks nice and does well on the highway. However, if it is plastic, it is broken or will break soon. So far, visors are broken, the front skirt is cracked, paint flaking everywhere, driver's seat only goes back, not up, the seat adjustment control falls off every time I get out the car, the passenger side view mirror housing is broken ($300 paint & replacement) and yesterday my back driver's side door handle fell off. This car is built of extremely CHEAP materials. The interior is very worn also despite being a 2007 that isn't heavily driven. Never again!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.