Better than expected
By Cheeshead on
2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)
Bought car with 57K & 16mos later have 84K. Great car. Smoother ride than our Windstar. In fact wife will take the Sonata over the Windstar often. Two dealers in my area wonderful. Even matched price of local garage to keep my business. Only major problem was a missfiring cylinder. After paying $400+ to get spark plugs, engine flush etc done, went back in a week and they had to replace the oxygen sensor. Other than that, it does pull to the left and after alignment steering wheel shakes. also, water in the taillamp...$220+ to fix/replace. Those probs aside, it really has been a great car. Would totally buy another one. 1800+ miles/month got me 25mpg. City has been 22mpg.
Favorite Features
Stereo, moon roof, comfort, ride, handling, fog lights, Jaguar looks, rear cupholders for the kids. White paint with Chrome turns heads and gets comments like, "That's a Hyundai?"
Suggested Improvements
Wish the V6 GLS had a REAL Manual Transmission. The 4-spd ShifTronic just doesn't do it for me... The cupholders in the front are not good when your passenger wants to use it too...