2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Great car
By rla443 on 01/05/10 06:00 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 58000 miles, it has turned out ot be a great investment. I looked at Lexus, Audi, Volvo and Nissan and found most of the same features and better power for over 10,000 less (if buying used, beat the depreciation). Perfect reliability. Only two complaints. The visor broke and won't stay in the back position and It would be nice to have a greater range of adjustability in the power seat. I will definitely buy again. My wife only averages about 21-23 MPG but the price difference is worth it.

Approaching 60K
By Rick on 07/15/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 2nd sonata. Only problems have been a dead windshield washer pump and some doorlock issues, both addressed by dealer. This car is a great value, & Hyundai is a great story - they appear to be making quality vehicles at reasonable prices. Still, I enjoy our 99 e320 more, but no complaints on the brand or dealer.

My first Hyundai won't be the last!
By Tom B on 06/29/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was on the fence about Hyundai until I read about the Sonata and how it was built in America. So I bought the first V6 Sonata LX fully loaded to arrive in San Diego and paid invoice! Had to settle for Black as that was what came in. To this day I have ZERO regrets! The car is amazing and looks fantastic. It has really held up great with just a few oil changes and 30K service. I've replaced the tires and front brakes and that's it. I highly recommend this car to anyone. The only downside is gas mileage..typical driving will get you about 19 mpg if you really drive it light around 23mpg... I see it averaging close to 30 mpg on a long highway trips.

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Review
By VVI on 06/10/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly remarkable. All I have been doing is regular oil changes and the Hyundai recommended services and this car has ran awesome. No problems whatsoever. Knock on wood! I guess, I m now a loyal Hyundai owner and would probably not think about switching to other car makers. My Maintenance cost till date has been $751.18 and this includes regular car washes, oil changes and the 7.5K, 15K, 39K and 37.5K hyundai recommended maintenance. I used to own a Japanese made car as well as a German made car before. I thought the Japanese cars were maintenance effective compared to German car, but I got to admit that Hyundai beat the Japanese car I had. Good car to own and operate!

Nothing Wrong and a Lot right
By MikeB on 05/01/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's been 3 years and 28,000 miles and my wife drives this car every day to work and I drive it on weekends and we have taken it on several long trips (Nova Scotia, Florida). Bottom line: no squeaks, no rattles, no problems. Highway mileage about 28 (regular) and overall, mostly 8 mile trips for my wife to work, is 19 mpg. Lots of power (V-6), great brakes, generally very quiet except for suspension noise in the rear over big bumps and engine noise under full acceleration. So smooth you can't tell if the engine is running. Very comfortable (leather). Only 2 complaints: radio reception is not good, suspension slightly floaty at high speed (like a Camry, but a little better). Great value!

Great Car
By charles on 11/04/08 13:26 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this as a replacement for a older bonneville. Although it looks smaller, the overall size is only an inch or so different. Car has great pickup and the handling is excellent.

I Love My Car
By kathy on 11/01/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 1998 Mazda died and I looked for a used one, but way too expensive. Happened upon the Hyundai, reluctantly went into the dealership. He took me for a ride and I thought, there's gotta be something wrong with this car. The dealer sent me home with it for the day and I went back the next day and took it for the day. Incredible is all I can say. Love it... I'm short so I can never see where I am going. This car is amazing. I don't even have to turn around when backing up cuz I just look in the rear view mirror. The ride is like gliding on a glass slipper. I call it my Cinderella car and it didn't break my bank buying it. Wish the gas mileage was a bit better, but I can live with it.

Squeaky Squaky Suspension
By Helen on 10/19/08 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my '06. Bought it used. Only one thing I hate besides the seat belt chime is the car creaks and groans over speed bumps and or rough driveways. Sounds like the rear window is being flexed or something back there is flexing and creaking. Dealer can't find anything. They've reinforced the package shelf and replaced the rear shocks. No noise when it's rainy outside and the road is wet. Anybody have this problem or have a solution? Great car, otherwise!

Ole!
By URNMYWA on 09/27/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a V8 SUV. Loved my truck but I am in love with this car. I drive over an hour commute each way four days a week. My truck was a tank so I didn't worry about semi's and other SUV's. With this car, the speed and ease at which I am able to change gears and lanes means no worries because they can't catch me. I am big so the roomy interior and space between the steering wheel and driver seat is fantastic. A huge roomy trunk and spacious back seats means my passengers are just as comfy. Car only has single cd and no MP3 adapter so aftermarket stereo is a must. The speakers sound pretty nice and since I love all music a booming base is not necessary. Gas is pretty good!

proud to drive a hyundai
By p anderson on 09/07/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After the unfortunate experience of having my 96 Acura TL (paid for, only 95k miles) totaled, I reluctantly began to look for its replacement. I found this car after a long search and slowly fell for it. The Sonata has won me over. Mileage is good, fit & finish are nice, good quality leather and the interior is really roomy. The engine is bigger, so I'm enjoying the power. Pretty good pickup, and though it doesn't claim to be sporty, i find that it handles well enough for my taste. The funniest thing is convincing people that a Hyundai is more than a low end, minimally styled car. I'm still grieving the loss of my Acura, but am so far very pleased with my "new" Hyundai.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.