Used 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

My first Hyundai won't be the last!
By Tom B

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was on the fence about Hyundai until I read about the Sonata and how it was built in America. So I bought the first V6 Sonata LX fully loaded to arrive in San Diego and paid invoice! Had to settle for Black as that was what came in. To this day I have ZERO regrets! The car is amazing and looks fantastic. It has really held up great with just a few oil changes and 30K service. I've replaced the tires and front brakes and that's it. I highly recommend this car to anyone. The only downside is gas mileage..typical driving will get you about 19 mpg if you really drive it light around 23mpg... I see it averaging close to 30 mpg on a long highway trips.

Everything! I love my Sonata runs great cheap to own.. still have a bumper to bumper warranty left. The traction control literally saved my life once avoiding a high speed accident on the freeway I had to swerve into the other lane and the Sonata maintained composure without spinning out of control

Gas Mileage, little tighter suspension.

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Review
By VVI

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly remarkable. All I have been doing is regular oil changes and the Hyundai recommended services and this car has ran awesome. No problems whatsoever. Knock on wood! I guess, I m now a loyal Hyundai owner and would probably not think about switching to other car makers. My Maintenance cost till date has been $751.18 and this includes regular car washes, oil changes and the 7.5K, 15K, 39K and 37.5K hyundai recommended maintenance. I used to own a Japanese made car as well as a German made car before. I thought the Japanese cars were maintenance effective compared to German car, but I got to admit that Hyundai beat the Japanese car I had. Good car to own and operate!

Power seat for passenger side. Heating for back seats as well. No need for Shiftronic.

Nothing Wrong and a Lot right
By MikeB

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's been 3 years and 28,000 miles and my wife drives this car every day to work and I drive it on weekends and we have taken it on several long trips (Nova Scotia, Florida). Bottom line: no squeaks, no rattles, no problems. Highway mileage about 28 (regular) and overall, mostly 8 mile trips for my wife to work, is 19 mpg. Lots of power (V-6), great brakes, generally very quiet except for suspension noise in the rear over big bumps and engine noise under full acceleration. So smooth you can't tell if the engine is running. Very comfortable (leather). Only 2 complaints: radio reception is not good, suspension slightly floaty at high speed (like a Camry, but a little better). Great value!

Comfort, power, quiet, reliability, overall quality, huge interior, styling, inexpensive to own

Better radio, more steering feel, quicker transmission response, tighter suspension, reduce rear suspension noise over bumps.

Great Car
By charles

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this as a replacement for a older bonneville. Although it looks smaller, the overall size is only an inch or so different. Car has great pickup and the handling is excellent.

I Love My Car
By kathy

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 1998 Mazda died and I looked for a used one, but way too expensive. Happened upon the Hyundai, reluctantly went into the dealership. He took me for a ride and I thought, there's gotta be something wrong with this car. The dealer sent me home with it for the day and I went back the next day and took it for the day. Incredible is all I can say. Love it... I'm short so I can never see where I am going. This car is amazing. I don't even have to turn around when backing up cuz I just look in the rear view mirror. The ride is like gliding on a glass slipper. I call it my Cinderella car and it didn't break my bank buying it. Wish the gas mileage was a bit better, but I can live with it.

Ability to see out of the car. Seating is incredibly comfortable. Love the electric heated seats and love the leather interior. Just a beautiful, comfortable and reasonably priced car.

Better stereo system and better sounding horn. It sounds like a sick cow.