2002 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Don't Go With A 4 Cyl.
By Dennis Perkins on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'ts a sharp looking vehicle but the four cyl. is a dog. With the air on I could probably run a half a blook faster than the car. I also hate the climate control. When you start the car up the climate control goes to fresh air. This is not a possitive option when you live in the city. A lot of the time I forget to switch it to the cabin setting. I know this because I smell exhaust from a older car or bus. This is not healthy.

High Class Look for Middle Class Budgets
By Missy13 on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2002 Sonata today, and I love the way it looks!! That was the main reason I bought the car, the rich looking exterior. Beautiful curves. And even though I've only had it for a day I'm in love already!

11k++ miles and still good
By Blip22 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my SF for the past 7 months, and it's still drives so well. No problems at all. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, where it's hilly and snowy during winter, and we tested it out. We have the GLS FWD with ABS and Traction Control, and these two were enough to get us out of the snowy roads in our apartment complex. The horses are just enough for the FWD. This is one of the best decisions I made in my life.

Awesome Vehicle
By KebbyT on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased 10/2001 after 09/11. What an awesome automobile. Quality in design, workmanship, and overall a great accomplishment for the car. Should win any and all awards for ingenuity and originality. A success in concept to reality. I am most proud every day of my purchase and ownership of this automobile. Hyundai, be proud!

My Sonata
By Bobraney on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Dealer service has been incredible at two different dealers. Loan car while window motor replaced, new battery at no cost after 14 months use.

Hyundai Sonata
By chenriks2000 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've been very pleased with the car.

Brake problems plague Sonata
By Marie on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I thought the sonata would be a great investment - I thought more bang for the buck. I was wrong. I am having consistent problems with the brakes on this car. The brake pedal locks up and renders brakes unusable. After numerous visits to the dealership - it is still not fixed. This car is not reliable, defective and unsafe. Engine is noisy overall, as well. My advice? Get a Toyota!

Awesome
By fdas on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing, got the base model with a moonroof, and automatic, power everything, and i got a hell of a deal at $13,000 brand new! with the warranty, how could anyone go wrong?

Great little inexpensive car
By shoesalive on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Vehicle picked out by the wife to replace 93 Maxima. She liked the way it looked and handled. Passed over Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry. I love to drive it and I own Chrysler 300. Handling is great. Price is unbelievaable. Long range durablility could be an issue but bumper to bumper warrenty is unsurpassed.

Eve
By Christmas Eve on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Experience has been great. I drive approximately 40 miles a day, and so the new car has made my commute much more bearable.