2002 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Few small problems
By ABC123 on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drum brakes problem around 8,000 miles (dispute with dealership) Head light(warranty) Battery failure(warranty) Vibrating(steering wheel and chair) (disputed and not resolved, but will check on other dealership) (service center: Freeman Hyundai)

'02 Hyundai Sonata LX
By DeeDee on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The car is an outstanding value. With the single exception of horsepower, much more bang for the buck than Chrysler Sebring or Mercury Sable. Very comfortable and roomy interior. Unmatched warranty. Only irritation has been three incidents where "Check Engine" light came on due to an overly sensitive O2 sensor. Minor fixes, all under warranty, corrected them, but could have done without the inconvenience. Perhaps the recall on the oxygen sensor will finally take care of this. Otherwise delighted with the car.

Great Ride!
By huyen genomia on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. it's sleek,and looks futuristic. It warms easily in the winter and cools fast in the summer. For a first time buyer, this is the way to go!

If considering a Sonata, shop around.
By Perrott on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In the search for a mid-size sedan, shop around. The flaws that come after 2 years of driving are not worth the price I paid. I live in Canada, and paid $24,000 for the car. For that price, there are plenty of other good deals. There are too many unreliable things about the car. A 2 year old car should not be experiencing this many problems after 1 year. Maybe the Koreans just horribly botched my car, but I'm stuck with it due to the horrible trade in value I'm left with.

This is where it's at!
By Mr.Wright on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great car! Lots of Bang for your buck. By far the best value, many extra features.

Great Car
By Joetyger on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Very impressed with how it stacked up against Camry and Accord... for thousands less!

A bang for your buck
By Sonata Owner on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I almost bought a Toyota Camary, but felt like i was giving money to the wrong place. I stoped into Hyundai, expecting a noisy,tinny little econobox, but I was sure wrong. The styling attracts many people. I continously get compliments from Lexus and Jag. owners. Engine is a little noisy, but not annoying. Acceleration is pretty good. Interior design is high quality, but has some cheap bits in it.Comfortable. Hasnt caused me any problems but a popping speaker. I would recomend this car to anybody.I constantly do 250, 500 mile trips across the state and feel very confident.

Lot of car for a little money!
By Bluto on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We have already put on over 60K miles with no problems. This is our daily driver and we love, we will buy another Hyundai product.

What a bargain
By upscalegirl on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I shopped Toyota, Chevrolet, and Mazda before settling on the Hyundai Sonata. It turns out to have been an excellent choice, despite having to pay list price. The value is there in this import. Reliability has been excellent, highway mileage 28/29, and comfort is better than expected even for my rather large husband. Even with the moonroof there is plenty of headroom. No mechanical problems to date, dealer service has been excellent, and the styling draws admiring looks. The warranty, style, and price sold us.

Hyundai Fan
By DLAC on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The quality, reliability and features makes the Sonata one of the best cars I've owned.