2004 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
My Sonata
By jg_cool on 10/17/13 14:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

For sure the head lights have a problem with having to be replaced. I also had to have the steering assembly replaced at over $1000. Now after 14 months it is starting to leak again and makes a buzzing noise due to that. I've never owned a car where I had to replace such a component. Not happy about this at all.

Best Sonata that Hyundai has ever made!
By Jason on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about a year and a half, and I love it. The only downside is city mileage. I love the style inside and out. Inside, the mahogany wood grain complements the interior nicely. Plus, the body style has an expensive look to it. It is silver, which to me is the best color of all the 04 Sonata's. It's sleek, sporty, and rather fast surprisingly. I have the V6 2.7L, which delivers a lot of power and speed. It may be six years old, but she still runs like a champ. I Love this car, and I hope to get another 100,000 thousand miles out of her.

My first car!
By Deputy Tut on 05/14/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first car and i love it! But i have a few problems. The caps for the fogs lights come off real easily. I have a check engine light on for a cylinder 3 misfire. The emergency brake barely works, the headlights don't last long. The power steer is shot. The power antenna doesn't work. But it is an extremely reliable car. I plan to own it for a long time. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Walking Hyundai Commercial
By angelgirl on 04/23/10 11:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I bought it new and have 190000 miles on it. I have had water pump and timing at 100000 miles and those are standard items to go at that mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone and hope to have another brand new Sonata soon!

Great Car for the money
By A.Quint on 01/25/10 09:25 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for almost 4 years. I have not had any problems with it. I have 98k miles. I have normal maintenance on it and purchased one set of tires only. As for warranties. The power train warranty is great. I just recently took it in for inspections and there is some work that will be covered by the warranty.

Good Car , Dealer Service Questionable
By Sonata GLS V6 on 12/16/09 20:40 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Car seems to be above average, but service dept. stinks. Engine warning light problems, ABS noise, and transmission concerns. Not sure if hyundai will be my next car. Jury still out.

This is my 1st Car Ever
By Tony1stCar on 12/08/09 10:41 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is really great. it is a very stylish car and many people think that i am driving a Jaguar. This car is very well built. It can fit 5 people very comfortably. The trunk space is very large which is a good to always have. But my antenna broke. Due to the motor burn out. So now i can get the AM stations. I am curious about how it will drive in the snow because it has no traction control nor ABS.

Great Vehicle
By Muppet on 10/04/09 17:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used with 70000 miles on it. This car looks and drives great with the V6. Fuel economy is very good. AC is good. Reliabilty is superb. I put 1100 miles a week on it and have had no problems. In the passed 60K I have replaced two sets of tires, timing belt, spark plugs, headlight bulb, oil and tranny fluids. I am so impressed with this Hyundai and still like it's ability...

Terrific Car
By Mike M on 08/09/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the most maintenance free car that I have ever owned - hands down. I have 110,000 miles on it and it still rides nice and smooth like the day I bought it. Outside of normal maintenance, the only thing that I have had to replace is a front headlight. The cost to operate this car is extremely minimal. I am passing it on the my daughter and I fully expect to get another 110,000 miles out of it.

Extended Warrenty
By Sam on 07/02/09 07:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a joke. We bought the car and are not high-mileage drivers. We also purchased the EXTENDED Warranty to "Protect" us in the future. As of today it has 51000 miles. Problems, Air went out, 3 batteries, broken engine mounts, fuel sensor (which it seems is not covered by our Extended Warranty). So much for "protection." Add to this our local dealer went belly up and we have to drive forever to get the car fixed and it is time for the Toyota.