2005 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Very Good First Car
By blackboxmike on 07/25/14 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

First car. Purchased used at approximately 112k miles. Even with so many miles, an absolute smooth ride. Brakes made a loud scraping noise every morning after first starting the car but then went away. Seems the body dented somewhat easily. But not a huge problem. Very very quiet ride. Surprised, actually, at how quiet the car was. Even on the highway. Had a problem with the automatic locks not always engaging after pressing the lock/unlock button. Might have been a problem with my specific car. Owned it for only a little over a month before hitting a deer and totaling it. Everyone in the car was safe. The deer though--pretty much, it was splattered. Highly recommended.

Excellent choice for my money
By bdnebhut on 08/01/05 23:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I truly love this car! Even though it doesn't have all the horsepower I'd like it too, it still has more than enough to get you from point A to B and everywhere in between. This vehicle is designed and styled to be luxury but without the overpricing that other dealers have. Great car! Excellent value!

I love my Sonata!!
By Sandi McCullough on 06/17/05 02:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the perfect car for me--not too small, not too big. The exterior is as nice as the interior. It is comfortable and gets great mileage!! The ride is smooth and very quiet. The warranty is great, I have been happy with my decision to purchase a Sonata.

2005 Hyundai Sonata
By Vinny on 06/14/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Not having much experience in car buying & owning at only 19 years old this car caught my eye. It has the performace needed for being a teenager. Has the confort, safety, room, & reliability as being a single parent. Out of my three cars I've owned (1994 Ford Probe, 2003 Ford Taurus, & this 2005 Hyundai Sonata) this is definitely the best. It is the most refined & the price is reasonable.

Oh my God I love it
By Joann on 04/07/05 22:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love it... It rides like a dream, so smooth a ride. I enjoyed driving so much I even took a day off from work just to drive it around. It looks like such an expensive car but is so affordable.

Love This Car
By brucew on 03/29/05 18:42 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car for one year now without any problems. I highly recommend it to someone that likes quality at a reasonable price.

Much underated
By D Lee on 03/28/05 01:09 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove every car in this class, and none of them drove as smooth and quiet as the Sonata. One of the pitfalls of front wheel drive is road noise. In this area, the Sonata excells with a very quiet ride. It's time for Consumer Reports to get over it's love affair with the Toyota Camry (a much overated,overpriced car.)The Sonata is an excellent vehicle, and a real bargain!

Very satisfied!
By Beth on 03/19/05 18:45 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The 2005 Hyundai Sonata GL has a great warranty, smooth ride, classy body style and great cargo space.

My Brand New 2005 Sonata
By Kim Muller on 03/12/05 18:01 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had purchased a 2001 Hyundai Sonata and loved it. The opportunity to purchase the new 2005 GLS with spoiler and gold package came up and I am glad I took the opportunity. I hadn't always heard good things about Hyundais...but since I have owned one...I wouldn't want any other car. .

Very good car for the money
By johnny medinilla on 02/02/05 19:15 PM (PST)

Very good car for the money