Oh Hyundai...You've come a long way
By asb81689 on
2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
This is my second Sonata, my first one was a 04. I have a LX with leather, and I must say, what an excellent car.. I'm beyond happy I bought his over a Accord. It's been a problem free car and rides like it's on clouds. My friends are amazed at the ride quality, how smooth and quite the 3.3 V6 is. It's not the fastest sedan out there, but it gets the job done. I really do like the styling of each Sonata generation, starting from 2002 and up. My Sonata is almost at 70K miles, and feels new. A teenager texting on his phone rear ended me, he had to be going 15-20mph, his air bags deployed, yet mine didn't (Thank god), and the best part is, there wasn't a dent on my bumper! Just a paint chip
Favorite Features
I love this car is easy to work on, I can easily change the front and rear brake/rotors. Oil changes are even easier! The oil filter is on top of the engine, next to the air box. No more timing belt, timing chain doesn't need any maintenance. The headed front seats work great, and the HomeLink rear view mirror is pretty neat! The interior has a great feel to it, the nobs and buttons feel good. What really sold me on this car was how quite it is, I had to really listen to tell if it was on.
Suggested Improvements
I really do not care for the brakes, they feel spongy at times. City MPG lacks, yet I can get 30 on the highway, go figure. The dash is very boring looking, the 09+ models really look better. The steering wheel controls needs a track selector, it only has controls for volume, mute, and mode. Oh well, the good outweigh the bad.
By mrebate
on 08/06/12 12:10 PM (PDT)

If he was doing 15mph or over you'd have a lot more than a paint chip. I got a paint chip on my 2006 going 2mpn in a parking lot....and kissing another car backing up without looking.