Used 2006 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 639 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Great car for the money
By Sean Smith

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

a car for all reasons
By m. Fitzgerald

2006 Hyundai Sonata GL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

great ride;roomy;road warrior;low road noise.

Mix bag
By Sinai

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car almost three years ago.First owner was an old guy, so I think he didn't drive it too harsh. during past three years I had to change the whole Starter package, whole AC compressor and accessories, front struts, windshield wipers water pump ( its broken again) and replaced the battery twice. CD player may work only occasionally and can not read half of the tracks for no good reason. I changed the front shock absorbers, and it just got a little better for a while,, its just driving me crazy that how noisy and uncomfortable the car is over small bumps. I took care of the car really good and still its not reliable. when I bought the car it had 93000 miles on it and now its ~ 117000. thats stupid,,, I won't ever but any Hyundai products and will not recommend it to anybody.

Hyundai Changed My Whole Opinion On Their Cars
By Jay C

2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very surprised with this vehicle. I was sketchy before I got this car because of Hyundai's previous reputation, but after driving it and owning it for a few months, I am very impressed.
I want to start off with my absolute favorite thing about this car - it rides so incredibly smooth, and the road noise is minimal inside of the cabin. Seriously, the smoothness of the ride is right up there with GM's more luxurious brands (Buick, Cadillac). The acceleration is impressive (I have the 3.3L V6), and the breaking is great. Another thing I'd like to note is how great the overall visibility this vehicle provides. As for the interior, the layout of the radio, AC controls, and the car controls (turn signals, wipers, etc.) is pretty simple and easy to learn relatively quick. However, while I do enjoy the simplicity of the layout, I have to say I don't care for how basic this car is. I know it isn't the LX, but still, this car seriously lacks some features that other cars in its class (Accord and Camry) have. The backseat provides decent leg room and is somewhat roomy for the passengers.
This car is 10 years old now, and I'm still impressed with the driving characteristics of this vehicle, and my opinion of Hyundai has absolutely changed.

No belt Chain for timing
By Louis

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We owned it since new 190000 still going of course you have to maintain where parts but if your looking for a used car I would recommend this year since it was built in USA plant I have the LX and I'm handy when it comes to doing my own repairs .