Used 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Nothing Wrong and a Lot right
By MikeB

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's been 3 years and 28,000 miles and my wife drives this car every day to work and I drive it on weekends and we have taken it on several long trips (Nova Scotia, Florida). Bottom line: no squeaks, no rattles, no problems. Highway mileage about 28 (regular) and overall, mostly 8 mile trips for my wife to work, is 19 mpg. Lots of power (V-6), great brakes, generally very quiet except for suspension noise in the rear over big bumps and engine noise under full acceleration. So smooth you can't tell if the engine is running. Very comfortable (leather). Only 2 complaints: radio reception is not good, suspension slightly floaty at high speed (like a Camry, but a little better). Great value!

Comfort, power, quiet, reliability, overall quality, huge interior, styling, inexpensive to own

Better radio, more steering feel, quicker transmission response, tighter suspension, reduce rear suspension noise over bumps.

Great Car
By charles

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this as a replacement for a older bonneville. Although it looks smaller, the overall size is only an inch or so different. Car has great pickup and the handling is excellent.

I Love My Car
By kathy

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 1998 Mazda died and I looked for a used one, but way too expensive. Happened upon the Hyundai, reluctantly went into the dealership. He took me for a ride and I thought, there's gotta be something wrong with this car. The dealer sent me home with it for the day and I went back the next day and took it for the day. Incredible is all I can say. Love it... I'm short so I can never see where I am going. This car is amazing. I don't even have to turn around when backing up cuz I just look in the rear view mirror. The ride is like gliding on a glass slipper. I call it my Cinderella car and it didn't break my bank buying it. Wish the gas mileage was a bit better, but I can live with it.

Ability to see out of the car. Seating is incredibly comfortable. Love the electric heated seats and love the leather interior. Just a beautiful, comfortable and reasonably priced car.

Better stereo system and better sounding horn. It sounds like a sick cow.

Squeaky Squaky Suspension
By Helen

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my '06. Bought it used. Only one thing I hate besides the seat belt chime is the car creaks and groans over speed bumps and or rough driveways. Sounds like the rear window is being flexed or something back there is flexing and creaking. Dealer can't find anything. They've reinforced the package shelf and replaced the rear shocks. No noise when it's rainy outside and the road is wet. Anybody have this problem or have a solution? Great car, otherwise!

electrochromatic rear mirror with compass, seat comfort and quiet ride. Love the car!

Lose the seat belt and door ajar racket. Doesn't need to be so obnoxious while making its point.

Ole!
By URNMYWA

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a V8 SUV. Loved my truck but I am in love with this car. I drive over an hour commute each way four days a week. My truck was a tank so I didn't worry about semi's and other SUV's. With this car, the speed and ease at which I am able to change gears and lanes means no worries because they can't catch me. I am big so the roomy interior and space between the steering wheel and driver seat is fantastic. A huge roomy trunk and spacious back seats means my passengers are just as comfy. Car only has single cd and no MP3 adapter so aftermarket stereo is a must. The speakers sound pretty nice and since I love all music a booming base is not necessary. Gas is pretty good!

roomy, lots of cubby holes for toll money, cd's etc... leather seats with seat warmers, v6 engine (zoom! zoom!, I have the maroon in the pic. and it looks darker almost black sometimes. Great exterior coat!

expand stereo controls for steering wheel to include more than volume, ff, rev, mode, sunroof and changer should be standard in all LX, tires are loud on highway but great in heavy rain, horrible windshield wipers, automatic light indicator on rearview and automatic, not on steering wheel