2005 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Poor Manfacturer Follow Up

2005 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

2005 Hyundai Sonata

GL Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Poor Manfacturer Follow Up
By JJTucker on

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have loved my Hyundai Sonata except for one thing.It started making a horrible noise from the rear at about 36,000 miles and has gotten much worse over time.The servicing dealership (Pinehurst Hyundai) would not acknowledge the noise, and the Hyundai Corp. simply ignored our plead for help.No Hyundai area rep would even take time to contact us! We are left with a vehicle that we can't sell and get anything out of because of this.The poor customer service has literally cost us thousands of dollars.If you are planning to purchase a Hyundai you need to consider that if anything happens They will not stand behind there product. That tells me that they do not believe in their product. Beware!

Love the style,comfort and little extras that the vehicle has but the one problem that makes people riding in my car think it is falling apart has ruined the experience!I use my vehicle for business.The noise has scared my customers to death at times.Sounds like the rear end is going to come off!

Hyundai need to stand behind their product and not ignore customer complaints! A product is only as good as the customer service and in this case it's really bad!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By fbr
on 07/02/13 15:56 PM (PDT)

I'm guessing it's the rear wheel bearing...have gone thru 4 in my 2000 (it's 2013 now).