2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
A Great Car
By Larry Maxick on 11/24/07 20:01 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven every make and most models in my seventy years, and this by far the greatest car I have ever owned, I can't much for the local dealership, which is not where I bought it.

Great Car, except...
By Helen on 09/22/07 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am quite pleased with my 06 Sonata. I bought it used and it has had a few squeaks and rattles. The main problem I've had is the rear shelf squeak/rattle sounds like the car is going to split apart. Dealer finally replaced the shelf this morning and we'll see if that worked or not. Mileage is okay, but not great. I love the car, its performance and its look, both inside and out. I'd buy another for sure!

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX
By jrp7329 on 09/20/07 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Until I purchased this Sonata, I had never owned a Hyundai ... but you can bet I'll buy another one! This car is truly an excellent value ... reasonable price with solid design and performance. Quick, comfortable and just great to drive ... what's not to like? Top notch build quality with a sophisticated engine ... 28 MPG in all- around driving for me.

DRIVE THIS CAR before you buy!
By Chad on 09/10/07 06:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has blown me away from day one. This car is more comfortable, quiet and refined than my Altimas and Maximas ever were. The V6 makes this car a very quick sedan, and it stays composed at all times. At 80mph on the highway, it's nearly silent. When you factor in the performance, VALUE, refinement, all the standard safety features and the warranty - this is the only car to buy.

What a deal!!
By jan on 05/23/07 06:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This was a best buy for comfort,gadgets,style,price and especially the 24MPG/city and 29.7MPG/highway fuel consumption I consistently get on regular grade gas. A little more play in the steering than I like but still handles very well. The shiftronic shifting makes driving safe on slick roads and fun on dry roads. It's performance is everything Hyundai promises.I like fast!! I am not crazy about the sound system but the rest of the car makes up for it. I would buy it again. Way to go Hyundai!

You'll like this car!
By Jeff D on 04/25/07 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've logged over 12K miles over the first year and have no substantive complaints at all. The car has satisfied all of my expectations, and I don't consider myself easy to satisfy. I've had no problems other than a ding on the roof from the dealer which he fixed perfectly while giving me a loaner. Mileage is running only about 22 mpg in mixed driving. You won't do better than this car for the money.

Best car purchase I've made in 30 years
By Bryan Price on 04/25/07 09:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My '90 Gran Marquis needed replacing after 200K and another round of shorting somewhere in the firewall. With the good reviews from my wife's coworkers, we looked at Sonatas, liked them, and bought one. 100K/10 year warranty was a plus, since we both drive cars to their graves.

Like my Sonata
By Ron C on 04/22/07 04:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Enjoy driving and the looks of my new Sonata.

Excellent daily driver
By itsallgood on 04/07/07 22:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

They say not to buy a brand new model style on the first year. I did just that with my Sonata LX. I have over 35k on it now and I"ve been very happy with the car. Handles great thru twisty mountain roads, as well as the freeway. Feels solid and safe at high speeds, too. I would definitely recommend this car,it's dependable and actually fun to drive!

would recommend
By jimmyd5 on 04/04/07 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

what a great car! much more reasonably priced than Camry, Accord, Altima and equal options and performance. Total cost of ownership is much less considering insurance, excise tax and sales tax. People get spooked by the name, but if you just plan to drive for 100K, why buy anything else. Folks gloat about driving until 200K, but who actually does this. Couldn't be happier with Sonata.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.