Solid Transportation But
By BigJim on
2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
I now have 94K miles and the car has provided 100% reliable transportation. Most reliable car I've ever owned. BUT - the electric antenna never worked right from day one, the clock goes on and off and I can't turn the radio off. It keeps coming on at random times. Love the car, it drives wonderfully, very comfortable, no repairs except oil and tires. Good mileage. Still looks shiny and new. The Rick Case purchasing experience was horrible (very manipulative) and their service dept isn't any better. They charged me $460 to do back breaks but only did one and charged me for both. Found a work light hanging from my car when I got home! I'll buy another Sonata soon but not from them.
Favorite Features
Incredible reliability, quiet operation, surprising mileage, my GLS is loaded with expensive options I didn't have to pay extra for.
Suggested Improvements
The radio doesn't sound all that great and the antenna system doesn't work. Need another brand of radio with better sound. Oh yes, the AM radio reception is TERRIBLE. Can't listen to the ball games! The signal fades in and out and I live in the city. Great car - crappy radio!