Used 2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2004 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

My Sonata
By jg_cool

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

For sure the head lights have a problem with having to be replaced. I also had to have the steering assembly replaced at over $1000. Now after 14 months it is starting to leak again and makes a buzzing noise due to that. I've never owned a car where I had to replace such a component. Not happy about this at all.

Favorite Features

Get lots of compliments on its looks.

Suggested Improvements

They have addressed the ones I had when I bought the car new.

Best Sonata that Hyundai has ever made!
By Jason

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about a year and a half, and I love it. The only downside is city mileage. I love the style inside and out. Inside, the mahogany wood grain complements the interior nicely. Plus, the body style has an expensive look to it. It is silver, which to me is the best color of all the 04 Sonata's. It's sleek, sporty, and rather fast surprisingly. I have the V6 2.7L, which delivers a lot of power and speed. It may be six years old, but she still runs like a champ. I Love this car, and I hope to get another 100,000 thousand miles out of her.

Favorite Features

Everything! But nothing stands out better than the interior design.

Suggested Improvements

None. Just remember to maintenance the car when prompted to do so in the owner's manual.

My first car!
By Deputy Tut

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first car and i love it! But i have a few problems. The caps for the fogs lights come off real easily. I have a check engine light on for a cylinder 3 misfire. The emergency brake barely works, the headlights don't last long. The power steer is shot. The power antenna doesn't work. But it is an extremely reliable car. I plan to own it for a long time. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Favorite Features

Sunroof Strong Powerful Engine Projector headlights Smooth Ride Comfortable Large Trunk Heated Side Mirrors

Suggested Improvements

Integrated radio antenna into back windshield. Get better gas MPG. ABS Brakes? Leather? Homelink? Compass? Thermometer?

Walking Hyundai Commercial
By angelgirl

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I bought it new and have 190000 miles on it. I have had water pump and timing at 100000 miles and those are standard items to go at that mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone and hope to have another brand new Sonata soon!

Favorite Features

Looks like a Jag and the ride is really nice

Great Car for the money
By A.Quint

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for almost 4 years. I have not had any problems with it. I have 98k miles. I have normal maintenance on it and purchased one set of tires only. As for warranties. The power train warranty is great. I just recently took it in for inspections and there is some work that will be covered by the warranty.

Favorite Features

I like the design.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements are in the newer models.