Used 2005 Hyundai Sonata LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Great Car
By Dennis

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just passed 90K with no major problems. Changed timing belt, spark plugs and trans/coolant fluids. Front brakes at 75,000 miles and regular oil changes are all that has been required. Runs great, very smooth. Best car for the money I have ever purchased new.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort and ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Poor sound system

2005 Hyundai, Excellent value
By Pete

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car for three years, 31000 miles. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with this car. No rattles, everything works fine, mileage ok for a 6 cylinder. I would buy another in a heart beat.

Favorite Features

Most liked feature is the roominess, then nimbleness (handling), quiet, CD/Tape/Radio is excellent, climate control is excellent. Power seat superb.

Suggested Improvements

Umbrella compartment in the drivers door. [I live in Alabama, rains a lot]

Quality, Reliable Luxury with Tiny Price
By Christina

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Sonata has all the bells that you would expect to find on a car that costs $10K more. It's zippy - great for driving to work - and in the 3+ years I've owned it, I have NOT ONCE had any issues. It is the most maintenance-free vehicle I have ever owned. (Had a Ford Explorer and Mits. Eclipse before - both were ALWAYS in the shop.) In fact, 3 other family members have since bought Hyundais (new and used) and no one has had any mechanical problems, which leads me to believe that the negative reviews are fairly isolated. I am now looking to buy the Veracruz - sticking with Hyundai because of the value & quality of its product. I trust Hyundai and definitely would buy another.

Favorite Features

heated seats, heated side mirrors, auto dimmer, zippy and fun to drive, interior is beautiful(leather, wood trim), exterior is older style (which I like for its curves).

Suggested Improvements

mp3 adapter.

Great Value
By Seabrina

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this has been a great car! Love the appearance. The interior is very nice. It's a really great car for the price and the warranty is awesome. The ride is fairly smooth and I haven't noticed any road noise. I've had no problems with it.

Favorite Features

Outside appearance is very classy.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need to be more comfortable. They are very firm. Also would like compass.

great care
By jim

2005 Hyundai Sonata Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

great car, great options, great warranty, smooth to drive, price is unbeatable, we have had minivans and suv's, but notice little difference in travel, trunk is huge for a midsize and long trips are comfortable. we come from a family that all work for the major u.s. car companies where we could use the employee discounts, we still chose the sonata. the other cars in this class couldn't compare.....we will definately choose another hyundai and reccommend it to everyone

Favorite Features

looks spectacular, options are great,price is unbeatable, drives smooth, having both cd and cassette

Suggested Improvements

keyless entry should have the horn blow when locked, maybe the light on when opened, gas mileage in the city should be better, and the handles near the head on the front seats should be changed, i am only 6 ft. and i hit my head entering the car .....