Used 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

No Problems but normal wear and Tear
By Feezy

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have over 110,000 miles and I have had not issues other than the normal wear and tear item. Being a do it yourselfer I spent about 150 to change both control arms to get rid of an annoying squeak but other than that just the normal changing of bulbs, oil/filter and tires....

Favorite Features

Auto lights and 12 volt outlet in the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

always on 12 volt outlet

Great car
By rla443

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 58000 miles, it has turned out ot be a great investment. I looked at Lexus, Audi, Volvo and Nissan and found most of the same features and better power for over 10,000 less (if buying used, beat the depreciation). Perfect reliability. Only two complaints. The visor broke and won't stay in the back position and It would be nice to have a greater range of adjustability in the power seat. I will definitely buy again. My wife only averages about 21-23 MPG but the price difference is worth it.

Favorite Features

Power, features, Looks, Size, Warranty and safety.

Suggested Improvements

Greater adjustability in seats, better mileage.

Approaching 60K
By Rick

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 2nd sonata. Only problems have been a dead windshield washer pump and some doorlock issues, both addressed by dealer. This car is a great value, & Hyundai is a great story - they appear to be making quality vehicles at reasonable prices. Still, I enjoy our 99 e320 more, but no complaints on the brand or dealer.

Favorite Features

Styling, power even at highway speed, quiet ride, trunk is huge - with back seat down can fit 2 mountain bikes inside!

Suggested Improvements

Front seat too short and not comfortable; stereo adequate but its no Boze;

My first Hyundai won't be the last!
By Tom B

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was on the fence about Hyundai until I read about the Sonata and how it was built in America. So I bought the first V6 Sonata LX fully loaded to arrive in San Diego and paid invoice! Had to settle for Black as that was what came in. To this day I have ZERO regrets! The car is amazing and looks fantastic. It has really held up great with just a few oil changes and 30K service. I've replaced the tires and front brakes and that's it. I highly recommend this car to anyone. The only downside is gas mileage..typical driving will get you about 19 mpg if you really drive it light around 23mpg... I see it averaging close to 30 mpg on a long highway trips.

Favorite Features

Everything! I love my Sonata runs great cheap to own.. still have a bumper to bumper warranty left. The traction control literally saved my life once avoiding a high speed accident on the freeway I had to swerve into the other lane and the Sonata maintained composure without spinning out of control

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage, little tighter suspension.

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Review
By VVI

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly remarkable. All I have been doing is regular oil changes and the Hyundai recommended services and this car has ran awesome. No problems whatsoever. Knock on wood! I guess, I m now a loyal Hyundai owner and would probably not think about switching to other car makers. My Maintenance cost till date has been $751.18 and this includes regular car washes, oil changes and the 7.5K, 15K, 39K and 37.5K hyundai recommended maintenance. I used to own a Japanese made car as well as a German made car before. I thought the Japanese cars were maintenance effective compared to German car, but I got to admit that Hyundai beat the Japanese car I had. Good car to own and operate!

Suggested Improvements

Power seat for passenger side. Heating for back seats as well. No need for Shiftronic.