Used 2003 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2003 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Love the silver fox sonata!!!!!!
By BROCK

2003 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Its good. Scratch that it's AMAZING!!

Excellent Car
By blaakhawk

2003 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2003 Hyundai Sonata with only 41,000 miles on 1 owner carfax showed no accidents and schedule repairs on this car. It rides like brand new.

Its a pretty gold color. Fully loaded and a V6 motor.

This car is tough!!
By maytons

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

At 171k I decided to change my timing belt and filter FOR THE FIRST TIME!
Both were in remarkably good shape!
Did my first tune up at the same time.
Even driving in the mountains and with the electrodes on the spark plugs completely burned off I was still averaging 22.7 MPG.
Had a radiator flush at 100k and it still looks and smells fine, as does the oil and tranny fluid.
I bought this car new and would definitely buy another!

Wish every car was like this
By bigtex71

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This week my 2003 will see its 260,000 mile, and I will say goodbye to it after 11 years of loving this thing. I'm a big tall guy and never felt cramped driving this car. In its first few years it had acceleration that rocked. And even today as I drove it to the wash, I am amazed how smooth it runs, with very little maintenance over the years. The few problems I've had were it seems to get misaligned quicker than normal, and last year my AC finally went completely out. But it's the best car I've ever owned

smooth ride, reliability and very comfortable

The main thing Id improve is the access to the headlights, but that's true of most cars these days. When one of my headlights goes out I always have to take it to a auto shop because my hand is too big to reach the bulb.

Love this car!!
By ladymelan81

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car when it was 2 years old and had 90,000 miles on it. It never failed me in a serious way. I felt I was selling a family member when I let her go, then she was totaled 6 days after I sold her :( She was at 190,000 miles at that point and was showing transmission issues. Liked it so much I'm selling the car I bought, for the same year Sonata again.

Love the space inside, for a smaller car the space inside and in the trunk is amazing! Very quick car, and very comfortable. Everything is placed in a good spot inside, very easy to operate. Loved the side mirror defrosters, and the sound system.

I bought it with the rear back window not working, moon roof gave out a few months later. Wheel berrings tend to go out but are a fairly cheep and easy fix. Transmission started to act up at 190,000 miles but I had never serviced it, could have been my fault.