Used 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Squeaky Squaky Suspension
By Helen

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my '06. Bought it used. Only one thing I hate besides the seat belt chime is the car creaks and groans over speed bumps and or rough driveways. Sounds like the rear window is being flexed or something back there is flexing and creaking. Dealer can't find anything. They've reinforced the package shelf and replaced the rear shocks. No noise when it's rainy outside and the road is wet. Anybody have this problem or have a solution? Great car, otherwise!

electrochromatic rear mirror with compass, seat comfort and quiet ride. Love the car!

Lose the seat belt and door ajar racket. Doesn't need to be so obnoxious while making its point.

Ole!
By URNMYWA

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a V8 SUV. Loved my truck but I am in love with this car. I drive over an hour commute each way four days a week. My truck was a tank so I didn't worry about semi's and other SUV's. With this car, the speed and ease at which I am able to change gears and lanes means no worries because they can't catch me. I am big so the roomy interior and space between the steering wheel and driver seat is fantastic. A huge roomy trunk and spacious back seats means my passengers are just as comfy. Car only has single cd and no MP3 adapter so aftermarket stereo is a must. The speakers sound pretty nice and since I love all music a booming base is not necessary. Gas is pretty good!

roomy, lots of cubby holes for toll money, cd's etc... leather seats with seat warmers, v6 engine (zoom! zoom!, I have the maroon in the pic. and it looks darker almost black sometimes. Great exterior coat!

expand stereo controls for steering wheel to include more than volume, ff, rev, mode, sunroof and changer should be standard in all LX, tires are loud on highway but great in heavy rain, horrible windshield wipers, automatic light indicator on rearview and automatic, not on steering wheel

proud to drive a hyundai
By p anderson

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After the unfortunate experience of having my 96 Acura TL (paid for, only 95k miles) totaled, I reluctantly began to look for its replacement. I found this car after a long search and slowly fell for it. The Sonata has won me over. Mileage is good, fit & finish are nice, good quality leather and the interior is really roomy. The engine is bigger, so I'm enjoying the power. Pretty good pickup, and though it doesn't claim to be sporty, i find that it handles well enough for my taste. The funniest thing is convincing people that a Hyundai is more than a low end, minimally styled car. I'm still grieving the loss of my Acura, but am so far very pleased with my "new" Hyundai.

Electrochromatic rearview mirror, color (silver blue is sweet!), exterior styling, 3.3 liter V6, leather, interior storage, auto AC (I live in FL, this feature is nice)

More logical audio controls on the steering wheel (seek function, not just volume & mode), the "dinging" is annoying, but I know my Hyundai just wants me to be safe.

bang for buck
By rick

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 06 lx new off the floor in Aug 05 after owning an 02 sonata. Much improved power, handling, style. Gas mileage was not improved - due to improved power. My wife's car is a MB E320 and yes, a far better ride, but, considering you could buy 2 1/2 sonatas for the same price . Its not sexy, but the safety features, warranty, and thus far reliability (40K) can't be beat. I'm impressed with Hyundai - put a different badge on this car and the price would jump $15K.

price, warranty, great paint (deepwater blue) standard safety features; trunk space w/ pass through design outstanding

front seat too short; gas mileage (the E320 gets 5-8 mpg better); stereo ok but not outstanding

best value for the money
By thopaine

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 years and 24000 miles,I say that this auto has lots of pep,is very reliable, very inexpensive to operate and maintain,is safe,and looks and feels good to drive.One possible negative is the seats can be a little uncomfortable. Best car for the money on the market today.

v6 engine just purrs....,accelerates and grips the road like a cat,especially on curves.Fun to drive.

change front seats !