2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Fun to drive again
By highroller on 03/31/08 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Never owned a foreign make car before but I just love this car. It has plenty of power and shifts smoothly. My gas mileage is 32 on the hwy and 24 in town. Not bad. Warranty is also great. The car looks like it is more expensive then it is. I got sunroof and leather heated seats for far less then I could on a Honda or Toyota.

Almost two years, i still love it
By FC on 03/23/08 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this car for almost two years and 16,300 plus miles it has not given any problems, even though fuel prices are almost $4.00 per gallon, I'm still glad i bought the V6 instead of the 4 cylinder, the 4 cylinder model only gets a 2 mpg gain in average mixed driving the V6 is worth the drop in mileage because of the performance of the engine, I do like Honda and Toyota but they about 3k-5k more than a sonata with the same equipment, This only car i can say the give you more for less.

Love my Sonata
By Darla on 03/21/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third Hyundai I've purchased and OMG have they come a long way from the 1986 Hyundai Excel. This car is quality all the way around for an extremely reasonable price.

Its AWESOME
By Lee on 03/02/08 07:35 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've always been hesitant to even look at Hyundai's. When the new Sonata came out I liked the design and decided to take a closer look. OMG. This car blew me away. So I bought it and have not looked back. I am banking on the 100,000 warranty to run out way before this car does. Honda, Toyota, move over... Here comes my Sonata.

Reliable, Stylish and Affordable
By Norm Rendon on 03/01/08 17:21 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have really enjoyed everything about my Sonata. I searched for cars for 3 years before I found one that I could fit 3 car seats across the back seat, but didn't look like a mom mobile. It has not needed to be in the shop at all other than regular maintenance. The engine is strong and it stops quickly. The wood grain interior really makes for an adult classy business look. It handles really well also. Bottom line it is a great car for the price. I prefer it to the Ford 500 and the Honda Accord.

Super Value, very good car.
By joe on 02/16/08 05:00 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 30k on my '06. Would make the same purchase without hesitation. Yes, I wish fuel economy was better, but 200+ horsepower ain't free, I get 25mpg city and hiway. Quieter than the Buick Park Ave I replaced. People comment on how quiet the car runs and at hiway speeds. You can't buy anything as good as this car for anything near the money, I was off the lot for $18,200, wanted a Passat, but saved $4500 and got much more back seat room in the deal. Service costs have been negligable, most appointments have cost less than $50, worst one less than $200. Still feels fresh at 30k. Dealer was very good, actually had fun buying a car for the first time in my life.

Max review
By mrodrick on 02/08/08 05:11 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am saving 70 dollars a weak on gas which ads up and with the extra cash it pays itself.Its a great ride .

smart buy
By tom on 02/07/08 05:49 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A pleasure to drive on long trips,comfortable for my size 6'3" 240 lbs..People are amazed that it it a Hyundai!

Why can't Ford build a car like this?
By Tobi Fred on 01/12/08 20:40 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car does everything I want it to without a hiccup. Costs $5000 less than equivalent Camry or Accord even after aftermarket leather seating. Hyundai's still get no respect on the resale market. That's ok. With 100,000 mile warranty I'll be keeping this a long time.

Excellent Value
By jpantz on 12/28/07 16:46 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Hyundai continues to produce better and better cars with each model year. I owned a 2001 Santa Fe for a couple of years and was pretty satisfied with it, which is why I was willing to look at the Sonata when it came time to replace my aging Camry. From the moment I sat in the Sonata I knew I wanted it. It's fun to drive and the 5 speed automatic transmission is a good match for the 235 HP the motor kicks out. The car has ample power in the passing gears and launches you from 55 to 75 in the blink of a eye. And surprisingly, the car does pretty well in the snow with the stock tires. The traction control and anti-lock brakes keep the car under control on slippery roads up here in Minnesota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.