2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Commuter Dream
By ubewell on 03/28/07 15:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife drives this car 80% of the time to make her daily 36 mile round trip commute to work and home. It has made quite an impact on her when you consider our previous car was a shaker and rattler. The interior of this car is large with lots of rear leg room. Fit and finish is quite pleasant and unexpected in a car priced below equally equipped Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys. Those two models would easily have been two or three thousand additional dollars. Our only complaint to date has been squeeky brakes when reversing. (Paid our dealer to fix but came back just as bad!) Ride is quiet and comfortable. Superior warranty sold me right away. Doors sound great and solid when closed.

Great Car
By Doug on 03/03/07 19:33 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Well I have never been as happy with any new car as I am with this one. This is one great car. I can't get this car away from my wife nearly often enough. The V6 is spectacular, loads of power and very smooth. The manual shifting option is great in the mountians especially for passing. The front passenger seat could be more comfortable though. All in all a great car for the money. I am considering buying one for myself, as we like it so much.

Great Car For the Money
By Jason on 02/20/07 20:57 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after many months of Research. I looked at the obvious candidates, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, and Nissan Altima. All the cars were good, but the Sonata had something the others could not match, Value for the Money. The car runs strong and has PLENTY of get up and go (0 to 60 in the 7 second range). I have had the car now almost a year and in that time only a few very minor things have gone wrong. First the Windshield Washer pump went out, no biggie. And Second some of the black out tape around the doors on the passenger side came off and has had to be replaced 2 times now. Other than this NOTHING else has gone wrong with the car. I would HIGHLY recommend this car.

Driving it my way to the bank
By Jason on 02/01/07 23:44 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Its a great car. I have owned it for over a year. If you can get passed the name plate your well on your way to a great ownership experience. If you have too much money go ahead and buy something else. But in all reality- this car has almost everything else beat in its class at a significantly lower price point. Engine is great. Interior fits my 6ft 2in 210lb frame very well. It's really quiet at freeway speeds. It's easy to get in and out of. The sound system w/ subwoofer is actually really quite good.

Great car.Look out here comes Hyundai!!!
By Mahlon Willams on 02/01/07 01:38 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great power train packages.The 3.3 is better than Kia's 2.7 V6 and delivers a good punch being sister cars in body style. Fuel milage is better than fair even with the heavy foot.They do share the 2.4 4 cyl engine.Hyundai offers alot of standard features other cars call options.For ex. fog lights,electronc stability control for few.In a nut shell Hyundai is getting better fast.Dont fall asleep other asian auto makers Hyundai is paying attention to consumers demands and has come along way.Who's laughing now.

An Excellent Car
By Sonata on 01/27/07 15:10 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've driven over 21,000 miles with almost perfect satisfaction. A defective battery in the first month and detached gripper necessitated a couple visits for repair. It is "zippy"" and comfortable for 700 mile days. All the accessories have become necessities and we would only wish additionally for dual side temperature controls. The 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty with road side assistance even for gas gives us added security. Our mpg is what is listed, 20/29, we get it. We'll definitely consider another Sonata in two years.

Watch out for Hyundai Customer Service.
By mpayne2112 on 01/24/07 07:03 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had some with the passenger seat and it failed VA inspection. I took that car to Pohanka in Fredericksburg VA. They were nice but they ended up keeping the car for 2 weeks to get parts from Hyundai.OH Yeah, Hyundai does not provide a loaner. The car is nice, but the service and support for their products are awful. They did fix the seat but there were some cosmetic things they forgot to fix and I have to take it back again. When I bought this car, It was between this and the Saturn Aura. If I could do it over again, I would have purchased the Saturn but wanted to save some money. You get what you pay for. The car is nice, but if you want the company to back the product, go somewhere else.

Worth taking a look...
By dos0711 on 01/22/07 07:27 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My in-laws have Hyundais and have had no problems at all. So I decided to take a look at the new Azera. When I got there, I decided it was too big and my wife suggested the Sonata. I didn't care for the Jaguar-like look of the older ones so I balked at first. Then I saw a 2006 and I was like "WOW! That's a Sonata??!". I drove it and the rest is history. I'm proud to have it sitting in my driveway at less than $20k.

Why the major depreciation
By playadave on 01/19/07 11:04 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am extremely happy with my 06 LX Sonata except the depreciation. List on this was $23995 and now trade-in is $14900. WOW! I paid $19K but still a 21.5% in the first year. Never-the- less, plan on keeping. Ride is a little rough, performance is great, reliability is great, interior design well that has been beaten around the bush.

sonata 06 xl
By Guillermo on 01/16/07 14:13 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

a very good car, have a lot of luxury features for less money, have a lot of power engine when you need to speed, with fuel economy when you´re not in a hurry. At this moment my car is working really good in all kind of weather and I feel peace of mind with the warranty it comes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.