2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Great Car
By Dennis on 05/19/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just passed 90K with no major problems. Changed timing belt, spark plugs and trans/coolant fluids. Front brakes at 75,000 miles and regular oil changes are all that has been required. Runs great, very smooth. Best car for the money I have ever purchased new.

2005 Hyundai, Excellent value
By Pete on 06/17/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car for three years, 31000 miles. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with this car. No rattles, everything works fine, mileage ok for a 6 cylinder. I would buy another in a heart beat.

Quality, Reliable Luxury with Tiny Price
By Christina on 06/17/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Sonata has all the bells that you would expect to find on a car that costs $10K more. It's zippy - great for driving to work - and in the 3+ years I've owned it, I have NOT ONCE had any issues. It is the most maintenance-free vehicle I have ever owned. (Had a Ford Explorer and Mits. Eclipse before - both were ALWAYS in the shop.) In fact, 3 other family members have since bought Hyundais (new and used) and no one has had any mechanical problems, which leads me to believe that the negative reviews are fairly isolated. I am now looking to buy the Veracruz - sticking with Hyundai because of the value & quality of its product. I trust Hyundai and definitely would buy another.

Great Value
By Seabrina on 07/05/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this has been a great car! Love the appearance. The interior is very nice. It's a really great car for the price and the warranty is awesome. The ride is fairly smooth and I haven't noticed any road noise. I've had no problems with it.

great care
By jim on 02/24/06 19:55 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

great car, great options, great warranty, smooth to drive, price is unbeatable, we have had minivans and suv's, but notice little difference in travel, trunk is huge for a midsize and long trips are comfortable. we come from a family that all work for the major u.s. car companies where we could use the employee discounts, we still chose the sonata. the other cars in this class couldn't compare.....we will definately choose another hyundai and reccommend it to everyone

needs a better drivers seat
By bob on 12/07/05 04:14 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for the price and now I will buy another, it is great, only down side on long drives the driver seat needs more cuhining, Other than that the car is perfect

Hyundai Sonato 2005
By Pam Colina on 12/06/05 13:48 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

driving is easy, ride is comfortable and quiet. good response with dealer and salesman. helpful on phone. feel safer with the side airbags.Air conditioning is great for here in florida.

I love my new LX Sonata !! -
By Black LX Sonata on 07/18/05 14:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 12 years of driving a 1994 Ford Taurus, I finally made the jump to a new car...I like many did much research and you just CANNOT beat the value this car offers...completely loaded with everything an average driver needs for less than $20,000...I receive a ton of comments because it looks more expensive than it is and the black color just adds to it...I've heard the paint quality is not the best but that will be something I'll only be able to see after time...I plan on waxing and polishing the heck out of it to keep it looking as good as I can...HIGHLY recommend the Sonata !..btw, 1,700 miles to date and no problems...

2005 hyundai lx
By carl solomon on 06/19/05 22:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. Great style, value and ride.

Joe's Review
By jdsales on 06/19/05 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle while not as finished in the interior as former cars I have owned such as Mercedes and Infiniti is still quite adequate and comfortable. Extremely quite and smooth ride. Performance not equal to higher ends but more than adequate for normal city and highway driving. V6 has good power and can get you out of the way when needed. Exterior is excellent is often mistaken for a Jaguar. Great lines and look. Warranty and service are on a par with my Mercedes and Infiniti experience. Dollar for features it's a great value, good looks, handles great and pleasant to drive. Lacks only in interior creature comforts but this is exceeded by the outstanding 10 year 100 mile warranty. $ for $ great